Why Does a Disproportionate Number of Good Fighters Come From Tiny, Isolated, Low-Population Hawaii?

There are no land locked hurricanes in hawaii.

The volcanoes on the big island are so tall that they break up all major storms.
They are water locked hurricanes. Formed from pressure of salinity levels in artic current during polarized geostorms.

They are water locked hurricanes. Formed from pressure of salinity levels in artic current during polarized geostorms.

Which still means Hawaii gets alot of rain but no hurricanes. Fascinating to watch though

I made that shit up. Have no clue what came out my mouth.

Well good on you for admitting it. I thought you were a propagandist for a moment.

Hawaii is a secret that is kept out in plain sight. It's kind of funny having been there in the thick of things, what people don't tell you. Mostly I imagine to keep it pristine for themselves

I beg to differ:
method=get&s=teila-tuli-gerard-gordeau-gif.gif

Just kidding :)

This has seemed to happen wherever cannibalism is a common practice. It tends to weed out the weak (because they become food) and so it speeds up the process of natural selection at the cost of social cohesion.
{<doc}

{<jordan}

Nice sun and great looking bananas to eat.
Also throwing down a fuck ton.

He was pretty good.

Oh, I know. I was just ribbing him. He was good, but there has to be some brain damage or possible substance abuse issues with him now. How many time does he have to lose in a row before he realizes the game is up for him? It was like he was a on a quest to lose in every way possible. He just had his first submission loss. I understand the desire for competition, but damn bro...just stop.

What's Hawaii's secret sauce?

It had MMA promotions in an era where MMA wasn't very popular in the US. Superfight/Icon was as big as a local US promotion could get(KOTC for example wasn't a local promotion it was attempting to be a major promotion with events all over the place). Similar to Iowa and the EC for example(larger population still tiny by USA standards). Also the lack of pro sports in Hawaii made MMA the biggest(or one of the biggest) tickets in town. The rest of small town USA usually has a college football team or something that's bigger.

Everywhere has racism no matter how sly the media/news outlets love to slide it under the rug. In Hawaii it's no different, but from my experiences the violence towards Haoles isn't solely based on the color of your skin it's mostly based on ones attitude they act towards the locals. Haoles from the Mainland U.S that vacation or move to Hawaii usually fit in just fine, it's a respect thing. If you go around thinkin your the shit, being a asshole and having no respect for ones culture and people your going get in a lot of altercations & fights. Hawaii has the highest interacial relationships in the U.S. In the end it's all about respect that is all.
That was my experience there and what transplant Hawaiians told me. One told me "just be yourself and you'll be fine" and I was. It was only people from the mainland who were warning me

Oh, I know. I was just ribbing him. He was good, but there has to be some brain damage or possible substance abuse issues with him now. How many time does he have to lose in a row before he realizes the game is up for him? It was like he was a on a quest to lose in every way possible. He just had his first submission loss. I understand the desire for competition, but damn bro...just stop.
Sooner or later father time sneaks up on us all...........

and blasts us in the back of the head with a skull shattering straight right hand.

Hungry to drag themselves out of a life of petty crime?

Multiple early combat athlete role models? Locals who became champs in sumo, early MMA.

I actually have the same talent, I can tell just by looking at people's posts.

Turns out you are a short, Italian man named Marco with disproportionately small feet.
You forgot that he’s really good at maths.

Polynesians, no just Hawaiians, have an exceptionnaly robust constitution due to natural selection. They are extremely well represented in combat sports and rugby.
They also have a culture of street fight and brawls.
I watched a documentary from the french legion sleection a while ago, and the applicants have to do combat test, basically figthing another applicant in a ring. The instructors were saying that polynesians were exceptionnaly gifted for combat, with a unique mix of strength, chin and toughness.

Good points.

The concept is called "Warrior Culture" as I understand it.

Most Hawaiians (not the ethnically Hawaiians) are descendants of indentured labor mostly from China, Japan, and Philippines brought to work on sugar plantations. Sugar plantations are gone. Later some of these mixed with rednecks who were exposed to Hawaii via the military. All these folks have known mostly is hard lives. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Back