Why do you think Jones decision is taking so long

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
The csac hearing was bad and they didn't present any mitigating circumstances. I mean the Barnett case took long but that was complex, Jones' case is pretty straight forward, imo. Why do you think it is taking so long? Is Jones stalling? Shady stuff happening? Some magical new evidence came out ?

Apparently Fighters don't get tested while under suspension. Jones is stalling to bulk up to HW.

I have a feeling they are trying to find a way to give him a short suspension without making their organization look like a joke.

I feel like they need to give him at least 2 years but we will see what happens.

Probably figures the more time it takes the less they care

I don't think he'll get 4 years. 3 tops. Maybe only 2. And either number will include "time served".

The question is -- will DC still be around to fight him when he comes back?

They are attempting to let some time pass so people forget about it, then they’ll suddenly make the announcement that he’s cleared and the UFC will book him for a titlw shot.

Waiting for a predetermined period of time we’re the moneys right and most of it can be wrote off as time served.

I like how people are calling it corruption, despite the fact he's been suspended for a year + already. It's not like he's been competing in that time.

Until he gets his shit together he doesn't fight. It'll likely be a two year suspension.

How fitting, he finally gets tested right around the time there is talks of him possibly fighting soon if he hearing goes his way.

Yeah, I'm not saying it isn't fitting. I'm not saying it isn't shady. I have no idea what's happening.

There are dozens of cases that took this long and nothing shady was going on, but people are putting on their tin foil hats simply because Jones is the guilty party.

There's already precedent that makes predicting his suspension extremely easy:
1. Mir got two years as a first time offender for the same substance.
2. USADA doubles the suspension length for second time offenders (a la Anderson Silva getting 1 year for a tainted supplement instead of the normal 6 months).
3. Jones lied about his USADA-mandated tutorials and had his signature forged.
4. Jones lied on his supplement control form.

2 years (first time offender precedent) * Double Suspension (second time offender precedent) - 0 Leniency (lied about tutorials and supplements) = 4 years

Delusional fans ignore precedent.
Conspiracy theorists ignore that USADA makes most of its money outside of the UFC, so bribery wouldn't be worth it for them.

Last edited:
It's a slick lawyer move that those serpents use all the time - delay, delay, delay, delay...so people forget and you get what you want. As simple as that.

The csac hearing was bad and they didn't present any mitigating circumstances. I mean the Barnett case took long but that was complex, Jones' case is pretty straight forward, imo. Why do you think it is taking so long? Is Jones stalling? Shady stuff happening? Some magical new evidence came out ?

They don't know if their jurisdiction covers mental illness. It takes time to work this stuff out.

Back