Why do YOU hate Conor?

Dont understand the man love for him, I'm in the UK, he's know but not even close to a household name, and he has been pretty much protected on his run to the title bout.
He can only beat whats put in front of him I suppose. He's loud, brash, cocky, rude, and does not seem to respect anyone. Whether this is part of the Notorious fa

What's not to like? All but 1 finish in the UFC and he's interesting.

I probably couldn't stand being around him if he acts anything like that when the cameras are off, but he has consistently put on great/exciting fights.

I don't hate him he just hasn't done anything to be excited about

I like him as a fighter

If he wasn't so hyped he would probably have to face Swanson next in order to get a title shot. No way would the UFC match him up against Lamas/Mendes/Edgar. They recently fought for the title and present a new challenge to Connor that he may or may not be able to deal with.

Why should he have to fight Lamas/Mendes/Edgar ? Its not like any of them had to fight each other before they got their title shot.

Ufc needs more personality, more grudges. He reminds me of Prince hamed in boxing (who eventually had his soul repossessed in the ring). He is not my cup of tea but whatever. We need stories, like pride had. And not the kind where our goats retire because of psych issues.

I wouldnt call myself a fan but im enjoying the show... if he wins he will say some funny things and make alot of people mad in the process, if he looses he has to eat his words. Glad to have him around.

I probably couldn't stand being around him if he acts anything like that when the cameras are off, but he has consistently put on great/exciting fights.

Yeh, I don't go for the arrogance and bragadocious (sp) stuff, but I assume it's schtick, and he's not really like that in real life (without a camera on him or a fight to promote).

I don't really care too much about the out of ring stuff frankly. It is funny to watch people lose their shit over what he says though.

Dont mind conor.Great fighter, But his troll fans kill it. He rants about himself enough on his own, let alone with everyone on sherdog referring to him as MCGOAT and spouting connor bless. It actually burns you out to his shenanigans seeing him talk shit all the time then coming on here and seeing people talk more shit for him kinda like when dave chapelle did the rick james thing and EVERYONE kept repeating "im rick james bitch!" to the point where even he wished he never made that episode..when mcgrefor finally loses and his troll fans jump ship and only his serious fanbase remains then we can start discussing him seriously, Untill then he's such a caustic subject any serious mention of him will draw legions of both trolling fans and Haters, just not worth it.

I like his fighting , can't stand the guy's antics. Has he done enough to earn a title shot ? Yes , Edgar already had his and he didn't have to fight anyone at FW to earn thst one the first time so I have no issues with him waiting.

I'm not sure how any mma fan could hate him. He makes this sport fun.

I don't hate him, he's fine and a good fighter, but his fans are mostly retards.

loudmouth
thinks he's intelligent, but isn't
thinks he's #1p4p although he is only top4 in his division
retarded fans
accent
Tries to say smart things, but fails every time and his stuttering doesn't help

Dear lord... Conor is just selling the fight people... the trash talk, the bravado, the arrogance... its all to get people INTERESTED in the fight. You'd think people on sherdog would be able to see through the bs hype people do to sell a fight after "years" of being fans, but apparently not. Everybody in the fight game understands this, and any fighters who hate on him are just jealous of the attention he gets.

i dont hate him at all, i can see some of the antics annoying people alright, but i would suggest looking up the interview Ariel Helwani did with him in Dublin and you get to see a much less brash Conor. He has attracted a lot of new fans here in Ireland which is not all good as most of them a re Conor fans not mma fans. They will act like fools trying to copy him, the amount of copy cat haircuts and beards that appeared this year is unbelievable, and every 18 year old word a blue fitted suit and bow tie to their grad party (equivalent of the prom). So to summarize, i do hate a lot of the new fans (see the Aldo q&a) but cant hate a very talented fighter with single minded ambition and determination.

Back