Why do we old school fans love the Diaz broz?

Their fights are almost always exciting, and their "act" isn't an act at all. It's just who they are. Nick's run in Strikeforce was a lot of fun to watch.

Leon seems to have a concentration/cardio issue. In the last round of his last 4 (excluding Belal) he seems to find himself in more trouble comparative to the reset of the fight.

On the flip side, if he and big bro were fighting ten rounders, they would likely be undefeated. Their zombie mode engages in the champ rounds.

Just sayin.

So all you're saying is that we have to drastically alter the rules to literally double the number of rounds, and both Diaz brothers are Dbl Champs; right?

I wonder what the 165lb GOAT Kevin Lee has to say about this.

he dropped the ball giving Leon 8 seconds of pointing and the middle finger to recover.

If he pounced immediately and actually finished Leon that might have been the greatest moment of his career right next to choking out Conor

I don't understand people who hate Nate. He might have that edgy teen gangsta personality but you can definitely tell it's not fake gimmick and that's who he is. Absolute live dog, comes to fight everytime and is exciting fighter win or lose. Also he is unintentionally hilarious person

War Diaz bros

Why should people like an unlikable, embarrassing immature personality just because its genuine and not fake?

I am not a big fan of either Diaz brother, but damn they are fun to watch! I was hoping Nate would win this one and finally get a title shot, but it wasn't meant to be. I doubt Nate could beat Usman, but it would have drawn a hell of a PPV crowd!

Diaz fans are in a cult at this point you don’t see fans in other sports celebrating like they’re team won because they almost came back at the last minute of the game and still lost lol

Don't speak for us all. I can't stand the Diaz brothers and think they're incredibly overrated.

You only like whoever is popular and who will get you likes

Because they don't really give a fuck, they seem to just enjoy being in there and I think that reflects onto fans.

They're one of the few things still relevant from the early 2000s that I think MMA fans resonate with. They're almost the epitome of nostalgia for anyone watching mid 2000s onwards.
Nate might have a different opinion on it but nick was always open about disliking fighting. He just did it because he was good at it and nothing else has that kind of pay potential for him. Likely why he's been inactive most of his 30s

I'll tell you why.

Last nights fight epitomized why.

Nate, as usual, getting embarrassed. Round after round.

Entire head carved nicely, flayed open like a prime rib roast. Courtesy of Leon hellbows on the ground.

Not checking a single focking leg kick, till round 4. When he FiNALLY plants a knee into Edwards shin, and then laughs and points at it, saying, "That shit hurt homie, didn't it?"

No more leg kicks. Joe Hogan crying about it. "Why did he stop his leg kicks?!?"

ZOMBIE mode kicks in.

Nate is swimming, FREE STROKING through the pool of blood gushing out of his dome, non-stop, at Edwards.

FINALLY catches him in the 5th with a pin-point, laser straight left on the button, putting Edwards on stanky legs.

Goes FULL TARD, pointing at him and laughing, Lands a barrage of zombie apocalyptic follow ups in between taunts, only to see it slip away yet again.

BUT - Listen to the CROWD. Were they NOT SATISFIED? They are ROARING.

Diaz bros, even if you hate them, are pure just bleed warriors. Not much skills, but pure FIGHTERS.

THAT is what we fans always appreciate, even if they will never touch the belt.
tenor.gif

8rWSPVW.gif
you're a good writer man

Nate might have a different opinion on it but nick was always open about disliking fighting. He just did it because he was good at it and nothing else has that kind of pay potential for him. Likely why he's been inactive most of his 30s

Yeah, to clarify I think they dislike the actual fight business, the politics of it all etc, they may not enjoy the idea of actual fighting but it's hard to believe that when they're in there. I think once they're in there and that adrenaline hits I think it's a different story for them personally.

Nick and Nate would be the only ones to really know that though I guess, Like Nate seemed to be having fun Saturday from what I saw.

pure fighter my ass
nick is the good one, nate is just an average fighter with a damn good cardio and a strong chin

Back