Why do you text and drive?

I do short texts at red lights but never look at my phone while driving. I don't even take phone calls on Bluetooth in heavy traffic.

I hate texting. I prefer to watch YouTube videos on my way from work. It's through the woods so the only one who can die is me and/or moose.

I never text or do anything on my phone while I drive. I've got a hands free set up in my work truck but only use it if I need maps.

Phones are distracting.

Im calling bs on all the white knights saying they NEVER text and drive

Ill talk on the phone but using Hands free bluetoothed through the stereo.

It’s like talking to someone in the car while driving.

I won’t hold a phone to my ear and talk and drive and def don’t text and drive

I don't. I'm not an immature fucktard. I don't even put food into my mouth while the car is moving.

Only when In bad bad traffic
Too many dicks on the road these days gotta be sharp as fuck

Only when In bad bad traffic
Too many dicks on the road these days gotta be sharp as fuck

somewhere @Zer is drooling over all them dicks there on the road.

I wonder if there is a correlation between whether or not you believe messages need to be answered right away.

Also what do we consider text and driving? Just texting whenever you're behind the wheel of a car? Or just while driving in traffic? Something in between?

Personally I've always felt the great thing about text messaging (or similar) is it doesn't need to be real time communication (unlike phone calls) and treat it as such. So the only times I've messaged while driving would be along the lines of saying I'm outside (picking someone up) or making sure it's the right place (directions) and etc. I've never carried on a conversation while in actual traffic.

As a motorcyclist I have almost been knocked over more than a dozen times (easily) due to people texting and swerving into my lane. Fucking cunts.

One woman even took a walled, single lane exit beside me and I knocked on her window as we were level.

Ill talk on the phone but using Hands free bluetoothed through the stereo.

It’s like talking to someone in the car while driving.

I won’t hold a phone to my ear and talk and drive and def don’t text and drive

I also use the bluetooth in the car. It's a double edge sword though, what if your wife/gf is in the car with you and your mistress calls you?

If you text and drive, you're an irresponsible scumbag. This is a major problem on the road, too many narcissistic assholes can't keep their eyes on the road because they've got them glued to their screen. Thing is a lot of them are fully aware of how dangerous this is but will keep doing it anyway, fines don't seem to deter them at all.

giphy.gif

Phones are distracting.

Im calling bs on all the white knights saying they NEVER text and drive
lol, believe it or not, some of us are aware of the extreme danger and have some self-control. It's just as stupid as driving drunk.

Accidents caused by people being on their phones while driving now far out number drink driving accidents and I think it should carry a similar stigma.

In the UK now if you get caught on your phone while driving you instantly lose your licence if you passed in the last 2 years, otherwise its a £200 fine and 6 points on your licence.

I don't. Statistically driving is the most dangerous thing we do. Adding inattention to it is stupid.

I would not be able to live with myself if i hurt someone due to my actions.

Back