Why does Anderson Silva get released from his Ufc contract so he can box but not GSP?

What is the UFCs justification in letting one former champ have their freedom but not the other?

Dana said he can tell GSP is not serious about returning to the ufc at 40 years old, so why not free him from his contract so he can box too?
Silva fought out his contract and GSP still has a fight or 2 left on his. I think Dana owns him forever.

Silva kept fighting and was obviously not at the top anymore and he put in his dues. GSP pissed Dana off by retiring both times.

Anderson is considered "shot" but he has also done many short notice event saving favors for the company. GSP was super careful and he sorta cheated the company with his MW campaign.

only a select few fans would actually enjoy watching that, because those guys were already fans of GSP and so took vindication out of his dominant performances.

They took vindication out of his performances?

Riddled with spelling mistakes and full of nothing points. Should have saved the time with this one, at least I am more skilled in deciphering childish drivel now though.
Mistakes, as in, several of them?
Please, do list aaall of these mistakes that riddle my post

"and so took vindication out of his dominant performances" {<jordan}

Dana has to still give Silva fights so he released him.

Gsp doesn't want to fight in the ufc so Dana doesn't have to release him.

To keep Silva under contract would require continuing to give him fights, which Dana doesn't want to do. On the other hand, he does want to get more fights out of GSP so he's not releasing him. He also just doesn't like GSP.

Not all contract are the same. Also money. Dana White is selfish.

Exclusivity clauses are the same in every contract.

Silva was released because Dana thought that he was totally shot and no longer financially viable.

GSP is still perceived as someone who can fight at a high level and make serious money, and Dana wants that money to go to the UFC.

They took vindication out of his performances?

Mistakes, as in, several of them?
Please, do list aaall of these mistakes that riddle my post

"and so took vindication out of his dominant performances" {<jordan}

What I said was grammatically correct, you’re just lacking a basic education so you can’t comprehend it. Find me another gif to support your non existent argument, you smooth brained bitch.

Cause Anderson getting Son’d outside doesn’t damage UFC the brand due to his age and his final run in UFC being very unsuccessful. GSP was the undefeated MW champion of UFC in his last outing.

Anderson is completely meaningless to the ufc and worth nothing compared to GSP.

so ufc doesn’t care what happens to him. Oh and he has lost like 10 in a row or something pathetic like that.

Why are you coming after Anderson like that.

Even if you feel like GSP is the Goat it doesn’t change the fact that Anderson is one of the all time greats of this sport.

What I said was grammatically correct, you’re just lacking a basic education so you can’t comprehend it. Find me another gif to support your non existent argument, you smooth brained bitch.

The saddest part of this exchange, is that English is only my third language. And I'm rusty as hell.

Don't forget to google "how to use vindication in a sentence" before you fuck off <28>

He selfishly employed an Uber risk averse style to the detriment of the fans, only a select few fans would actually enjoy watching that, because those guys were already fans of GSP and so took vindication out of his dominant performances..
<36>

Why are you coming after Anderson like that.

Even if you feel like GSP is the Goat it doesn’t change the fact that Anderson is one of the all time greats of this sport.
tbh its just how i feel and think how the ufc feels re him as of late.

I think what happened is the UFC brass had to decide who is the real goat between the two and whoever won gets released to box. Clearly it's Anderson.

Didn’t Anderson fight out his contract?

Dana gets along better with Anderson (not as selfish/picky in his fight choices and contract terms) but more importantly Anderson completely ran his course in the UFC. He was losing every fight and well into his mid 40s. GSP was still technically a lineal belt holder (x2) when he stepped away.

Championship clause. GSP can't do shit without giving the UFC one more fight. That's why he was picking on a LW.

What is the UFCs justification in letting one former champ have their freedom but not the other?

Dana said he can tell GSP is not serious about returning to the ufc at 40 years old, so why not free him from his contract so he can box too?

Because GSP screwed over UFC when he promised he would defend MW belt if he won it but he lied. GSP obviously didnt want to fight guys like Whittaker.

Silva was always a company man and saved some cards for UFC. Dana let him go free to box

Pretty sure it is as simple as GSP has fights left on his contract.. Silva fought out his last fight and was a free agent

Because he still works for the UFC very regularly. They said no because they don't want their employee who is the face of the broadcast in french-canadian broadcast to be working with another promotion. It seems pretty simple to me.

Dana probably said you need to pick one or the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back