Why does anybody care about McGregor Diaz?

I've honestly never been more excited for a fight.

You care enough to care what others think of this fight.
/Thread.

I feel like this is a fight where the people who say they don't like it talk shit about it, but end up making sure they see it anyway. between the back and forth itself, the unanswered cardio questions and "efficiency of energy", has conor worked his ground enough, is diaz going to be effected now that he's had a lot more media responsibility while conor has had more time to focus, and regardless of what the fan boys on one side, or the haters on the others say, either one of these guys can win the fight. so yea, I'm pretty pumped.

The only way this fight becomes relevant is if Conor wins which he will not.

So............fight is pointless. End of story

Hype, trash talk, talent, NO WRESTLERS, Striking, BJJ and a finish. Expect more of the same except more blood.
lol.gif

Because their first fight was fun as fuck.

You have nailed it, sir.

Why do people need more than this? We get contender and title fights every month. Why do a couple of fun fights between a top 10 LW and the FW champ get everyones' panties in a bunch?

You have nailed it, sir.

Why do people need more than this? We get contender and title fights every month. Why do a couple of fun fights between a top 10 LW and the FW champ get everyones' panties in a bunch?
Yea people seem to forget that most fights aren't retirement fights.

It's pointless as in an illogical fight that the UFC puts on for money.

Other than that it's exciting for Conor nuthuggers for obvious reasons. They get to see Conor try to go for another belt in a different division. We can all just disregard that this fight isn't even at LW.

It's fun for Conor haters because they are looking forward to a huge shit talker get wrecked like the first fight. Seeing an arrogant shit talker get what's coming to him is always fun.

Agreed, it's totally pointless. A middling LW contender beats the FW champ on 10 days notice at WW...wtf?

And now we need to see it again, holding up a fun division with real contenders with a champ with ZERO defenses?

The outcome doesn't even change anything, it's just a pure money grab. And most of the MMA community is eating it up like it's the greatest rivalry ever.....fucking really??

Lol at people saying no implications. Not sure if seriously stupid or just trying to be elitist.

Anyone with a brain knows that the reality of the UFC today is that this has title implications in THREE divisions.

Connor wins, he almost for sure doesn't defend his 145 belt. He gets 155 for sure if he wants, 170 if he is crazy and demands it.

Diaz wins, he gets the choice of 155 or 170 title fight. Conor loses, he has no choice but to defend his 145 belt.

This fight probably has the most title implications in the history of the UFC. 3 divisions are determined by this one fight.

Is it bullshit? Yeah, but it's reality.

A fight is a fight as long as its high level i dont really care if its for a belt.

It's a meaningless pointless fight with no implications whatsoever no matter who wins. They'll probably do a third if Conor wins too. Fucking UFC

Fighting is about fighting, not belts. I am glad Conor wanted this so much as there have been plenty of champions over the years who avoided fights to remain unbeaten, or to hold a belt.

Id rather follow a guy who fights tough guys then a belt holder. Wand, Condit, Conor, these guys all come to fight.

Thats why when Ronda bailed it just looked sour. Conor took it like a man, and then went after this fight. He also knows too that he can defend the belt, and then take on fights based on matchups as contenders rise up. I think if he beats Nate, then he will fight Aldo again, then Nate again. But honestly thinking he gets beat by Nate then fights Aldo.

Last edited:
I'd much rather see McGregor Aldo 2
Sometimes you gotta love the one you're with, or something like that.

I strangely have developed some interest in seeing the fight, to a degree. I think the main thing for me is that I'm hoping Nate puts his goon hand down (again) and that it shuts up the Conner trolls. Then hopefully it leads to an Aldo rematch and potentially the guy will just go away.

Because they are both coming in to fight...none of that lay and pray shit, they are going to try to take each other out, and that is the kind of fight I and many other want to see.

I care because I want to see the Mcgregor hype train finally hindenburg into oblivion when he loses again and then can't make the 145 cut anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back