Why do you smoke?

yomon

Green Belt
Reaction score
this i never understood

I always see posts on here saying "Is it okay to smoke pot and train?"

Or "I only smoke occiasionaly is this okay?"

Your an aspirering athlete and you think it's okay to smoke?!

It's really come to the point of spam in the forum, please stop it's annoying. I learned in grade3 that it's bad to smoke, why can't you learn??

Drugs are bad okay? I have never smoked. Never even tasted. I guess some people want encouraging from other smokers who have been successfull.

One shalt not smoke.

Well if you havent smoked then dont try to tell people who do smoke not to ...
But the reason people smoke I beleive is 1 for the escape, when you get high its just an all around good feeling and it relaxes you.. The reason I smoke is to just relax and forget about everything that I have to do and clear my mind for abit.. It also makes things more enjoyable like movies..
Why not smoke is my question?

yomon said:
this i never understood

I always see posts on here saying "Is it okay to smoke pot and train?"

Or "I only smoke occiasionaly is this okay?"

Your an aspirering athlete and you think it's okay to smoke?!

It's really come to the point of spam in the forum, please stop it's annoying. I learned in grade3 that it's bad to smoke, why can't you learn??

I smoke because i like to get high. I am guessing you have never smoked, judging by your biased comments. The problem with TV is that for a person that has never smoked, their minds get filled with nonsense from those bullshit commercials. Kids getting ran over by stoners in the drive-thru, kids falling in swimming pools because their babysitter was smoking, people stealing their parents money to buy weed, etc. All of those commercials are absolute fucking bullshit and nobody should believe any different.

And as far as the smoking question, especially the part about smoking occasionally, It will do very little, if anything to your cardio. The fastest guy on our track team and a lot of members of our state championship wrestling team smoked weed, some of them smoked all the time. Taking 6-8 hits of weed every week or two, while it won't benefit you, will also not hurt your training too much, if at all. Smoking everyday, especially blunts, well, I can't really argue with that, because over time it will hurt your training (but still not nearly as bad as you think).

You are probably one of those people that eats doritos and fast food all the time, but criticizes others for their habit. if you train hard, and have the talent and killer instinct it takes to be a fighter, smoking will not matter, but if you are a pussy that trains and has no real talent or aggression, you could never touch alcohol or weed for your entire life and get your ass whooped senseless by a pothead.

Bottom line, don't criticize other people and their choices just because you haven't tried it, because you know absolutely nothing about it, and just have you're biased opinion. If you don't smoke and never plan to, good for you, but it doesn't make you a better fighter/person/athlete/student/anything than somebody who smokes all the time. For example, Carmello Anthony, Ricky Williams, Sakuraba, and many other professional athletes smoke, but when it comes down to what actually matters, on field/in ring performance, they step it up.

SwiftMcvay said:
I smoke because i like to get high. I am guessing you have never smoked, judging by your biased comments. The problem with TV is that for a person that has never smoked, their minds get filled with nonsense from those bullshit commercials. Kids getting ran over by stoners in the drive-thru, kids falling in swimming pools because their babysitter was smoking, people stealing their parents money to buy weed, etc. All of those commercials are absolute fucking bullshit and nobody should believe any different.

And as far as the smoking question, especially the part about smoking occasionally, It will do very little, if anything to your cardio. The fastest guy on our track team and a lot of members of our state championship wrestling team smoked weed, some of them smoked all the time. Taking 6-8 hits of weed every week or two, while it won't benefit you, will also not hurt your training too much, if at all. Smoking everyday, especially blunts, well, I can't really argue with that, because over time it will hurt your training (but still not nearly as bad as you think).

You are probably one of those people that eats doritos and fast food all the time, but criticizes others for their habit. if you train hard, and have the talent and killer instinct it takes to be a fighter, smoking will not matter, but if you are a pussy that trains and has no real talent or aggression, you could never touch alcohol or weed for your entire life and get your ass whooped senseless by a pothead.

Bottom line, don't criticize other people and their choices just because you haven't tried it, because you know absolutely nothing about it, and just have you're biased opinion. If you don't smoke and never plan to, good for you, but it doesn't make you a better fighter/person/athlete/student/anything than somebody who smokes all the time. For example, Carmello Anthony, Ricky Williams, Sakuraba, and many other professional athletes smoke, but when it comes down to what actually matters, on field/in ring performance, they step it up.

word.

i smoke because i like it, simple as that.

you dont smoke because you have never tried it and someone else told you it was bad.. i like to find things out for my self and not rely on some one elses biased opinion.

A kung fu black belt told me his art of gouging the eyes was deadly.... Then he got his ass beat in a minute twenty seconds against a bjj purple belt.... some things are betetr left un challenged... you make the decision.

I smoke around a gram of weed every single day. It keeps me mellow and helps me relax. Im a huge asshole by nature and I find that pot helps to level me out. The downside to smoking this much is simply lack of motivation. I find that if I dont get high after my afternoon workout and wait until the evening I dont have much trouble at all. Just dont get high in the morning or else your shot for the day and may as well go back to bed.

SwiftMcvay said:

Amen brother.. Plus you can always look into a volcano vaporizer if you want to smoke, and still want to breathe..

what causes the intoxication in weed?

isn't it the depravation of oxygen to the brain? Don't get me wrong driniking does the same thing, but i would like to limit my loss of brain cells.

aslo being cool or anxiety is hardly an excusse to take drugs in my opinion, it's just weakness. It says to me "I can't handle life straight up!"

yomon said:

isn't it the depravation of oxygen to the brain? Don't get me wrong driniking does the same thing, but i would like to limit my loss of brain cells.
woh... no, drinking and smoking do not limit oxygen to the brain any more than a multivitamin. Sure the smoke itself isn't good for lung function, but the asphixiation isn't enough to really be felt at all. THC is a psychoactive chemical present in cannibis and alchohol is another beast altogether. See? this is why people criticise this shit, they don't have the first fucking clue as to how any of it works. Bunch of Junior college geniuses in here.

On a side note, recent evidence suggests that THC may not actually kill brian cells but instead makes them dormant. They may actually become active and fully functional again during periods of extended sobriety.

i myself am not a smoker and will never be (due to obvious illegal reasons, which i still don't know why it's illegla) but i agree to most people on here saying it's a way to relax and fade from life-Tobacco is legal and is something i'd rather not be around since it can kill.
I understand why people actually drink and smoke pot and IMO it's entirely true.
-Jon

yomon said:

aslo being cool or anxiety is hardly an excusse to take drugs in my opinion, it's just weakness. It says to me "I can't handle life straight up!"

lol....

Alcohal is way worse for training than weed.

yomon said:

THC crystalllsssss....i think alcohol damages the brain no?
-Jon

Urban said:
woh... no, drinking and smoking do not limit oxygen to the brain any more than a multivitamin. Sure the smoke itself isn't good for lung function, but the asphixiation isn't enough to really be felt at all. THC is a psychoactive chemical present in cannibis and alchohol is another beast altogether. See? this is why people criticise this shit, they don't have the first fucking clue as to how any of it works. Bunch of Junior college geniuses in here.

On a side note, recent evidence suggests that THC may not actually kill brian cells but instead makes them dormant. They may actually become active and fully functional again during periods of extended sobriety.
you know your stuff :)
-Jon

That response of don't knock it till you try it is nonsense. It is adictive and harmful. If you try it, it may be hard to stop. It is proven that these things are unhealthy- smoking anything, drinking too much alcohol. I am perfectly capable of saying this without having ever tried any of them.

I don't smoke or drink for a few reasons:

1) They are unhealthy. You can debate how unhealthy, but we can all agree that they are unhealthy (alcohol in moderation isn't that bad I suppose).

2) They are addictive. I do not want as few dependencies (pot is a dependency and not an adiction I ahve heard) or addictions as possible. They control your life and can get expensive.

3) There is no benefit at all for me for smoking. I do not need to mellow or be nicer as some people have said in this thread. This may be true for them, but if I get any more relaxed I will slip into a coma. THere is no mood enhancement or performance enhancement so I don't see the need.

4) I do not like the idea of changing my mental state or personality using drugs, as in what happens when you get drunk or high or smoke a cig or take an aspirin. Yeah, take an aspirin. I only take pain medication for swelling or to bring down a bad fever, not for pain. I don't like change and I don't like drugs. I like to be me.

5) In the case of pot, it is ileagal and smoking it will incur legal risks I am certainly not willing to take for no perceived benefit (assuming I wanted to).

6) I have known guys who started smoking or drinking a lot. I knew them before and saw the change that happened to them afterwards. I did not like what I saw and instead of ruining my life, I can learn from there substance abuse mistakes and not smoke myself stupid every single night. Maybe you don't see the diference if you are too far into it, but I definitly saw the diference by looking at some of these guys who took it way too far.

7) I hate how people ask when they are drunk or high and never want to be like that. First year living at college when all the new freshmen who had never been away from home before drank a lot just ebcause they could - that extreme case was enough to turn me off.

8) For a number eight, it is similar to number 4. I do not want to escape. I want to live my life and be here for every waking moment. If I want to escape sometime, I will do it permanantly and won't come back (swimming the atlantic, eating a bullet, slitting my wrists) but I cannot imagie a scenario right now in my life where I would want to do that. I don't want to escape.

it's not don't knock it until you try it, it's shut the fuck up and leave the potheads alone. It's their fucking body, they know what they're doing to it, and they obviously don't care. Same thing with drinkers. I don't smoke, and I don't drink often, but I don't feel as though it's my right to sit around and criticise those who do, leave them the fuck alone, ESPECIALLY since most people who have never smoked or drank don't know what the FUCK they're talking about.

FYI, pot is about as addictive as caffiene. Anyone here drink coffee or tea? Shut the fuck up then.

Again, it's not don't knock it until you try it, it's don't knock it cause you don't have a FUCKING CLUE what it's like, what its about, how it feels, how it impairs training, or ANYTHING unless you've done it. Leave the potheads alone, they don't have a problem with you, why do you have a problem with them?

Back