Why do we old school fans love the Diaz broz?

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
I'll tell you why.

Last nights fight epitomized why.

Nate, as usual, getting embarrassed. Round after round.

Entire head carved nicely, flayed open like a prime rib roast. Courtesy of Leon hellbows on the ground.

Not checking a single focking leg kick, till round 4. When he FiNALLY plants a knee into Edwards shin, and then laughs and points at it, saying, "That shit hurt homie, didn't it?"

No more leg kicks. Joe Hogan crying about it. "Why did he stop his leg kicks?!?"

ZOMBIE mode kicks in.

Nate is swimming, FREE STROKING through the pool of blood gushing out of his dome, non-stop, at Edwards.

FINALLY catches him in the 5th with a pin-point, laser straight left on the button, putting Edwards on stanky legs.

Goes FULL TARD, pointing at him and laughing, Lands a barrage of zombie apocalyptic follow ups in between taunts, only to see it slip away yet again.

BUT - Listen to the CROWD. Were they NOT SATISFIED? They are ROARING.

Diaz bros, even if you hate them, are pure just bleed warriors. Not much skills, but pure FIGHTERS.

THAT is what we fans always appreciate, even if they will never touch the belt.
tenor.gif

8rWSPVW.gif

Last edited:
Nate Diaz would be even more lovable if he didn't take 3 rounds of CTE inducing punishment before finally doing something every fight

This dude would be a sub .500 fighter if all he fought were 3 rounders

On the flip side, if he and big bro were fighting ten rounders, they would likely be undefeated. Their zombie mode engages in the champ rounds.

Just sayin.

I don't understand people who hate Nate. He might have that edgy teen gangsta personality but you can definitely tell it's not fake gimmick and that's who he is. Absolute live dog, comes to fight everytime and is exciting fighter win or lose. Also he is unintentionally hilarious person

War Diaz bros

Because they don't really give a fuck, they seem to just enjoy being in there and I think that reflects onto fans.

They're one of the few things still relevant from the early 2000s that I think MMA fans resonate with. They're almost the epitome of nostalgia for anyone watching mid 2000s onwards.

I'll tell you why.

Last nights fight epitomized why.

Nate, as usual, getting embarrassed. Round after round

Entire head carved nicely, flayed open like a prime rib roast. Curtesy of Leon hellbows on the ground.

Not checking a single leg kick, till round 4. When he FiNALLY plants a knee into Edwards shin, and then laughs and points at it, saying, "That shit hurt homie, didn't it?" No more leg kicks.

ZOMBIE mode kicks in.

Nate is swimming, FREE STROKING through the pool of blood gushing out of his dome, non-stop at Edwards.

FINALLY catches him in the 5th with a pin-point, laser straight left on the button, putting Edwards on stanky legs.

Goes FULL TARD, pointing at him and laughing, Lands a barrage of zombie apocalyptic follow ups in between taunts, only to see it slip away yet again.

BUT - Listen to the CROWD. Were they NOT SATISFIED? They are ROARING.

Diaz bros, even if you hate them, are pure just bleed warriors. Not much skills, but pure FIGHTERS.

THAT is what we fans always appreciate, even if they will never touch the belt.
tenor.gif

8rWSPVW.gif

Honestly at this point their following is more of a vintage thing than anything else.

If an unknown fighter pulled that shit he would be cut. Taunts don t work well when you are getting bled for 4 rounds.

I am a vocal Diaz hater but I will admit that I will always be excited when they fight though. They are unkillable zombies and always bring it.

Nate is a straight up savage, bitch slap then a punch to the jaw. Classic Diaz, always gives us great memories.

I was thinking about this yesterday. Maybe it's not as dumb as it looks. The "jab slap" distracts and covers more distance than any possible hook, opening the apanyent very well for the cross.

What looks like some typical Diaz bullshit could be more than that...

On the flip side, if he and big bro were fighting ten rounders, they would likely be undefeated. Their zombie mode engages in the champ rounds.

Just sayin.

Yeah but they fight 5 rounds, and given their tampon record it is pretty clear that they are doing it wrong.

I was thinking about this yesterday. Maybe it's not as dumb as it looks. The "jab slap" distracts and covers more distance than any possible hook, opening the apanyent very well for the cross.

What looks like some typical Diaz bullshit could be more than that...
Well it clearly works, so I wold say its legit, and humiliating.

with ya on the appreciation part, but gotta part company on the "not much skills" part- just because it aint pretty, don't mean theres no skill there homey

Fair enough.

Mainly talking about their lack of wrestling and leg kicking defense and offense.

Both dudes have legit boxing and jitz skills.

and the dudes been in the game a loooong time as far as usual fighter longevity goes- and hes still taking #3 ranked guys the distance (and almost finishing) at a higher weight class than he fought most of his career at- its cool to see him get love after all the shitting on him that I see here- yeah he carries himself in a way that I get people don't like, but as a fighter hes the shit- then again I was a n.c.f.a. guy so I suppose im biased

Definitely agree. I was a huge nick diaz fan back when he starched robbie....was always frustrating watching him get out pointed because you knew he would win if there was no time limit.

Nate is a straight up savage, bitch slap then a punch to the jaw. Classic Diaz, always gives us great memories.

Damn. Leon was so out of it. Both legs squared, staggering back slowly while shaking, hands down, eyes flicking... Definition of "out on his feet".

One more shot would've def sat him down in that moment.

Back