Why do professional MMA fighters post on Reddit and not here?

People on here hate MMA and its fighters

I completely disagree with people repeating those "Because we are horrible to fighters, trolls everywhere".

It's like this on every MMA forum if you haven't taken a peak outside of Sherdog ;) Trolling, vulgarity and overall madness. Is normal.
I guess most fighters don't have the time and nerves to read all that shit and reply back.

It's worse here, and the fighters themselves will tell you that. Ask Roxie.

I'm new here and I'm a professional MMA fighter.

Guess who I am and I'll bless you.

Cuz Reddit is a safespace
Most fighters would get eaten alive here
Too Natty, Too explosive

Izzy please let that be you. <{1-11}>

3UXQ.gif

Sherdog is the wild, wild west of MMA forums.

Back in the day this place used to be extremely strict with fighter bashing. I mean like you needed to write a thesis on why a fighter sucked otherwise it's off to the shadow realm. So fighters did naturally come here but let me tell you this place was soo freaking boring

remember when you couldn't have an opinion on whether a fighter was on PEDs

Because sherdoggers are the worst. This is known across the internet.

Sherdog is a cesspool where people go to puke on things. Why would any fighter go here? We don't pay their bills but sure love to piss on them. "Let's go there and do some fan service!" said no one.

They and people in their circles read it.

Not all of it but if you repeat something enough times and there's some value there's a chance they hear about it.

Afterall who the fuck do you think owns this place once you climb high enough up the ladder?

Take a look at this place through the eyes of an outsider. Shertards:

-They're keyboard warriors who talk shit about fighters online while they wouldn't utter a word to them IRL.
-They a have bizarre sense of humor, most of the memes would be unfunny to anyone outside of sherdog.
-Most of them simply don't know what they're talking about.
-They kiss up to boxers, MT and other combat sports while throwing MMA under the bus.
-They have a very low IQ level overall. 99% of threads turn into flamewars for no apparent reasons.
-When they do appriciate fighters, they turn it into a creepy cult where they live vicariously through them.
-So they can't criticize a fighter without name calling him behind the safety of the internet, and they can't be a normal fan of a fighter without being obsessed stalkers.

Should I go on?

Yes but we're comparing to Reddit here.

Reddit sucks.
- upvote/downvote system encourages feminine groupthink
- pro SJW bias
- mostly inhabited by beta soyboys 5'8 and below
- mods are out of control
- completely impersonal, it's all about extracting and sharing info and less about fostering a community
- mostly 18 year old virgins

Shall I go on?

Do writers read their own books? Does Paul McCartney listen to his own recordings? Does the bird ask a tree "can I rest on your branches?"

Sherdog is the epitome of MMA, a core essence of MMA.
Does river visit the ocean? Not really, it was never separate from the ocean and they flow through each other all the time.

Fighters don't really need to visit this place. It was build from the fragments of their spirits and they are ultimately connected to sherdog anyway.

It is like, would an engineer walk around , looking closely on every car he designed? Or would a builder come and check every brick he laid. Or would factory walker unscrew every mobile phone he assembled to enjoy the beauty of semiconductors?
They know these things, they have seen it countless times, why even bother going back?

Reddit MMA is deff more trafficked than here. We are old fucks stuck on a forum <Fedor23>

Back