Why do so many wrestlers have huge chins?

I can't be the only one that's noticed this. It's not just wrestlers turned MMA fighters either. If you look at NCAA guys, so many have frankenstein jaws. Why?

demian-maia-ben-askren-ufc-singapore.jpg

matt-hughes-mullet.jpg

03-Dan-Henderson-Strikeforce.jpg
Wrestling is natural mewing and chin toning. Your head posture improves along with your neck muscles, all the neck fat goes away quickly for amount of work you have to do with your head alone.

huge chins and jaws and generally big heads, short stocky legs with big asses and a huge torso and forearms.
I had saw this even on persons, that didn't had any sports training.
Yup, sometimes even considerably more impressive diameter necks thanks to fat.
Appears that bone growth seriously is detemined by genetics too.

It is not only wrestlers. I have posted about this earlier but there certainly is something about the prevalence of a "typical" Murrcan look: huge chins and jaws and generally big heads, short stocky legs with big asses and a huge torso and forearms.

Think Matt Hugues and Ben Askren. These guys could not be anything else than Murrcan even if their lineage is obviously Northern Euro.

I really think it has to do with the prevalence of growth hormones in meat and milk (of which Murrcans consume a shitload since they are toddlers), which in turn influences growth patterns in body proportion.

All jokes aside, have you guys noticed that there are not so many white murrcan UFC fighters with the physique of GSP or Conor, i.e. long limbs and short torso?

Anyways, maybe I am talking out of my ass, but I really feel like we might be on to something.
No, you see Asian fighters with that jaw a lot who drink little to no milk and eat much less meat. It might have to do with the fact that American whites are a hodge podge of European ethnicities and on top of that are straight up mixed race pretty often even if they claim to be white. Like Hendo's jaw is probably from his Native American mixture.

It is not only wrestlers. I have posted about this earlier but there certainly is something about the prevalence of a "typical" Murrcan look: huge chins and jaws and generally big heads, short stocky legs with big asses and a huge torso and forearms.

Think Matt Hugues and Ben Askren. These guys could not be anything else than Murrcan even if their lineage is obviously Northern Euro.

I really think it has to do with the prevalence of growth hormones in meat and milk (of which Murrcans consume a shitload since they are toddlers), which in turn influences growth patterns in body proportion.

All jokes aside, have you guys noticed that there are not so many white murrcan UFC fighters with the physique of GSP or Conor, i.e. long limbs and short torso?

Anyways, maybe I am talking out of my ass, but I really feel like we might be on to something.

I would guess wrestling being the biggest feed into MMA generally tends to filter towards this bodytype, the lanky kid at school ends up playing basketball or track and field. The stocky kid might end up playing football but if he isn't either very large or quick on his feet probably pushed towards wrestling.

That said I suspect there is a lot of truth to PED's being common from as early as highschool which probably has a bigger impact on peoples facial features than using at a latter age.

The best mma wrestler of all-time has an average jawline.
georges-st-pierre.jpg

Because the colleges they went to pumped a load of PEDs into them in order to win. This is a fact. People worry about the Eastern Block back in the day. Americans are doing the same thing to kids in sports. Look at Brocks "growth" through college.

View attachment 665509

He goes from an ectomorph to a mesomorph in a few years. Not even remotely close to being natural.

just a strict diet of deer meat, potatoes, and Skoal. all natty

i'm pretty sure the amount of hormones like even estrogen or bovine growth hormone in milk is very small compared to the natural amounts of hormones in our body (even males produce some level of estrogen). not sure about meat though

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-does-dairy-affect-your-hormone-levels/

I don't believe in PEDs theory.

I had experience when wasn't able to apply proper chokes for friendly demos if there a bit passive resistance.

Okey, most interesting experience was with one relatively small guy with 0 combat sports training.
Distance between jaw's bones at joint point end and at half stressed neck muscles = less than 1/3 inch.
Distance between end of chin's bone and neck = at best 1 inch.
Neck from end of shoulder's muscles till beginning of jaw's jonit = ~ 3 inches.
What kind of choke there have place?

All that he did, lovered chin a bit and stressed neck.
I don't think that PEDs might bring good results for motosport.
If U do mistake in 0,25 seconds, it might cost few seconds for finish or fall and this means ….almost all for this event.
Why do people who can't speak English write so much?

Because Americans are real men unlike glass jaw Euros and Brits who also have terrible teeth

Because the colleges they went to pumped a load of PEDs into them in order to win. This is a fact. People worry about the Eastern Block back in the day. Americans are doing the same thing to kids in sports. Look at Brocks "growth" through college.

View attachment 665509

He goes from an ectomorph to a mesomorph in a few years. Not even remotely close to being natural.
Hard work and creatine,bro. Just like Dwayne Johnson.

Back