Why do so many high-level MMA fighters come from Hawaii?

3.gif

09071be6-ec21-41ad-897d-5e6235a9506d_text.gif

Last edited:
I got to live in Hawaii for a bit.

It is a fighting culture. Judo was an actual high school sport. It followed wrestling season. They fight for fun. Wrestle, box, Judo, etc.

BJ Penn learned to fight before the UFC, he was good at it. In Hawaii, fighting isn't a big deal. Scrap it out bro and be friends later on.

Native Hawaiians have that warrior spirit. They are good people and it is an enjoyable culture. They don't go around attacking people for no reason, but love to scrap, and if you like to also you can have some fun.

I got to live in Hawaii for a bit.

It is a fighting culture. Judo was an actual high school sport. It followed wrestling season. They fight for fun. Wrestle, box, Judo, etc.

BJ Penn learned to fight before the UFC, he was good at it. In Hawaii, fighting isn't a big deal. Scrap it out bro and be friends later on.

Native Hawaiians have that warrior spirit. They are good people and it is an enjoyable culture. They don't go around attacking people for no reason, but love to scrap, and if you like to also you can have some fun.
Polynesians in general

One of the poorest states in the USA. Poverty = desperate young men with few options to succeed.

Reactions: OGL
It is a fighting culture, but I wouldn't say that there's that many successful representatives and the template that they follow is not very successful in current mma (brawling).

That being said, hespect to all cultures that haven't lost the importance of young males fighting and competing with each other.

Huh?

Which UK and Ireland, lad?

google it, its no different in the uk and ireland than Hawaii, New Zealand, Samoa etc.

Something in watta ova there braddah...
Somoa culture breed warrior brah...

Sounds like a typical weekend in the UK and Ireland.

If its shocking to anyone, you are probably American.

If you mean chavs and thugs fighting/stabbing you for a dirty look. Yes. The rest of the country not so much. There is reason most british fighters come from Manchester, liverpool or Birmingham.

Back