Why do you think Jones decision is taking so long

I've got a feeling Jon and his team don't like the suspension USADA are proposing so they haven't accepted the punishment hoping convice USADA to reconsider. Once they accept the suspension it's locked in.
MMA Fighting have said a couple of times he's not going to arbitration this time since he got the maximum penalty from them last time. If USADA aren't budging they probably don't care how long he takes to accept their verdict since he can't fight until it's sorted out anyway.

I don't think he'll get 4 years. 3 tops. Maybe only 2. And either number will include "time served".

The question is -- will DC still be around to fight him when he comes back?

dc is the one who has something to prove. not Jones..Jones has already beaten dc 2x...I just don't think dc can ever beat jones...especially now...jones is supremely confident against dc...winning a clear cut decision and a ko win.

Why do you think it is taking so long? Is Jones stalling?

Yes. He didn't find a tainted supplement nor any plausible made-up excuse, so he's fucked but doesn't want to rip the bandaid off yet. He feels more confortable in the current limbo, rather than having it set in stone that he cheated once again.

Wow, going thru that database...it's easy to see how you could still dope on USADA. They hardly test at all unless you're competing, it seems. So if you have 6 months where you're not fighting, your odds of getting caught are pretty low. Just don't dope around a scheduled fight, and bulk up when you're "idle"

The whole purpose of the testing is the fighters don't know when they'll be tested. They can be tested at any time. The fighters can't just opt out of the testing pool for 6 months at a time whenever they feel like it.

Obviously, shady stuff. If it wasn't such a big name fighter, and they were following the actual fucking rules/punishments, dude would be out a long ass time.

The UFC keeps trying to delay this ruling, keeps putting out feelers by having employees and other well-known figures talking about Jones fighting soon, rumored to be eligible to fight soon etc...trying to soften up the audience to the bullshit fuckery that is coming.

Newsflash, nobody buying this shit. Fucking dirtball should be suspended for at least 4 years.

Obviously, shady stuff. If it wasn't such a big name fighter, and they were following the actual fucking rules/punishments, dude would be out a long ass time.

The UFC keeps trying to delay this ruling, keeps putting out feelers by having employees and other well-known figures talking about Jones fighting soon, rumored to be eligible to fight soon etc...trying to soften up the audience to the bullshit fuckery that is coming.

Newsflash, nobody buying this shit. Fucking dirtball should be suspended for at least 4 years.
<JonesLaugh>

Seems like they are just buying time pretty much.

They probably sat with USADA and went like "ok, so basically, at best, you guys are going to give me 2 years, so let me try to come up with a way out of this meanwhile, since the punish is retroactive anyway"

for the same reason people create new threads instead of search for the answers in the other dozens, scores or hundreds of threads already made on the topic.

we don't know why.

and although there are a lot of good answers in the thread i'm about to link to, this one answer is pretty comprehensive. read it. if you still have questions, read other posts in the thread.

The amount of time it has taken for Jones' sentencing to be determined is not abnormal, there's precedent with other fighters for it to take this long, if not longer. Additionally, we are unaware of which party is delaying the process, so to appoint blame to USADA without evidence denotes a lack of objectivity.

His admittance of having his signature forged and lying about the USADA-mandated tutorials, in addition to lying on his supplement control form is nothing more than evidence against leniency for when USADA hands out the suspension or if the case is taken to arbitration.

Comparing Jones' number of tests to Cormier is hardly an apples to apples comparison, given that Cormier has fought twice since the Jones fight. If you compare Jones' number of tests with other pending-suspended fighters, it wouldn't look as suspicious.

If you can't think of a single reason for why it's taking so long, then you clearly haven't thought very much over it and/or are ignorant of the precedent with other cases. Jones isn't receiving a special sort of due process, there's precedent for other fighters receiving the same afforded rights.

Last edited:
No hurry. He'll beat everyone when he returns, whether it's in 2 years or 4.

It's a lot of wheelbarrows of cash, coming in from Vegas. They gotta take time to figure out what to do with it all.

He's most likely trying to find some way to discredit the test or come up with a mitigating factor. The fact it's taking so long tells me he's not able to find one.

The csac hearing was bad and they didn't present any mitigating circumstances. I mean the Barnett case took long but that was complex, Jones' case is pretty straight forward, imo. Why do you think it is taking so long? Is Jones stalling? Shady stuff happening? Some magical new evidence came out ?
everyone knows he will be suspended for a long time.
As the suspension is retroactive, there's no rush to fast track it.

No hurry. He'll beat everyone when he returns, whether it's in 2 years or 4.

There is just no way he keeps out of trouble for four years if he's put on the sideline for so long. Dude will just go ballistic. Plus imagine having to keep-up with all the hassle of random testing for four years (like having to report your daily schedule) when you are not even competing. It is a recipe for disaster.

I've got a feeling Jon and his team don't like the suspension USADA are proposing so they haven't accepted the punishment hoping convice USADA to reconsider. Once they accept the suspension it's locked in.
MMA Fighting have said a couple of times he's not going to arbitration this time since he got the maximum penalty from them last time. If USADA aren't budging they probably don't care how long he takes to accept their verdict since he can't fight until it's sorted out anyway.
Pretty much this

October...

you know, the month after september and before november.

And co-incidentally, 3 months after he tested positive which happened in july...

what part of this is so confusing for you?

Back