Why Do Some Fans Of The Wire Like Stringer Bell? He Was A Coward SPOILERS

DoUEvenLiftBro

Brown Belt
Reaction score
He was fortunate enough to never be imprisoned, so he didn't really have any credibility in that regard. He had D'Angelo killed because he was scared of the unlikely scenario that D wouldn't be able to do the years. Meanwhile, he was screwing D's annoying ex and trying to run things his own way behind Avon's back. He set Brother Mouzone up to be killed by Omar because he was too gutless to tell Avon how they needed to handle business. He thought he was an expert on business and politics because he got an A- on a community college paper. He wanted the benefits of the game, but didn't want to take the risks. Essentially, there is no other word for him than coward. I don't get the hype.

He was a cowardly backstabbing shit. He begged for his life too. I mean, I would beg for my life but I'm not a character on the Wire.

people love a good schemer

send him a PM and ask him why he was like that, pretty sure he posts here.

He was just greedy. I always said Stringer's Greed and Avon's Pride brought them both down.

People want to shit on Stringer but Avon gave him up. So Avon a backstabbing snitch too. There is no good guy in the show. Everyone in it the show could be painted in a bad light.

He was a cowardly backstabbing shit. He begged for his life too. I mean, I would beg for my life but I'm not a character on the Wire.

Not that begging for your life is a sign of anything wrong, but he really didn't. He made them a money offer, sure, but as soon as it was clear they weren't interested, he actually manned up pretty strong. "It seems like there ain't nothin I can say to change y'alls minds. (Pause) Well if you're gonna do it motherfuckers, hurry up" were his last words.

Not that begging for your life is a sign of anything wrong, but he really didn't. He made them a money offer, sure, but as soon as it was clear they weren't interested, he actually manned up pretty strong. "It seems like there ain't nothin I can say to change y'alls minds. (Pause) Well if you're gonna do it motherfuckers, hurry up" were his last words.

Word on the street was that Stringer pissing all over himself and crying before Chris and Snoop lit his ass up.

Word on the street was that Stringer pissing all over himself and crying before Chris and Snoop lit his ass up.

Wasn't it Omar and Malcolm X? Forget that guys name.

String was in it for the money, he had minions to get their hands dirty, Avon wanted to make a name for himself that was the thing that brought their partnership and business down

He was just greedy. I always said Stringer's Greed and Avon's Pride brought them both down.

People want to shit on Stringer but Avon gave him up. So Avon a backstabbing snitch too. There is no good guy in the show. Everyone in it the show could be painted in a bad light.

Well, Stringer dug his own hole by his double-cross gone awry with Mouzone and Omar. Avon actually tried to pay to save Stringer's life despite the betrayal. I wouldn't call Avon a snitch on that account. Avon probably could take more shit for having his guys take plea deals, so that he could get a lighter sentence in Season 1. Plus, poisoning the prison supply, so that he could snitch out the guard for a lighter sentence was very low as well.

And I did forget to mention that Stringer actually used the police to bring Avon down. For a "gangsta," nothing more cowardly than that.

Hehe. Who was it that said that again? I ferget

Omar and Brother Mouzone killed Stringer, but Chris and Snoop spread the word that they did it and Snoop told a story about Stringer begging

Yeah Omar and Brother Mozon killed stringer but Chris and Snoop were taking credit for it. There was a scene were Snoop is telling the young guns about it and how Stringer was crying and begging Chris not to kill him and shit.

Avon didn't give him up, that's just the words that Omar used. Stringer did himself in. Avon simply couldn't put the brakes on the wheels, Stringer himself, already put in motion.

Not to mention Stringer crossed the line by having D killed. Likely the main reason Avon let him die. (Along with the fact that if he backed Stinger he would no longer have had an NY connection.)

Stringer was a grade A POS, and most who like him as a character give him too much credit for being a "business man", when he was really just aspiring to be one.

in the end we all know the true OG in baltimore was Slim Charles

Avon didn't give him up, that's just the words that Omar used. Stringer did himself in. Avon simply couldn't put the brakes on the wheels, Stringer himself, already put in motion.

Not to mention Stringer crossed the line by having D killed. Likely the main reason Avon let him die. (Along with the fact that if he backed Stinger he would no longer have had an NY connection.)

Stringer was a grade A POS, and most who like him as a character give him too much credit for being a "business man", when he was really just aspiring to be one.

They turned on each other, Stringer wasn't any worse than Avon. They both gave the other one up, plain and simple. Each of them had their flaws, it's disingenuous to act like Stringer was the only one who made mistakes because he was in over his head with the business shit.

Also, D had to go.

Back