Why do strikers take steroids or trt?

Jimmy Jazz

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
You have anderson,belfort, and now people are accusing machida. I know grapplers often use to get that brute strenght but what advantage does it give strikers? more conditioning or explosiveness?

More swagger. Got it? Get it!

I assume it gives them more energy to train, and less recovery time, which translates to more time spent in the gym, which theoretically translates to better performance in the ring.

PED usage will improve any physical activity performance. More strength and resistance will enhance any athlete's training routine.

I assume it gives them more energy to train, and less recovery time, which translates to more time spent in the gym, which theoretically translates to better performance in the ring.
This is the cop-out from roiders who want to put emphasis on the training part. The reality is that certain steroids make you FASTER and STRONGER by default.

This is the cop-out from roiders who want to put emphasis on the training part. The reality is that certain steroids make you FASTER and STRONGER by default.

Oh I wasn't copping them out. Fuck all steroid users. I don't give a fuck what their excuse is for using it, since nothing they say is valid.

Endurance and recovery is 2 of the main reason anybody uses steroids, strength is important but bulking is for body builders

So many people use the term steroids(as in plural) yet have some simple view that it's only one specific thing and it's only objective it to make muscles bigger.

Training training training training training training

For recovery, more than anything is my guess.
I'm 43.
I can work out like I did when I was 25 but now I'm beat up for a week instead of a day. (exaggerating but true)
And I don't get the benefits I used to.
I have never considered steroids or drugs of any kind, but I'd love to go on TRT at my age.

Well, Anderson and Machida may have been using anabolic steroids to 'get younger'.
Vitor's been juicing his whole life, there are some good chances that after doing PCT his levels of testosterone never recover to what they are supposed to, so the dude's got to keep taking it otherwise he becomes Bob from the movie Fight Club

FightClub2.png

This is Bob. Bob had bitch tits.

well head trauma and red lining your body are influencing factors in low T

They use it for the same reasons barry bonds, a rod hit so many HR's, better performance

I worked with a guy that's been taking steroids for most of his teen/adult life and he was trying to convince me to take them. I asked a lot of questions and I wasn't really sure because of how adversely you hear they can affect you. He basically said, whatever attributes you have, good or bad, it will enhance those. It also shortens recovery time, so you can hit the gym harder more often.

Are you big? It'll make you bigger. Are you hairy? It'll make you hairier. Are you prone to anger? Makes you angrier. Are you fast? Makes you faster.

In the end I decided not to because he was taking other steroids to cancel out low libido. I can't imagine having to take more, just to cancel a negative side affect and potentially alter my hormones for life.

So to answer your question, I'd assume it helps a strikers explosiveness. They hit harder, faster and get to sharpen their skills more by maximizing time in the gym.

Back