Why Do Politicians Get Paid

I think you're a bit late to the party to make drastic changes like that, 500-600 years to be accurate, but I support you. In fact, iirc in ancient Greece public office was pro bono work. But anyways, there should be a nominal salary and, while in office and for the next 20 years, your finances should be monitored heavily to make sure you weren't on the take from someone on the outside (the industry). Public service should be uninterested.
Totally agree with this. They should be compensated in some way. Just not as lavishly as they are. And one way to make sure of that is to monitor their finances for kick backs and bribes.

Money bring in too much corruption and since it is a Civil Servents job, why can they live in housing like the Military do on base. Free room and board and you work for the people for life. It's seem like a better way to run a government instead of them making money from outside influence. Time for change. Write your state senator and demand that they introduce a bill that supports this idea.

So they are motivated to get up and make a change in the world. No one should have to work for free. How will they pay their bills?

State senators here are paid a stiped of 90 bucks a day or something when they are in session plus 20 bucks per diem for meals. That's 11 dollars an hour.

City Council make 150 a month. When all is said and done, it's a dollar something an hour after they take taxes out.

I think federal house reps and senators make 174,000 a year. With how much most of them put into it, and factoring in the cost of DC, it's probavly not worth it for the base salary alone.

Only pays to be in politics if you're corrupt it seems.

They should get a PRIDE FC yellow card pay cut for each and every time they say some crazy bullshit on TV. Double pay cut for each time they incite crazy domestic terrorism.

Nah , the people fuck prostitutes , politicians fuck the people .
They're more like the the middle man in the Human centipede. Everytime they're on the receiving end of a thrusting, we feel it too.

Back