Why do some consider May/Pac to be one sided?

10-2 (for me, on my card) is a pretty wide margin. It wasn't like Pac was beaten half to death, but that margin is wide enough to say he was outclassed in there that night. Even dominated isn't too strong of a word for a 10-2 bout, IMO. But it wasn't a violent beatdown by any stretch. It is what it is. It is what I expected it would be, and it is about what I expect it would be in a rematch.

but in most of rounds Floyd won was won by a few punches landed more though

how could it be 'one sided' that Floyd barely won, albeit clearly, more rounds to win? Floyd didn't land shit either. he just landed more in more rounds and won
There's more to boxing than counting punches. Even if punching was close, nothing else was.

Beating a guy bloody isn't the only way to dominate a fight.

Probably because it was.

Had it even through the first 6 rounds, then Floyd shutting him out after that. Neither guy was impressive really imo, fight hurt boxing in the short term.
It didnt hurt boxing. It hurt the feelings of the fans that wanted Pacquiao to win which was the majority of people who viewed the fight. Since that fight happened there has been 2 box office boxing movies and some good fights. When people say it hurt boxing thats there way of trying to take away the fact that Floyd did to Pacquiao what he does to everyone else. Made him look like an amateur. People are not upset the fight was boring. There upset Floyd won plain and simple. You can tell by all the excuses after the fight. First its Pacquiao won. Then its the shoulder injury. Then it was the IV rumor that came out of nowhere and so on. People are so desperate to see Floyd take an L and they thought Pacquiao was the man to do it. They were wrong.

There's more to boxing than counting punches. Even if punching was close, nothing else was.

Beating a guy bloody isn't the only way to dominate a fight.

Like what, Pacquiao was the aggressor, Floyd just barely edged out many rounds he won though, right, I mean, what else do you look at, footworks don't win fights, hugging don't win them either

Yeah with that in mind, I doubt Floyd landed much more
Floyd outlanded him by a considerable amount in all but 2 rounds according to compubox. Compubox can be questionable though, to be fair.

Personally, I thought it was pretty clear that Floyd took Pac out of his game. Pac landed Baldomir like numbers vs Floyd.

Floyd outlanded him by a considerable amount in all but 2 rounds according to compubox. Compubox can be questionable though, to be fair.

Personally, I thought it was pretty clear that Floyd took Pac out of his game. Pac landed Baldomir like numbers vs Floyd.

What are those considerable amount? It didn't look like to me he landed barely anything at all himself, it just was that Pacquiao did less.

And most of punches probably didn't have a lot of power behind it like Pacquiao was throwing those haymakers

What are those considerable amount? It didn't look like to me he landed barely anything at all himself, it just was that Pacquiao did less.

Floyd boxed that muhfuh. Boxed his ass.

Roger-Mayweather.jpg

And most of punches probably didn't have a lot of power behind it like Pacquiao was throwing those haymakers
They were clean punches. I'm not really sure how fans score power.

They were clean punches. I'm not really sure how fans score power.

Still I doubt he hit as hard as Manny, and Floyd can't have landed sizably more punches, more likely barely, from the looks of things

Floyd boxed that muhfuh. Boxed his ass.

he

Frankly, I'm not sure if those punch counts were impartial and fair, but if you go by those numbers, Floyd apparently landed thirty or so more punches than Manny, you divide that by the number of rounds that they fought, Floyd landed 2.5 more punches a round, which wouldn't be too contradictory against the impression that I had from watching that fight, because it looked to me that Floyd barely landed more than Manny Pacquiao in a lot of rounds he won against him, while putting less weight behind his punches, a lot of them jabs, when landing succesfully.

Because Pacman didn't land anything significant other than round 4 and had no answer for foot work and ring generalship. A fight can be competitive and still be one sided.

Still I doubt he hit as hard as Manny, and Floyd can't have landed sizably more punches, more likely barely, from the looks of things
See, I've said this a million times on this site. No where in the rules does it say anything about scoring "hard punches." You score clean, effective punches. That can be a simple jab if its controlling the pace.

how could it be 'one sided' that Floyd barely won, albeit clearly, more rounds to win? Floyd didn't land shit either. he just landed more in more rounds and won

I get that you must not like Floyd, you're in good company most people hate him. But barely won? C'mon man. You should learn the sport not just watch it, it will allow you to appreciate fights a lot more. I remember Jack Dempsey writing something about when you watch two good fighters fight watch BOTH of them and whats actually occuring not just what the guy you want to win is doing. Or in Pacs case, not doing.

His trainer should have told Pac that Mayweather was a homosexual.... that would have given him alittle more gusto in the ring.

I gave you a like for that MCPB. You have a pitiful amount of likes.

Back