Why do some sherdogers don't like prospects?

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't get it. Do you guys want all the same guys on the top fighting the same guys forever? I understand you might find annoying other sherdogers pumping this guys up on this foruns, but why do you care so much? Is it cool to be a negative person and wanting to see others lose, or is it the sensantion of telling "i told you so" after a prospect loses thats give you orgasms? Honestly i can't see how you can be a fan of this sport and at the same time be a hater of the newcomers.

Ill be honest, Ive been guilty of disliking a fighter in the past not because of a newcomer but moreso because of the hype train that sometimes follows it.

Prime example, Johnny Walker last year. I enjoyed watching him but the 10 threads a day about how hed beat Jones, I found myself pleased when Corey ended it.

Last edited:
I don't like some newcomers.

Brandon Royval is a relative newcomer, but I cant see myself rooting against him. He carries himself with a lot of humility.

Khamzat Chimaev- he made the hate list. He's too cocky and brash for my taste. I respect his skills and can't wait to see him fight (and will likely soon be paying to do so), but i am not a fan.

It's all case-by-case.

We are all still waiting for this prospect to fulfill his potential and become a champion. We put our heart and soul into supporting him, but it hasn't panned out yet, so us Sherdoggers feel burned by prospects. Fortunately he's still young, so we just have to be patient

20140204113030_erick_silva.JPG

I don't get it. Do you guys want all the same guys on the top fighti
ng the same guys forever? I understand you might find annoying other sherdogers pumping this guys up on this foruns, but why do you care so much? Is it cool to be a negative person and wanting to see others lose, or is it the sensantion of telling "i told you so" after a prospect loses thats give you orgasms? Honestly i can't see how you can be a fan of this sport and at the same time be a hater of the newcomers.

Its not that there new...

Its guys who have beaten no1 and run around saying i smesh him...give me champion tomorrow i smesh him twoo..then give me champions next day from.another weight clash i smesh him too...

Thats what we dont like....beat some people first...establish ur self...then shoot your shot...no1 likes a big mouth...

I don't like some newcomers.

Brandon Royval is a relative newcomer, but I cant see myself rooting against him. He carries himself with a lot of humility.

Khamzat Chimaev- he made the hate list. He's too cocky and brash for my taste. I respect his skills and can't wait to see him fight (and will likely soon be paying to do so), but i am not a fan.

It's all case-by-case.
So the guys can't market themselves or be confident to get your aproval? See is this hater mindset that i can't understand, i can understand someone disliking jones or mcgregor for the shit they have done, but why dislike someone simply cause they did some trash talk or are confident? This is part of the business if fighter just didn't say anything we would still be in the dark ages by now

I think they have some sort of trauma that some upcoming and unknown prospects in the past turned out to be for real, and had run through the division, beat their favorite fighters and the ones they rooted for years, and eventually surpassing them in terms of achievements and recognition. You gotta admit that is kinda sad to watch. In turn, they tend to dislike prospects and up-comers as they see them as a threat (in some way) to the fighters they root for.

So the guys can't market themselves or be confident to get your aproval? See is this hater mindset that i can't understand, i can understand someone disliking jones or mcgregor for the shit they have done, but why dislike someone simply cause they did some trash talk or are confident? This is part of the business if fighter just didn't say anything we would still be in the dark ages by now
No.

I think you're the one saying the fans "can't be themselves" here. Fighters can be themselves, present a public image, and i can freely choose whether I'd rather see him in glory or defeat. That's sports. Not all of this "hater" shit.

No.

I think you're the one saying the fans "can't be themselves" here. Fighters can be themselves, present a public image, and i can freely choose whether I'd rather see him in glory or defeat. That's sports. Not all of this "hater" shit.
You do whaterver you want, all im saying is that i can't understand this mentality

I don't get it. Do you guys want all the same guys on the top fighting the same guys forever? I understand you might find annoying other sherdogers pumping this guys up on this foruns, but why do you care so much? Is it cool to be a negative person and wanting to see others lose, or is it the sensantion of telling "i told you so" after a prospect loses thats give you orgasms? Honestly i can't see how you can be a fan of this sport and at the same time be a hater of the newcomers.

I am guessing your first language isn't english.

I think people in general like new prospects, I certainly do, but as soon as a new prospect beats a can people hype them to be the next champion. When they lose, people turn on that new prospect. I started a thread many years ago about a kid fighting in ROF...killing stomping everyone he faced and saying he would be a WW champ one day. He came to the UFC, won his first two by KO/TKO, then lost four in a row. Brandon Thatch has not fought in 4 years since.

We now have guys saying Hazmat would beat Izzy...I mean WTF. My biggest issue is guys hyping prospects then shitting on them when they lose. Before hyping a guy, if they beat a couple cans, lets see what they can do against better competition.

I am guessing your first language isn't english.

I think people in general like new prospects, I certainly do, but as soon as a new prospect beats a can people hype them to be the next champion. When they lose, people turn on that new prospect. I started a thread many years ago about a kid fighting in ROF...killing stomping everyone he faced and saying he would be a WW champ one day. He came to the UFC, won his first two by KO/TKO, then lost four in a row. Brandon Thatch has not fought in 4 years since.

We now have guys saying Hazmat would beat Izzy...I mean WTF. My biggest issue is guys hyping prospects then shitting on them when they lose. Before hyping a guy, if they beat a couple cans, lets see what they can do against better competition.
Its not

I don't mind new guys but I hate undeserved hype. There's a difference between supporting new talent and latching onto any fighter with a touch of success. It's super annoying talking about future champ/double-champ/goat shit every thread.

I think a lot of the "people hating prospects" you see is actually people hating unproven fighters' bandwagon fans. The prospect du jour is Chimaev, and he's certainly intriguing, but you have people proclaiming he's going to be a three weight champion when he hasn't even faced a legitimately good UFC fighter. That leads to people wanting to see those proclamations proven wrong, even if they don't necessarily have anything against Chimaev himself.

We are all still waiting for this prospect to fulfill his potential and become a champion. We put our heart and soul into supporting him, but it hasn't panned out yet, so us Sherdoggers feel burned by prospects. Fortunately he's still young, so we just have to be patient

20140204113030_erick_silva.JPG

So young at 36...so overplayed...

I really don't think there's anyone out there who just hates prospects. Unproven overhyped prospects maybeeeee

Back