Why do professional MMA fighters post on Reddit and not here?

Imagine being a fighter and read here comments about your body, your hairline, or calling you "overrated" after a loss. I wouldn't like it.

Because sherdog doesn't have an easy access app? I don't know because I have a Windows phone and there isn't any apps for my phone anymore.
Kudos, Windows phone was really great, it is a shame that few used it

Some of them DO have accounts on here, just not Official ones. They lurk and read what people say about them anonymously and sometimes they get so triggered that they respond.

For example:

Datsik = Paynebringer

Okami = pankrat

Dillon Danis = empsim

Roger Huerta = Raymundo Alvarado Guevara

Sakuraba = This guy

Conor = CTEgod

I clicked on "This guy" and it was my profile!

Am I fucking Sakuraba and don't know it?

This forum treats fighters like shit. The legends of the sport (Fedor, Silva, BJ, etc) have countless threads about why they are overrated, and why their opponents sucked. People point to one loss and act like that discredits their whole careers. Hell GSP gets critiqued for his wins lol.

And those are just the top guys. Imagine if you are just a middling fighter, who has a tough time breaking into the top 10. Is this forum going to applaud your effort, and respect the work you put in to break into the UFC? Hell no. This forum is just a shit show about how bad you are, and if you beat anyone they must suck.

Oh by the way, don’t ever try to stick up for somebody. You are then a labeled a “fanboy”, and out come the LOLs from whoever you are talking with. “Oh you think Anderson Silva is a all time great?” LOL FANBOY.

And heaven forbid you didn’t fight one guy in your career. “Bisbing is a joke, ducked Romero”. As if Bisbing wasn’t ready and willing to fight every guy in his division for the last decade
LOL Bisping FANBOY

You know why. Most people here expect fighters to be mindless cannon fodders or else they're bitches.

Because this place is a dumpster fire full of edge lords and haters.

The amount of hate towards fighters on here is ridiculous.

Like there's teasing and shit talk that is half joking with maybe bits of truth that hurt in their that can aim to lift everyone up.

There's some of that here but it's far outweighed by the amount of pure emotional abuse towards the fighters.

Because this place is a dumpster fire full of edge lords and haters.
People here are too honest which imo is a good thing.

In Reddit at most of the time people are allowed to have only one narrative.

In Sherdog you can debate anything that you wanted to talk about.

The amount of hate towards fighters on here is ridiculous.

Like there's teasing and shit talk that is half joking with maybe bits of truth that hurt in their that can aim to lift everyone up.

There's some of that here but it's far outweighed by the amount of pure emotional abuse towards the fighters.
That is true.

And me being a fan of Colby Covington, I really don't mind that.

I simply can argue that, "please looked at Colby skillset instead."

That is true.

Yeah, Colby sort of has a nice cover in that he's good and his persona is completely fabricated so it's like they hate on something made to be hated on.

He just has the curse of being second or third best in his weight class in his era.

That is true.

I just can't believe that people don't know the strategy to beat Usman though.

Reddit MMA is deff more trafficked than here. We are old fucks stuck on a forum <Fedor23>
at least a sherdogger has a wife and has already fucked a woman, Reddit is made up of virgins and losers.

images

The mods are way more consistent there and usually enforce ALL the rules ALL the time.

Over here a thread full of people can call someone like Jones every dirty name in the book with 0 repercussions, cause most of the mods don't like Jones so they will not enforce the fighter bashing rules on said fighter.

But let someone say anything negative about someone like Fedor or a GSP and the mods are all over it cause they actually like them. Too much picking and choosing when and when not to enforce the rules.

So if it appears that mods here rule by emotion, and mods there rule by the rules, fighters will feel more protected there and don't have to worry about being bashed or embarrassed.

Back