Why do WWE limit their wrestlers?

STRYDG

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
About 3 years ago a friend told me we should watch an NXT War Games PPV, wasn't that keen as I had basically given up on wrestling but fuck me it was awesome. It turned me on to NXT, every Takeover PPV was great and once the proper show started I tuned in weekly.

Now seeing many of these NXT super stars move over to the main brands it just makes me sad. They instantly loose 50% of their moveset and turns into your usual same old WWE match. Let's not mention how they also bury stars and angles etc too. So why do they work with such a limited movesets? Are they allowed more creative freedom in NXT and less scripted writer nonsense?

Take this for example, that's Cesaro. Skip the first minute if you want to get right too it.

But is that seriously the answer, cos most of Vinces big sweaty muscle men can barely perform?

Because you do that shit once on TV people will expect you to do it every match and if the shit is taxing on your body.....you're fucked if you cram 50 lbs of shit in a 10 lb bag.

Not to mention the house show schedules they had.....and will likely go back to when this pandemic is finally behind us.

I think what has killed wrestling is everyone having to get in their 15 signature moves every match. and of course finishers are not finishers anymore. they think that because you never really know when a match will end, it is better. but i liked when jake hit the ddt the match was over. i liked that he didnt hit it every match. that made it more special and built up the anticipation.

i hate that i have to hear roman reigns called the head of the table 50 times a night. or randy orton is the apex predator.

So no one will ever get over enough to go on their own without needing the WWE machine or make a difference by taking fans with them to other promotions . Cena is the last actual superstar you’ll ever see in WWE.
They’ve spent the last 20 years making sure that no one will ever pull a Hogan to WCW move on them.

Take this for example, that's Cesaro. Skip the first minute if you want to get right too it.

But is that seriously the answer, cos most of Vinces big sweaty muscle men can barely perform?

There are pretty much no big sweaty muscle men left. And most of them work quite well.

Longevity, schedule, and larger bodies. Imo.

Keith Lee biggest guy in NXT, not even as tall as Drew McIntyre if irc, and notice they actually took some chances in some of their matches on mainbrand television. In reality they are probably taking more chances than they should in WWE all considering schedules and fans/viewers being critical of matches showing how spoiled and desensitized they are from they risks displayed throughout years

So no one will ever get over enough to go on their own without needing the WWE machine or make a difference by taking fans with them to other promotions . Cena is the last actual superstar you’ll ever see in WWE.
They’ve spent the last 20 years making sure that no one will ever pull a Hogan to WCW move on them.
Brock was the last straw. They had the whole company on the line for him and then he up and bolted. Vince is never going to let that happen again. No wrestler can now be bigger than the company. Cena only did because he was a die hard company guy from day 1 who was going to pull the cart for years before leaving

Because you do that shit once on TV people will expect you to do it every match and if the shit is taxing on your body.....you're fucked if you cram 50 lbs of shit in a 10 lb bag.

Not to mention the house show schedules they had.....and will likely go back to when this pandemic is finally behind us.

Rasslin is a case study in the law of diminishing returns.

Rasslin is a case study in the law of diminishing returns.
You still have Chris Jericho still doing his lionsault even though he's almost landed on his head a few times just this year.

Can't have everyone ending up like Hayabusa

You still have Chris Jericho still doing his lionsault even though he's almost landed on his head a few times just this year.

Every time Chris does that I'm afraid history will repeat itself

His gut is almost big enough to cover his head like a football helmet. Give it a couple more weeks and he'll have a built in crash pad.

Dont get me wrong. I dont want guys using crazy moves frequently but just know they are capable of more even if its safer things. Understand the point of everyone kicking out of finishers now. What I like with NXT too is you dont know who will win where as main brands it can become so obvious.

eh, these lightweight indy guys all end up injured because they insist on doing these dumb ass moves that aren't necessary every match. diving out of the ring, 450 splashes, springboard shit etc. has no meaning if job guys and lower card guys are doing the moves.

i dont think its a surprise that guys that are 5'8 180 pounds are ending up injured because of the moves they are doing. you dont say? lol

with their small size they just aren't durable enough to do that performance every single show. they need to tone it down

Back