Why does anybody care about McGregor Diaz?

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
It's a meaningless pointless fight with no implications whatsoever no matter who wins. They'll probably do a third if Conor wins too. Fucking UFC

I used to say the same, now it's actually almost here and I can't wait tbh

It's gonna be fuckin madness

I could lay out a bullet point list for you if you'd like.

• The first fight was the shit. Back and forth exchanges, pre-fight drama, post-fight drama, ten day notice upset.
  • That's.. That's actually about it. It's not really relevant title wise, it's at welterweight so Conor can pretend the size advantage was the reason he lost like last time amidst other excuses... He should be defending the 145 belt, etc.
  • Hmm.. These bullet point things are pretty badass.

Because the first fight was fucking incredible

What kinda question is this

I'd much rather see McGregor Aldo 2

It's pretty fucking pointless, but it will still be exciting. Sometimes that can be better than having implications on the line.

would you rather see "relevant" title fights in Nunes vs Pena and Bisping vs Hendo instead? How about another Cruz 50-45 against a TAM manlet? Or MM coasting to victory over some guy you've never heard of and would never recognize on the street?

lol@ts

The first fight was great with neither guy at 100% in preparation for the other. Now they both make adjustments and we see what the difference is. Look at NBA playoffs, they do best of 7 so each team can make adjustments and we get a clear winner out of multiple games. Nate and Conor should do a best of seven.

It's not "no implications whatsoever". Let's not forget that Nate was just a replacement for a title shot, so Conor could fight for another title if he wins. I don't agree with that and I think he should defend his own title, but you know the UFC is going to give him a title shot if he wins. I'm not especially excited for this fight, but I'll probably watch it at a bar.

Because of the setups after connor potentially wins. Id wager everyone in the fllyweight-lightweight divs want connor to level diaz.

Why ?

Because the other contenders get the oppurtunity fight him which means lots of $$$$$$

Connor moves the needle.

It's pretty fucking pointless, but it will still be exciting. Sometimes that can be better than having implications on the line.
it's not really pointless because Conor wants to dominate LW like he's dominated FW and he can't do it until he gets by Nate.

no diaz has lost over 5 ufc fights in his career he's almost lost more fights than he's won if he losses dana will not grant him a automatic rematch unless diaz losses by a very close split decision

it's not really pointless because Conor wants to dominate LW like he's dominated FW and he can't do it until he gets by Nate.
Fair enough. But it's a massive risk if he doesn't succeed. A fight against another LW might have been less risk. Nate has a difficult style for Conor and I hope his ego is not getting the best of him in this decision.

There is no exciting when there is pointlessness.

Oh yeaaaa a fight that already happened with no bearing on ranking.
Now one more because Conor's ego needs it. Thanks but will pass.

Because it will be very violent.

Back