why do ppl act as if weidman totally dominated silva?

I wouldn't call it domination. It was a couple of wins, however

Because he did dominate him? The only thing Silva had for Weidman in two fights were a couple of leg kicks in the first fight, and Weidman took that away from him and used it against him in the second fight.

Weidman has proved that he is better than Silva.

lets be fair now. silva didnt try to do much in 1st fight n in 2nd he suffered a freak accident.

what if cain broke his hand of jds head n couldnt continue, would you also consider that as cain being dominated by jds?

lets be fair now. silva didnt try to do much in 1st fight n in 2nd he suffered a freak accident.

what if cain broke his hand of jds head n couldnt continue, would you also consider that as cain being dominated by jds?

You're an idiot if you're making that comparison. And it's his fault if he didn't try in the first fight. Your boy lost, twice, get over it.

The main reason for this belief is because most people have eyes, and they watched the fights.

Haha that line had me doing the same reaction. At first I thought the part of "gave up the first round like he always does" was the crowning achievement. Then I thought the part of doing no damage (near KO in reality) from top position was the crowning achievement. Then that last line came. The OP is like one of those Russian dolls... only instead of dolls it is stupidity. One layer on top of another and just when you think you're done... SURPRISE! Stupidity wrapped inside of stupidity covered in stupidity.

some of you guys are clearly in denial.

i get you hate anderson, cause he probably beat your favorite fighter (who is it? hendo? rich? griffin? bonner?) but dont make it this obvious.

acting like anderson got dominated in either fight is stupidity in it self.

acting like he wouldnt stand a chance if they fight again is stupidity wrapped inside of stupidity.

he mopped the floor with him and beat him everywhere. Only effective attack from Anderson was leg kicks in the first fight

wow this thread hasn't been made before.

weidman did win 2 times, fair n square.

nobody disputes that. but why do ppl act as if silva was completely outmatched n weidman dominated from beginning til the end?

in both fights silva gave up the 1st round, like he always does. weidman got his td n did minimal damage while on top. in 2nd fight silva actually did more damage from the bottom, as he busted weidman up. if you watch carefully weidman was completely disoriented at the end of the round. he didnt know where his corner was.

in 2nd round in both fights weidman didnt do much. in 1st fight he tried a telegraphed td n got stuffed n then threw sloppy punches n kicks. in the 2nd fight he was just trying to survive the round, as silva was on the attack.

both fights had a bizarre ending to them. 1st with silva overdoing his mind games n in 2nd with a freak injury. weidman did win on paper, but neither one of those wins prove without a shadow of a doubt that weidman is better than silva.

if or when they fight again silva is still gonna be the favorite to win n silva by tko 2nd or 3rd round seems like the most probable outcome.

It's because Weidman beat him up.

Also, if you are making Anderson the favorite in the next fight, let me know where I can get some if that action.

Look, I think Anderson Silva is arguably the greatest fighter to ever compete in MMA, and am pretty damn certain his footprint in the UFC will be around long after Weidman is just a former champ, but this is silly.

If you went anywhere on Earth (except, apparently, Sherdog) and said "Hey, so these two guys got in a fight twice, and in the first fight one guy got knocked out, and in the second the same guy broke his leg," there's not a single person who wouldn't answer yes to the question of whether that guy got dominated, or not.

You're an idiot if you're making that comparison. And it's his fault if he didn't try in the first fight. Your boy lost, twice, get over it.

1st of all hes not "my boy", i dont hang from fighters nuts, like most of the posters here do. im just a impartial fan of the sport.

2nd nobody said its not his fault, but beating a guy whos not even trying is like having sex with your gf while shes sleeping. doesnt really count.

3rd thats a fair comparison. weidman was on the defensive most of the round n silva was on the attack. that shin break wont happen again if they fight 100 more times. you know that.

Because he did dominate him? The only thing Silva had for Weidman in two fights were a couple of leg kicks in the first fight, and Weidman took that away from him and used it against him in the second fight.

Weidman has proved that he is better than Silva.

I wouldn't say that, he proved that he is better head to head and a bad match up for him. All time not even close yet.

Holy.... freakin... moley. This site, I sometimes cannot understand.

It's irrelevant if he smashed him or not. He won twice. He got his number.
And i am a big Anderson fan btw.

He won every second of their fights, and he messed silva up pretty good.

Back