Why do we need to keep track of our ages?

Bay Area

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
It seems to me when we keep track of our age, counting the years and whatnot, our minds make adjustments to our behaviors. For example, let's say I am 60 years old, and I am aware that I am 60. So I start to behave like a 60 year old. Cant do all of the things I did in my early 40s. My voice becomes strained, I start to walk a little slower, I rest more often, read more, stay in doors, all because I told my mind that I am a senior citizen.

But I could easily tell myself that I am 40 and believe it to my core. I am willing to bet I would be out doors more, be more active, have a great sex life, possibly even start to look younger. When someone asks me how old I am, I will tell them in all seriousness that I am 40. My whole perspective will change.

It just seems that when we count the years, we are counting down to our deaths, and we act accordingly. We all have our age number lurking somewhere in the back of our minds. Why not completely erase it? Or subtract 10 years of off it? Why count down to our own demise?

I feel like if we didn't, no one would grow the hell up and take on the necessary responsibilities they'll need to cover in order to survive at the later age.

..also, no one over 36 should be rapping.

Once you set regulations on such privileges as driving and purchasing alcohol, etc. it makes it kind of hard to stop keeping track of ones age.

I feel like if we didn't, no one would grow the hell up and take on the necessary responsibilities they'll need to cover in order to survive at the later age.

..also, no one over 36 should be rapping.

lol

I'm pretty sure Jay-Z didn't start rapping until he was 36.

Edit: I was way off, he was born in 1969 and Reasonable Doubt was released in 1996.

Age is another tool in the Illuminati's arsenal of oppression.

Helps us with guidelines regarding health, time, and events occurred.

Why do we keep track of our age? So we can make numbers on our bacon.

GpssCEs3moqf4EbzgaRgPAGlx4Qjk3TLAMQjhrYGAZr-TnSmhXE72wM_9uN4AIEZ_3k9DdBhgmB7mY7tx0UpE_MZqOLAF0AVNFUG5NumKPVj2_iUsqw

When I hit 60, I was still doing most of the things I did in my 20s. I don't think the slowing down comes from knowing how old you are but from being old. My dog just turned 10 in June and he used to jump into the back of my pickup with ease. Now I have to lift him in and he won't even jump down. I doubt that he knows how old he is.

When I hit 60, I was still doing most of the things I did in my 20s. I don't think the slowing down comes from knowing how old you are but from being old. My dog just turned 10 in June and he used to jump into the back of my pickup with ease. Now I have to lift him in and he won't even jump down. I doubt that he knows how old he is.

How old are you?
Do we know who the oldest sherdogger is?

It seems to me when we keep track of our age, counting the years and whatnot, our minds make adjustments to our behaviors. For example, let's say I am 60 years old, and I am aware that I am 60. So I start to behave like a 60 year old. Cant do all of the things I did in my early 40s. My voice becomes strained, I start to walk a little slower, I rest more often, read more, stay in doors, all because I told my mind that I am a senior citizen.

But I could easily tell myself that I am 40 and believe it to my core. I am willing to bet I would be out doors more, be more active, have a great sex life, possibly even start to look younger. When someone asks me how old I am, I will tell them in all seriousness that I am 40. My whole perspective will change.

It just seems that when we count the years, we are counting down to our deaths, and we act accordingly. We all have our age number lurking somewhere in the back of our minds. Why not completely erase it? Or subtract 10 years of off it? Why count down to our own demise?

If you're so caught up on something as trivial as a number that it makes such a difference in your physical life, you have serious mental issues. It doesn't matter if you're 20 or 40 or 60, it has no bearing on your ability to live to your fullest potential.

To drive, drink legally, run for president and retire.

If you're so caught up on something as trivial as a number that it makes such a difference in your physical life, you have serious mental issues. It doesn't matter if you're 20 or 40 or 60, it has no bearing on your ability to live to your fullest potential.

So much this. Age is just a number. The fact that some people decide to do things differently because of this number and not actual physical ability is crazy. I have heard some people say I'm too old to be doing that.

So much this. Age is just a number. The fact that some people decide to do things differently because of this number and not actual physical ability is crazy. I have heard some people say I'm too old to be doing that.

I hope you don't apply this type of logic across the board because it doesn't make sense. Just because my 21 year year self used to go out religiously every single weekend and smash 20 beers in a session mixed in with various other drugs, that does not necessarily mean my mid 30's self is not physically capable of doing the same.

But I am too old to be doing that shit these days.

If we didn't, I imagine I would have had sex with quite a few girls who "look" 18

I hope you don't apply this type of logic across the board because it doesn't make sense. Just because my 21 year year self used to go out religiously every single weekend and smash 20 beers in a session mixed in with various other drugs, that does not necessarily mean my mid 30's self is not physically capable of doing the same.

But I am too old to be doing that shit these days.

I do apply that logic across the board. What you are doing is no longer being an idiot. What you were doing in the past wasn't good for you to begin with... But if that is the lifestyle you choose why should age limit you? I see people in their 30's doing that shit, why should age matter if that is your idea of a good time.

I do apply that logic across the board. What you are doing is no longer being an idiot. What you were doing in the past wasn't good for you to begin with... But if that is the lifestyle you choose why should age limit you? I see people in their 30's doing that shit, why should age matter if that is your idea of a good time.

maturity. I know it's a novel concept but that is what it comes down to.

Back