Why do you think the Blackzillians aren't creating world beaters?

Well, Bendo trains with Varner or Moraga, from best guys, for example.

So IMO, it's pretty apparent that great concentration of high level fighters isn't really most important thing as far as preparing and improving those fighters goes.

Overeem, Alvarez, and Anthony Johnson are going to be champs soon. Don't know why blackzilians get so much hate

I love the Blackzillians. I feel like that is getting lost in all of this. This is more of a thread by an impassioned fan of the team that wants them to be better than they are.

I think Guillard has a lot to do with it. He's the most active Blackzilian and finished 2012 with 1-3 record.

I think Guillard has a lot to do with it. He's the most active Blackzilian and finished 2012 with 1-3 record.

I actually like Guillard, but I can't deny he chokes when he faces top competition. He gets no love around here, but I saw significant improvement in his bjj in his last fight. He even had a pretty decent armbar attempt.

Outside of Michael Johnson's recent loss to Jury, are they even losing many fights they were supposed to win?

Until Cain came around AKA didn't have any serious threats to win a title, but nobody ever questioned their legitimacy. Blackzillians will look better with time.

When you look at big names you need to look no further than those that train with the Blackzillians at Imperial Athletics. The paychecks coming from fighters that train at that camp are amongst the biggest in the sport. The sheer talent at that camp should, in theory, be producing belt holders. However, the performances coming from the Blackzillians leaves something to be desired. They are producing a mixed bag of wins and losses. The talent at the camp should be producing something much better than a mixed bag. One would think to expect greatness out of that camp, but this just isn't the case.

What is your theory?

Silk sheets?

“It’s hard to get out of bed when you’re sleeping in silk sheets with millions of dollars in your bank account, to go to a gym filled with angry men who want to punch you in the face. the challenge for a fighter is not so much the rise to the top, but the attempt to stay at the top, the world is full of people who fought hard to get to the top, but fell quickly because they couldn’t handle success.”
— John Danaher

Source:
20 minute

Last edited by a moderator:
Bingo.

Well, it is a relatively new camp.

Also, I don't think I agree with the sentiment that the Blackzillians are not doing well enough.

I mean, Spong just had his debut and won impressingly(not considering his opponent). Rashad is quality, a top fighter, Jones is just near impossible to stop atm. Overeem is one fight away from a title shot, which he very well may win. Michael Johnson has improved leaps and bounds. Rumble is improving.

They have a very strong selection of fighters. Although, that is not guaranteed to be a recipe for success, but give it some time.

Also, look at the champions(UFC) atm, they are all incredible. Being a champion in the biggest promotion in the world, which I'm guessing you are saying, is not an easy feat.

I think that the fact they are a bunch of guys who jump from camp to camp has something to do with it...

Like somebody said early this thread, what fighter have they produced? all the major camps mix new talent with stabilished fighters, not saying Blackzilians don't but these things get time to get on track...oince they start coming up with new talent and estabilished teachers who actually know the ppl they train, i think tyell start winning stuff. not that far from happening IMO

Because the fighters on that team arent good enough to be champions moving forward.

The team filled with fighters who are top 5 to 10 but have all already reached the peak of their abilities.

They have all gone as far as they will go in their divisions.

They are doing just fine. They have big name fights, of course u will win some and lose some. A Silva, GSP, and Bones are dominant and not going away anytime soon. I don't think any other camp has had success against them.

I love the Blackzillians. I feel like that is getting lost in all of this. This is more of a thread by an impassioned fan of the team that wants them to be better than they are.

They are doing fine.

I think you're expecting them to be a camp of champions or something.

Back