why do ppl act as if weidman totally dominated silva?

Why do Silva apologists constantly ignore the fact the concept that "taking the first round off" or "starting slow" is in fact, a major flaw in Silva's game and it really only means "Lost the first round decisively"

Agreed +1000

weidman did win 2 times, fair n square.

nobody disputes that. but why do ppl act as if silva was completely outmatched n weidman dominated from beginning til the end?

in both fights silva gave up the 1st round, like he always does. weidman got his td n did minimal damage while on top. in 2nd fight silva actually did more damage from the bottom, as he busted weidman up. if you watch carefully weidman was completely disoriented at the end of the round. he didnt know where his corner was.

in 2nd round in both fights weidman didnt do much. in 1st fight he tried a telegraphed td n got stuffed n then threw sloppy punches n kicks. in the 2nd fight he was just trying to survive the round, as silva was on the attack.

both fights had a bizarre ending to them. 1st with silva overdoing his mind games n in 2nd with a freak injury. weidman did win on paper, but neither one of those wins prove without a shadow of a doubt that weidman is better than silva.

if or when they fight again silva is still gonna be the favorite to win n silva by tko 2nd or 3rd round seems like the most probable outcome.

Too long didn't read

Took him down, had a decent sub attempt, flash KOed him in the clinch (Andy's own game), checked his kicks to the point of snapping his leg (2nd fight only), avoided getting punched/kicked in the face during the stand-up (Andy's own game), brutally KOed him

the facts. read them ts. and then read them again. go watch the fights. reread these facts. watch the fights again. count the number of punches silva landed. count the number of punches weidman landed. count the number of takedowns weidman landed. count the number of takedowns silva landed. notice weidman was walking forward. notice silva was walking backwards. reread the facts. think about them. etc.

Anderson isn't retired yet.. ;)

2 time MW champ at 40? don't put it passed him.
You all jumped the bandwagon too quick.
ufc02.jpg

In my opinion chael sonnen did much a better job than weidman. If that 2 fluke fights did not ocur what the hell in this world would you give weidman a chance against machida. No chance in hell

Chris Weidman did dominated anderson silva, silva barely even landed anything on his for the etire fights.

In the first fight, first round, anderson did nothing, weidman took him down, held him, nearly finished him off with a heel hook.

in the second round he killed off silva with a soft arm punch of a left hook and knocked out nobody who does not drop there hands and lean back with there chin right up in the air...

in the second fight, first round... oh, anderson landed nothing, again... got dropped by a an arm punch... again, nearly finished..

second round, anderson lands his first strike of the fight, drops to the floor in pain because his leg broke in half.

Domination? Yes, i think so. and guess what? Machida will dominate the guy who dominated silva, proving what i knew all along, machida>anderson.

I agree with the TS 100%.

I doubt Anderson Silva will be the favorite with odds makers as logically they'll side with the winner of the last two fights but I do believe that Anderson Silva can beat Chris Weidman. It is true that he wasn't totally dominated. Now in the second fight Weidman did hurt Silva in the clinch and finished out the Round in top position but it's also true that Silva was doing damage from the bottom like he did to Chael Sonnen. Weidman was by no means cruising his way to victory before the leg injury although Silva didn't look like he was winning either. The fight was basically evolving in to an epic battle before our eyes prior to the freak injury.

I think Anderson Silva needs one or two tuneups fights before justifying a rematch. If Weidman is still champion (I think Machida or Belfort will beat him) and they have a third fight I will be cheering for Anderson Silva and I think he'll win.

Ummm.....Probably because he did. He won every round VERY decisively, so all of you Silva nut huggers should be over it by now. It's been a while. He's still the GOAT, so you have that to hang your hat on now.

some of you guys are clearly in denial.

i get you hate anderson, cause he probably beat your favorite fighter (who is it? hendo? rich? griffin? bonner?) but dont make it this obvious.

acting like anderson got dominated in either fight is stupidity in it self.

acting like he wouldnt stand a chance if they fight again is stupidity wrapped inside of stupidity.

I read this after i read your original post and i laughed my ass off, seriously do you even believe the retarded delusional bullshit you post? it's pathetic. Anderson got destroyed twice fair and square, period. Keep living in fantasy land.

Took him down, had a decent sub attempt, flash KOed him in the clinch (Andy's own game), checked his kicks to the point of snapping his leg (2nd fight only), avoided getting punched/kicked in the face during the stand-up (Andy's own game), brutally KOed him

Fucking dominated.

And that should have been the thread. For real, if I could be bothered I'd get that Denzel Washington 'Boom!' GIF out.

Silva basically did nothing in any of the four rounds they've fought, and lol at the idea Silva was busting Weidman up from the bottom.

Because Silva didn't win a single round, got knocked out and broke his leg, while not doing anything to Weidman. He also got dropped from the clinch and ate some heavy GnP.

Hey TS if Anderson died right there in the ring would you still say that he didn't get dominated? What exactly do you want?

nobody disputes that. but why do ppl act as if silva was completely outmatched n weidman dominated from beginning til the end?

in both fights silva gave up the 1st round, like he always does. weidman got his td n did minimal damage while on top. in 2nd fight silva actually did more damage from the bottom, as he busted weidman up. if you watch carefully weidman was completely disoriented at the end of the round. he didnt know where his corner was.

in 2nd round in both fights weidman didnt do much. in 1st fight he tried a telegraphed td n got stuffed n then threw sloppy punches n kicks. in the 2nd fight he was just trying to survive the round, as silva was on the attack.

both fights had a bizarre ending to them. 1st with silva overdoing his mind games n in 2nd with a freak injury. weidman did win on paper, but neither one of those wins prove without a shadow of a doubt that weidman is better than silva.

if or when they fight again silva is still gonna be the favorite to win n silva by tko 2nd or 3rd round seems like the most probable outcome.
False, 14 of Silva's 26 finishes happened in the first 5 minutes of his fights. Losing first rounds to Sonnen isn't always giving up the first round.

Weidman controlled the first round in each fight, won each easily.

1st fight, 2nd round was over in 78 seconds. If Weidman "didn't too much" then what did Silva do (besides getting knocked out cold)? Weidman drove Silva into the fence and shortly afterwards KO'd him. 78 seconds. 78 seconds.

2nd fight, 2nd round: Over in 76 seconds. Silva's attack was insignificant, Weidman wasn't "just trying to survive", he actually finished the fight with a defensive move, that is how weak Silva's attack was.

Weidman really won, he is the champ, he won in the real world, it wasn't a "win on paper" (I don't think that means what you think it means).
If there ever is a 3rd fight, Weidman finishes Silva in the first. Easy takedown and then Weidman will finish him.
I don't think there will be a 3rd fight though.

Fucking dominated.

Nailed it. Now wasteland this shit.

Because he got dominated.

If he didn't get KO'd in the first fight i think he could still beat Weidman(I'm saying he could, im not saying that i guarantee he would), Weidman was getting tired and Silva got into his head(he was wildly swinging in front of Silva, which is like the one thing he wants people to do) and he stuffed his only takedown attempt with ease.

But in the second fight you could clearly see that Silva wasn't going to win. He looked slower, got dropped from the clinch, got his leg broken etc.

some of you guys are clearly in denial.

i get you hate anderson, cause he probably beat your favorite fighter (who is it? hendo? rich? griffin? bonner?) but dont make it this obvious.

acting like anderson got dominated in either fight is stupidity in it self.

acting like he wouldnt stand a chance if they fight again is stupidity wrapped inside of stupidity.

He will NEVER fight Weidman again.

He will NEVER fight Weidman again.

I think he will lose to who ever he fights on his return, even before his leg was broken he looked past his prime in his second fight with Chris weidman, the age caught up with him maybe?

just let t go. Silva is finished. i doubt he even beat gatekeeper Bisping now.
Silva vs Vitor = Suicidal.
Silva vs Weidman 3 = Fatality

Brutality
173093071.jpg

Friendship
Anderson-Silva.png

Totally domination!!!!!

I feel bad for Silva and I am a fan too but he's done, should retire or else he just gonna get beating worst.

Back