Why do wrestlers/grapplers get told to stand and bang?

TheChosenOne

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To prove they have nuts meanwhile the striker is never obliged to initiate the wrestling/grappling to prove they have balls?

Hypocrisy 101 especially considering the fights always start standing and after each round.

For example Khabib tested his stand up against Conrat in round 3 but I didn't see Conrat testing his ground game with Khabib.

Solely for entertainment value. It's not that deep.

Oh and I forgot ....
images.jpeg.jpg

Attachments

• images.jpeg.jpg
    images.jpeg.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 1
Solely for entertainment value. It's not that deep.

This ^

I'd say 95% of MMA fans would rather see this:
059_Robbie_Lawler_vs_Rory_MacDonald.0.0.jpg

Than this:
112_Tyron_Woodley_x_Kamaru_Usman.0.jpg

Wrestling is fun to watch when guys try to do damage from top, not when they blanket for 25 minutes straight

The casual fan is often calling grapplers pussies for not standing and some strikers in Conor's case also follow this narrative. It needs to be called out and stamped upon.

The casual fan is often calling grapplers pussies for not standing and some strikers in Conor's case also follow this narrative. It needs to be called out and stamped upon.
Key words "casual fans". As far as fighters go they are competitors who will say anything for an "edge" on their opponent.

It goes the other way around as well. When a a striker is dominant usually both hardcores and casuals will say their grappling is untested even if that isn't true.

Conor tested his ground game for 3 rounds....

He failed the entire test. He failed so bad he didnt even spell him name correctly.

To prove they have nuts meanwhile the striker is never obliged to initiate the wrestling/grappling to prove they have balls?

Hypocrisy 101 especially considering the fights always start standing and after each round.

For example Khabib tested his stand up against Conrat in round 3 but I didn't see Conrat testing his ground game with Khabib.
mma fans are in great % idiots and not actual mma fans

who rule the business is doing everything to have show/spectacle fans instead actual sport fans as the main target too

You're not getting any $50k bonuses from lay and pray and ground and pound. Unless you're the main or co-main (or a HW) you're probably not getting paid $50k per fight in the UFC.
If Usman was knocking guys out he'd have got a title shot long before he actually did.

This ^

Than this:

Wrestling is fun to watch when guys try to do damage from top, not when they blanket for 25 minutes straight

You can make the same criticism about striking, though; it's fun when they try to do damage, but not when they circle away all night, feint, feint, feint jab, and barely engage.

Last edited:
Because for most civilisations this is how men fight

This ^

Than this:

Woodley looks legit hypnotized

Super weird fight from him

Khabib wasn't successful on all his takedowns and by that round Conor was so tired he had less snap in his punches. It was a smart play by Khabib to give himself some time to recover as Conors stand up wasn't nearly as dangerous to Khabib as everyone was predicting. Lot of grappling styles develop strong lower bodies so many develop punching power and once they start getting accustomed to knocking their opponents out it's much easier than grinding a fight out for 15 minutes. Plus they can always resort to it if things become desperate...doesn't work the other way around with a striker becoming a wrestler, unless you're a freak like GSP.

who says grapplers must stand and bang? maybe some of us hope for it but demand it? nah fam

Back