Why Do Some Fans Of The Wire Like Stringer Bell? He Was A Coward SPOILERS

Avon didn't give him up, that's just the words that Omar used. Stringer did himself in. Avon simply couldn't put the brakes on the wheels, Stringer himself, already put in motion.

Not to mention Stringer crossed the line by having D killed. Likely the main reason Avon let him die. (Along with the fact that if he backed Stinger he would no longer have had an NY connection.)

Stringer was a grade A POS, and most who like him as a character give him too much credit for being a "business man", when he was really just aspiring to be one.

Avon could have backed Stringer. His line to NY won't have been as important if Avon wasn't so dam Proud with "MY Corners" shit.Joe had that shit fresh off the boat.

The only reason Stringer put a hit out on Brother cause Avon wouldn't listen to him. They were losing everything and it was Stringer that kept the business going. If he listened to Avon, Avon would have came out of prison and had shit. The ATL connect was pure shit and they were losing everything under Avon's control.Stringer step in and kept thing right

They turned on each other, Stringer wasn't any worse than Avon. They both gave the other one up, plain and simple. Each of them had their flaws, it's disingenuous to act like Stringer was the only one who made mistakes because he was in over his head with the business shit.

Also, D had to go.

Stringer had one of Avon's family members killed. I'd say that alone makes him worse.

Don't get me wrong though, I think Avon is a shitty individual as well.

The need for D to be killed is debatable.

They turned on each other, Stringer wasn't any worse than Avon. They both gave the other one up, plain and simple. Each of them had their flaws, it's disingenuous to act like Stringer was the only one who made mistakes because he was in over his head with the business shit.

Also, D had to go.

The only one that "had to go" was Stringer. Mouzone stated it very simply to Avon; Stringer had to go or Avon's credibility would be gone and Stringer would be found and killed anyways.

Why did D have to go? He was cold and distant, but he had accepted his fate in prison. Plus, is it normal for prisoners to be able to cut deals AFTER they've been sentenced and serving time? Seems like even if he did want to snitch, he lost out on his chance when he took the years.

Avon could have backed Stringer. His line to NY won't have been as important if Avon wasn't so dam Proud with "MY Corners" shit.Joe had that shit fresh off the boat.

I seriously doubt Stringer was getting out of that situation alive. Mouzone wasn't just going to leave if Avon didn't want to set Stringer up. Avon was putting himself and his men in jeopardy if he refused.

The only reason Stringer put a hit out on Brother cause Avon wouldn't listen to him. They were losing everything and it was Stringer that kept the business going. If he listened to Avon, Avon would have came out of prison and had shit. The ATL connect was pure shit and they were losing everything under Avon's control.Stringer step in and kept thing right

Product always seemed to be shit in Avon's territory, but he had the real estate. Yes, Stringer's doublecross of Omar and Mouzone got Avon to agree to take Prop Joe's shit. Avon probably would have got another connect and still made the money or he'd have decided to take Prop Joe's shit. Stringer forced the issue and ultimately got himself killed for it.

Last edited:

Stringer put a hit out on Mouzone because he was in love with the idea of making the game into a business. Had he let Mouzone do his job, they would likely have been just fine. But that's not the route Stinger wanted to go, so he crossed his partner who had already made a play.

That final scene between Stringer and Avon is one of the best moments in TV history. Fucking awesome.

Stringer deserved to die though.

Stringer put a hit out on Mouzone because he was in love with the idea of making the game into a business. Had he let Mouzone do his job, they would likely have been just fine. But that's not the route Stinger wanted to go, so he crossed his partner who had already made a play.

he wouldn't have been fine if Brother ran of Joe's people. They had no product to hold down the towers. How long do you think the workers would have stayed loyal to Avon if wasn't able to pay them. Plus the wolves were already circling. Now as bad ass as Brother was, he wouldn't have been able to hold down all of Avon's real estate if Avon didn't have no product to put out there.

he wouldn't have been fine if Brother ran of Joe's people. They had no product to hold down the towers. How long do you think the workers would have stayed loyal to Avon if wasn't able to pay them. Plus the wolves were already circling. Now as bad ass as Brother was, he wouldn't have been able to hold down all of Avon's real estate if Avon didn't have no product to put out there.

Yea, but the picture was painted much worse than it truly was because of Stringer's treachery. He was already in bed with Joe, unbeknownst to Avon, which led to Avon calling in Mouzone.

TS I take back that FBB advice I gave you in the sports bar.

Yea, but the picture was painted much worse than it truly was because of Stringer's treachery. He was already in bed with Joe, unbeknownst to Avon, which led to Avon calling in Mouzone.

Yeah i understand that Stringer went behind Avon back after Avon said no to the Joe connect but its was really their only option. NY cut them out after Avon went to prison and the ATL connect was dog shit. So Joe was their only option but Avon's pride couldn't see it.

Yeah i understand that Stringer went behind Avon back after Avon said no to the Joe connect but its was really their only option. NY cut them out after Avon went to prison and the ATL connect was dog shit. So Joe was their only option but Avon's pride couldn't see it.

You could be right that without Joe they would have fallen. We'll never know. Perhaps Avon would have found a connect after all. The main point I was trying to make was that Stinger went off on his own script in a devious fashion, inevitably leading to his demise. It wasn't really that Avon gave him up. He just didn't choose to save him from the wrath he brought upon himself; and for good reason.

Because he thought he was someone he was not and could never be and in the end he still died in the streets even though he thought he was a businessman not a gangster. We liked him in the same way you like bad guys in other films and tv shows, you want to see them got.

Avon forced Stringer's hand.

Back