Why do you dislike McGregor?

I think a lot of people get annoyed with how overrated he gets. He's really good no doubt, but he's only got two good wins. One against a 2 week camp Mendes, and another a 13 second KO which didn't show us a whole lot about his skills other than he's big for the weight class, has amazing timing and ability to see openings, and big power.

Only fighters I don't like is cheaters and quitters. They can talk all the shit they want or not but what they do inside ring/cage is all I care about. Conor still seems unproven to me and I think he gets molested by RDA but if he wins I'll never bet against him again lol.

Conor acts like a bully, probably because he was bullied. At least I hope so. That shit can't be natural.
But enough pseudo-psychology.

His weird little fans here make weird threads about him, and way too many of them. Some are trolling, some are gushing.
The "moderators" here let them do it, because it's good for business. Love and hate. Ying and fucking yang.
Fuck Conor BTW.
emperor-palpatine.jpg

What on earth are you talking about?

Unless your Dana or Lorenzo or a part of ZUFFA corporate why as a fan of fighting do I give fuck who's making the company money? Just put on good fights is my only concern. Now if it was a publicly traded company and I a investor different story then.

It's okay bro, I understand how hard it must be. Hope you don't get banned this time. Connor bless you.
If I am, I'll be back in like, 0.2 seconds, lol.

Connnnnnnnnnnnnor bless your little heart too.

I love Connor but I HATE the kind of fans he tends to attracts. People that only watch Conor fight, knows nothing about the sport, and proclaims he the best fighter ever. The worst part about it is that they tend to be the vocal minority. It is rare to find an MMA discussion that doesn't include the token comment about Conor. When that is all you know, that is all you talk about.

Most of the people who like Conor are MMA buffs but unfortunately we have been drowned by the vocal minority who are living their life through Conor.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, once Connor looses they will stop following him. Its kinda sad because I find myself wanting him to be defeated so they would leave us alone.

Got nothing against him, but it bothers me seeing men nut hugging anyone, even if it's myself. It's disgusting.

I don't dislike Conor.

I dislike posters who think their entire existence on Sherdog or knowledge of MMA rests on the outcome of a fight.

You know you're gotten to and maximum rustled when you resort to name dropping multiple usernames that you don't like and make a thread about it. Hahaha. And I was first! God, I feel special. Thanks TS! Ya killer you.

Maybe not you, maybe it is you, but a lot of people here don't like that more people will pay to watch Conor than to watch their favourite fighter.

I've read this highlighted portion like 6x and it still makes no sort of sense? My favorite fighter is my favorite for whatever reason why do I care if more people would pay to Conor? I don't pay for ppv's anyway I'd rather watch with friends at a bar or have a chip in session a few friends chip in for the event whatever is left it's beer, booze, & pot for those who partake.

Because he's not a hot, naked woman. You see, I like hot, naked women.

I don't dislike the guy, but I do find him to be fake.

I remember first noticing it when he fought Siver, he ate a few leg kicks and grimaced every time he got hit. It looked like it was hurting him like hell and he kept flinching. One of the first things he said post fight was 'Siver is supposed to have hard leg kicks and it didn't hurt at all'. I thought "Hmm interesting, he's using deflection to cover up his weaknesses, and trying to put off future opponents from doing it to him again". I thought 'great plan' at first. Then, I seen the early fights he had where he tapped out quickly. It was strange to me as I had always heard him bang on about 'mental toughness and being mentally bullet proof'. I thought again "ah it's that deflection again so people don't notice his mental weakness". Finally, I noticed his stance was very Nick Diaz like in that his limbs stay very stiff and he only moves his head, not his waist and that he bounces back and forward too much in the same stiff knee'd crouching stance. All of a sudden he started saying things like 'I see stiffness in my opponents', and he started working with Ido Portal. Finally, he admitted to walking the streets of Dublin as a teen, scared, and carrying a dumbell in his bag at all times. He then went on to call other people cowards and pussies. More deflection.

At first I thought 'Ah thats his game plan, to recognise his own weaknesses, work on them, all the while covering them up with deflection so his future opponents don't notice them'.

That was all fine with me, until recently. Recently I started to feel that he actually buys the shit that comes out his mouth and it is no longer just a gameplan. He's moved from being a likeable
Chael Sonnen, to a dickish Honda Housey. Because of such, if he loses to RDA and Frankie, he's going to go from 10 million a fight to 200k to show and 200k bonus. Maybe i'm wrong...

I don't dislike the guy, but I do find him to be fake.

I remember first noticing it when he fought Siver, he ate a few leg kicks and grimaced every time he got hit. It looked like it was hurting him like hell and he kept flinching. One of the first things he said post fight was 'Siver is supposed to have hard leg kicks and it didn't hurt at all'. I thought "Hmm interesting, he's using deflection to cover up his weaknesses, and trying to put off future opponents from doing it to him again". I thought 'great plan' at first. Then, I seen the early fights he had where he tapped out quickly. It was strange to me as I had always heard him bang on about 'mental toughness and being mentally bullet proof'. I thought again "ah it's that deflection again so people don't notice his mental weakness". Finally, I noticed his stance was very Nick Diaz like in that his limbs stay very stiff and he only moves his head, not his waist and that he bounces back and forward too much in the same stiff knee'd crouching stance. All of a sudden he started saying things like 'I see stiffness in my opponents', and he started working with Ido Portal. Finally, he admitted to walking the streets of Dublin as a teen, scared, and carrying a dumbell in his bag at all times. He then went on to call other people cowards and pussies. More deflection.

At first I thought 'Ah thats his game plan, to recognise his own weaknesses, work on them, all the while covering them up with deflection so his future opponents don't notice them'.

That was all fine with me, until recently. Recently I started to feel that he actually buys the shit that comes out his mouth and it is no longer just a gameplan. He's moved from being a likeable
Chael Sonnen, to a dickish Honda Housey. Because of such, if he loses to RDA and Frankie, he's going to go from 10 million a fight to 200k to show and 200k bonus. Maybe i'm wrong...
Very interesting analysis. I'd have to go look at his reactions to Siver's kicks but I wouldn't find it hard to believe he's deflecting. One thing I definitely agree on is that I really think he believes this stuff without question. Whatever he says he makes himself believe and I believe that's one of the chief skills of a visionary. A skill most of us are pretty weak at.

Conor is one of the most discussed things on Sherdog obviously. Do you dislike him because of the persona or him beating the top guy. Or is it in my case his fans. Posters like FacePlanter, 13seconds, Head Clean Off etc...
I have mad respect towards him but like I was saying his fans make me want to see RDA molest him.
Please add to the topic!
It is human nature to want to see someone who claims to know the absolute truth, to be proven absolutely wrong. But what gets you more enjoyment. Seeing a fighter perform brilliantly during his/her reign or schadenfreude for anonymous posters on sherdog.

when he first came on the scene he was like irish mickey from snatch.now he`s just a plastic irishman

I don't like him because he is popular and I'm not
I don't like him because he is the GOAT and I'm the WOAT
I don't like him because he defeated the previous GOAT in 13 secs.
^Sherdog.

Back