Why Do Some Fans Of The Wire Like Stringer Bell? He Was A Coward SPOILERS

Avon got got. He went away. String took over and did things his own damn way.

He stayed alive and would still have had a chance to take out Marlo and get things going again.

Avon not wanting to go legit isnt as bad as everyone makes it out to be. He knew he wasnt some legit business man. He was smart enough to stick to his strengths and the world he knew. Avon was right about Stringer being a man with no country.

I think Avon was the smarter overall but Stringer's overreaching and failures made his story more tragic and better.

Nice avoidance.

It's not avoidance.

String was more successful financially, by far.

Yes, he died. So what? That's not a statement on his style. That's a statement on his career choice. Turnover in the drug trade is notoriously high. I wasn't avoiding the question. I was stating the obvious. It is actually true that drug dealers in that environment at that level end up dead or in jail.

It's not avoidance.

String was more successful financially, by far.

Yes, he died. So what? That's not a statement on his style. That's a statement on his career choice. Turnover in the drug trade is notoriously high. I wasn't avoiding the question. I was stating the obvious. It is actually true that drug dealers in that environment at that level end up dead or in jail.

Go back and read my breakdown of Stringer and tell me exactly what I said that you disagree with me about.

"He died. So what?"

er.... He died as a result of his poor decision making.

Go back and read my breakdown of Stringer and tell me exactly what I said that you disagree with me about.

"He died. So what?"

er.... He died as a result of his poor decision making.

Man, that's like eating bad chicken while you're on your last leg of cancer. It doesn't matter why. He was going to end up dead.

Man, that's like eating bad chicken while you're on your last leg of cancer. It doesn't matter why. He was going to end up dead.

Thats fine, but I'm not really getting what the problem is with what I've said. People are trying to act as though I'm incorrect somehow.

Feels like people like the character and got mad that someone pointed out his flaws to me.

Thats fine, but I'm not really getting what the problem is with what I've said. People are trying to act as though I'm incorrect somehow.

Feels like people like the character and got mad that someone pointed out his flaws to me.

Probably.

It just seems strange to say that String messed up when Acon is the one who ended up in jail, and then in jail again. That's not too smart either.

Probably.

It just seems strange to say that String messed up when Acon is the one who ended up in jail, and then in jail again. That's not too smart either.

He was in jail again because of Stringer though.

Shit, I actually forgot Stringer was informing on him.

He was in jail again because of Stringer though.

Shit, I actually forgot Stringer was informing on him.

Every drug dealer is in jail because someone was informing on them.

OK, I may be a bit hazy but here's what I recall.

He gave away half of Avon's territory.

He dealt with Prop Joe behind Avon's back, further weakening Avons place in the business.

He sets Omar on Brother Muzon, Avon's only muscle outside.

He also started fucking D'Angelo's girl BEFORE making the decision to get rid of D'Angelo.

He blows all of his money on the real estate thing, the reason he did most of the shit above.

He's running the show and lets MArlo come out of nowhere and start muscling in. Avon had the right of Marlo, they should have taken him out from the start.

Then he tells Avon that he had D'Angelo killed, which made no sense at all.

then he tries to fuck over Avon and have him sent back to jail.

then he gets whacked by the two guys he tried to turn on one another.

The guy was a complete fuck up.

You not seeing what he brought to the table at all though. You just claiming he was a fuck up and ingoring all the shit he did to make them stronger. He was the reason Avon was even able to come out of prison and have Anything at all, do you not see that.

Everything you said about him is true but only 2 of those things effected the business. Going behind Avon's back to Joe, in which later on Avon said it was the right call and support him, and then him trying to turn Brother on Omar. Omar was only a problem cause of Avon in the first place. Avon was the one that had Omar's boyfriend laid out like a deer burnt up and shit and its was Stringer trying to clean up that mess too at the end of season 1.

Giving Marlo corner was a smart play. Let him have them and make money. The same money that Avon was using to war with Marlo in the first place. With the money that Stringer brought in, he wouldn't have be able to HIRE the muscle he brought in from the eastside. Even Avon said at the end of it, Stringer was right, fuck the corners, Fuck Marlo, Fuck all this beef over a couple corners.

At the end of it all Stringer cost himself his life but didn't play the game badly at all. Everyone did expect The Greek. he was the only one to get away clean.

I neither hate nor like him.

He was a pretty savvy player of the game until he got played himself.

It is what it is.

Snoop was the hardest on the show.. The hardware store scene alone was badass.

Back