Why do Thais smile when they get beaten up?

Celestial Kid

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
CK notices Thais smile when they get beaten up. He saw it when Yod fought Chicky in the first rd. He saw it when Joanna leg kicked the Thai girl. He saw it when Malaipet fought Yod. He saw it when naruepole got beaten up by Petrosyan.

[YT]3oayPiqO3HY[/YT]
^ A visual example. Why did the thai girl smile everytime she got hit?

cuz shes not a pussy like you who cries everytime

Joanna looked badass in this fight

Stopped posting here for a week and this dude is still making threads.

RIP MT subforum.

Stopped posting here for a week and this dude is still making threads.

RIP MT subforum.
As much as I love Muay Thai, CK currently breathes more life into this subforum than anyone else (not counting Anorak's and Coca's knowledgeable post of course) :icon_twis

stopped posting here for a week and this dude is still making threads.

Rip mt subforum.

มีความสุข รอยยิ้ม มวยไทย!

as much as i love muay thai, ck currently breathes more life into this subforum than anyone else (not counting anorak's and coca's knowledgeable post of course) :icon_twis

ขอขอบคุณ! :)

As much as I love Muay Thai, CK currently breathes more life into this subforum than anyone else (not counting Anorak's and Coca's knowledgeable post of course) :icon_twis

I agree. CK isnt the antagonistic prick who ruins discussions like Brock was, he is more like the subforum's trickster-jester figure.

Joanna looked badass in this fight

Yes, she is badass. Let me be Spong of my nation. :)

1280x720-qWw.jpg

The forum died when Brock left. He will always be remembered

I met my wife, while training in Muay Thai in Thailand years ago. I've been back several times since. I certainly cannot claim I know for sure why Thais smile when getting hit, but I do know they seem to smile during many, what I would consider inappropriate times based on my culture. I don't mean that in an insulting way, but in a respectful way. It may be like a nervous laugh or I believe Thais are taught to make the best of any situation or due to being taught not to demonstrate bad feelings in a bad situation. This is just based on my limited understanding of their culture. I have to say, if most Thais are like my wife, they are some serious amazing people, that are just happy to be happy. They call it "THE LAND OF THE SMILE" FOR A REASON :))

Thai (but many fighters in general) smile to show they're not hurt. Muay Thai is about showing strength and dominance. You have to look strong in the ring.

Fighters can also smile to show admiration/respect for a technique landed by the opponent.

I agree. CK isnt the antagonistic prick who ruins discussions like Brock was, he is more like the subforum's trickster-jester figure.
He's not acting like a d-bag but he's definitely trolling and it's annoying.

What the fuck is this? Why does this mother fucker writes in 3rd person?

I smile when I get hit not cuz I'm happy more like when someone suprises you and your like "why did I let that silly thing surprise me?"

Back