why do ppl act as if weidman totally dominated silva?

1st of all hes not "my boy", i dont hang from fighters nuts, like most of the posters here do. im just a impartial fan of the sport.

2nd nobody said its not his fault, but beating a guy whos not even trying is like having sex with your gf while shes sleeping. doesnt really count.

3rd thats a fair comparison. weidman was on the defensive most of the round n silva was on the attack. that shin break wont happen again if they fight 100 more times. you know that.
The fact that you call yourself impartial is laughable. If you are impartial, then you're blind. Even the hardcore Silva fans admit that Weidman was winning both fights before the stoppages. You're the first person trying to say that Silva was winning the fights. If you truly believe that, then you're either blind or you don't know what you're watching. And again, if you truly believe in that comparison, you're an idiot.

I wouldn't say that, he proved that he is better head to head and a bad match up for him. All time not even close yet.

Yes, that's what I meant. Weidman is better than Silva in a fight. He's nowhere near Silva in the all-time category.

Worlds biggest silva fan here, even bought one of those "Anderson Knows" nike shirts for like 85$ on ebay. This thread is ridiculous, Silva was dominated in all facets of MMA in both fights. Only thing I would argue is it has taken Silva a few rounds in the past to find a comfortable range to start unloading; problem with Weidman is the reach just a little too long to find that range. Just a terrible match-up for Silva, I have accepted this, we all should accept and move on

Although I would love to watch Silva Weidman III

I'm a Silva fan and I admit he got destroyed. The first round of their first fight I remember being real nervous for Silva. After Weidman took him down and starting landing big shots I just had a feeling that something bad was going to happen and sure enough he was KO'd.

weidman did win 2 times, fair n square.

nobody disputes that. but why do ppl act as if silva was completely outmatched n weidman dominated from beginning til the end?

in both fights silva gave up the 1st round, like he always does. weidman got his td n did minimal damage while on top. in 2nd fight silva actually did more damage from the bottom, as he busted weidman up. if you watch carefully weidman was completely disoriented at the end of the round. he didnt know where his corner was.

Third fight could still go either way.

I don't know but a KO and broken leg seems like a dominant victory. :icon_lol:

The fact that you call yourself impartial is laughable. If you are impartial, then you're blind. Even the hardcore Silva fans admit that Weidman was winning both fights before the stoppages. You're the first person trying to say that Silva was winning the fights. If you truly believe that, then you're either blind or you don't know what you're watching. And again, if you truly believe in that comparison, you're an idiot.

i think you should work on your reading skills. did i say silva was winning those fights? i clearly said he was putting pressure on weidman in round 2 of the 2nd fight n weidman looked hesitant, thus silva was in control.

n again freak accident = freak accident. dont have to be a genius to get it.

breaking your hand while attempting a punch = breaking your leg while attempting a kick. but i guess for a silva hater soehow they are not the same.

let me guess, you were amongst 1st here to discredit woodleys win over condit, cause of a broken leg. m i right?

Many people really didn't like Anderson Silva, and maybe rightfully so. He can be a very strange guy and he literally took shits on PPVs against Leites and Maia. I for one felt like he was wiping his ass with my money while I was watching him fight Maia.

I still like Anderson, but I can see why a lot of people don't, and therefore want to believe that he got dominated by Weidman.

The fact is, he lost the first fight to Weidman because he was waaaay overconfident. Subsequently, he was embarrassed by what happened in that fight. So he overcompensated in the second fight, fighting way to predictable and safe, which is not his style.

The leg break was basically a fluke, but it came from Weidman being able to settle in and get comfortable which is not something Silva had ever let anybody do before in the UFC.

You're such a tool.

Weidman has beaten Silva 4 rounds to none.

He knocked him the fuck out in the first fight, even though Silva was in the Matrix. Well, guess there was a glitch in the Matrix.

In the second fight Silva got his fabled Plum clinch and got fucking dropped while in this legendary position. Weidman checked his shitty no setup low kick and broke Silva.

Weidman showed himself to be superior to Silva by winning every round, dropping Silva twice, knocking him out, nearly subbing him, taking him down, in the first fight he hit him with some ground and pound that dazed him...literally all that Silva had going for him was leg kicks in the first fight(which Weidman obviously fixed in the rematch-snappysnappybreakbreak), and Silva had some GNP from the bottom in the second fight, though Weidman landed much bigger GNP that same fight.

So!

Anderson- Leg kicks, decent GNP from his back.

Weidman- Took Silva down, had close sub attempts, HARD GNP(1st fight), decent GNP(2nd fight), knocked Silva down twice, once while defending the Plum, the other time he finished him off with big shots on the ground. Checked Silva's only effective offense from the first fight and broke an old man's leg.

So...Weidman > Silva, going off of their fights.

Weidman would likely finish Silva a third time. It's his time, and Silva's time has come and gone. Accept The Weidman inside of you, Anderson did.

There are facts and there are opinions.

The facts are:

- Weidman clearly won round one of both fights.
- Weidman was inactive until the stoppage of round two in both fights.
- Weidman ditched his gameplan in the first fight & took a big risk to get the finish.
- He stated he was fatigued in the second round of the 1st fight.
- Anderson Silva has lost many first rounds.
- Anderson Silva has won most of the subsequent rounds.

Everything else is opinion. It's easy to see why some people thought Weidman definitely would have won regardless of either finish & it's also logical to see why many feel Anderson was on his way to taking over the fight.

There was domination. Silva didn't win on the ground when he tasted Chris' top game. His eyes were actually fluttering like Mike Tyson's Punch Out. He got clocked badly in the clinch and could have went out just from that. He obviously didn't get the better of the stand up. Chris' grappling was better. He wasn't able to get his countering game going, which is what all the taunting is about. And his leg kicks were checked to where there was a hairline fracture. He should have switched up his strategy, but Anderson kept throwing so his leg snapped. Hindsight being 20/20 of course.

There are no other facets of the game. Chris won all of it. Unless they took turns using spinning techniques or threw exotic Street Fighter moves, there's nothing else to try.

Many people really didn't like Anderson Silva, and maybe rightfully so. He can be a very strange guy and he literally took shits on PPVs against Leites and Maia. I for one felt like he was wiping his ass with my money while I was watching him fight Maia.

I still like Anderson, but I can see why a lot of people don't, and therefore want to believe that he got dominated by Weidman.

The fact is, he lost the first fight to Weidman because he was waaaay overconfident. Subsequently, he was embarrassed by what happened in that fight. So he overcompensated in the second fight, fighting way to predictable and safe, which is not his style.

The leg break was basically a fluke, but it came from Weidman being able to settle in and get comfortable which is not something Silva had ever let anybody do before in the UFC.

it took 5 pages to finally get decent post.

i agree with last part, him getting kod in 1st fight, might affect his confidence. one thing i gotta give weidman is he wasnt afraid of silva. he was on the attack from the start. the problem is he didnt look good in 2nd round of both fights. dont know if he was gassing, or did silva just turned it on n was ready to wrap things up.

I'm a Silva fan and I admit he got destroyed. The first round of their first fight I remember being real nervous for Silva. After Weidman took him down and starting landing big shots I just had a feeling that something bad was going to happen and sure enough he was KO'd.

You're a pretty disengaged fan then. Here, I made a screen grab for you:

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c2h21nn4CO

Weidman was clearly more damaged after the first round in spite of what you're brainwashed to think about top control and knockdowns. He was bloodied and disoriented while Silva was back up to his feet, pumped to get the next round started.

There was domination. Silva didn't win on the ground when he tasted Chris' top game. His eyes were actually fluttering like Mike Tyson's Punch Out. He got clocked badly in the clinch and could have went out just from that. He obviously didn't get the better of the stand up. Chris' grappling was better. He wasn't able to get his countering game going, which is what all the taunting is about. And his leg kicks were checked to where there was a hairline fracture. He should have switched up his strategy, but Anderson kept throwing so his leg snapped. Hindsight being 20/20 of course.

There are no other facets of the game. Chris won all of it. Unless they took turns using spinning techniques or threw exotic Street Fighter moves, there's nothing else to try.

The only factor Chris didn't win was the stand-up during the first fight. He was out struck on the feet 14-8.

ill be honest, in the 2nd round of their 2nd fight i thought Silva was about to start wrecking shit... but then...

Chael beat Anderson in what 6 of 7 rounds?

Therefore Chael > Anderson

oh you mean you dont know what would have happened in those other rounds.

oh okay

silva didn't do jack against Weidman. Weidman was winning the score cards even before the fights ended. Get over it. He'd be favored the 3rd time. Jacare and Machida have better styles to beat him.

Chael beat Anderson in what 6 of 7 rounds?

Therefore Chael > Anderson

oh you mean you dont know what would have happened in those other rounds.

oh okay

why you bring up chael into this?

he made his nmae by fighting injured silva n still found a way to lose.

in their 2nd fight be got schooled.

no reason to mention chael again.

your right TS most fights go to decision, so i guess that would be normal.

getting knocked out isnt normal, but its a damn convincing way to lose.

You're a pretty disengaged fan then. Here, I made a screen grab for you:

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c2h21nn4CO

Weidman was clearly more damaged after the first round in spite of what you're brainwashed to think about top control and knockdowns. He was bloodied and disoriented while Silva was back up to his feet, pumped to get the next round started.

its funny how most of these silva haters ignore that part.

"weidman totally dominated him"

yet his the one all bloodied up having trouble finding his corner.

Took him down, had a decent sub attempt, flash KOed him in the clinch (Andy's own game), checked his kicks to the point of snapping his leg (2nd fight only), avoided getting punched/kicked in the face during the stand-up (Andy's own game), brutally KOed him

Fucking dominated.

It was a domination an absolute total destruction in every way. If you put the highlights of those 4 rounds together in the same package, you would think that Anderson did not belong in the same league as Weidman. There's nothing else to be said... Aside from Weidman actually submitting Anderson, pretty much every facet of MMA was covered and Anderson had virtually zero success in any of them.

Standing - beaten
Clinch - beaten
Cage control - beaten
Takedowns - beaten
Grappling/ground game - beaten
Submissions - beaten
Offense - beaten
Defense - beaten
Total strikes - beaten
Mental warfare - beaten
Threat of being finished - beaten
Overall damage - beaten

Why people cling on to ridiculous explanations, myths and subjective illogical beliefs, I don't know... it is bordering on delusion.

Back