Social Why do people watch shows like "The Bachelor" ?

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Curious why people watch shows like "The Bachelor" when it is obviously fake / scripted / contrived ?

Do people who watch such reality TV shows actually believe the controversies and drama is organic?

I assume a lot of people are watching it otherwise it wouldn't be on the air.

I guess they find some form of entertainment from it. Even if the drama is not real. To each their own I suppose.

The reality show formula is a winner and almost fool proof. Everyone likes a tournament. It's why most people, even those who profess to despise reality TV, have one or two "guilty pleasures" within it. They all have the same basic structure that is naturally addictive to watch, whether it's "The Bachelor", "Survivor", "Hells Kitchen", etc. Only real difference is the subject matter and who it appeals to.

I watch these shows to score points with my woman and look at hot chicks that participate in them.

Last edited:
Drama, sex and attractive people, I assume. I've never watched one but know tons of women that love those shows.

because people love TV programs

The reality show formula is a winner and almost fool proof. Everyone likes a tournament. It's why most people, even those who profess to despise reality TV, have one or two "guilty pleasures" within it. They all have the same basic structure that is naturally addictive to watch, whether it's "The Bachelor", "Survivor", "Hells Kitchen", etc. Only real difference is the subject matter and who it appeals to.
Basically this ^^^.

Not my thing as it wore on me quick due to being too formulaic and i haven't watched any of them in over a decade but the formula works.

When people say it is 'scripted' that is not exactly accurate. Most have a framework script but they are not providing lines nor telling the people what to do in most cases.

What 'scripted' means in most instances is the Producers might start with a basically outline (script) that says we need 'a narcissist, an insecure person, a hoe, a gigolo, etc and then we will put them in all sorts of tempting and compromising positions and see what ensues'.

They purposely create (script) the situations where drama is likely to occur but they are not telling anyone how to act or what to do.

So when you are seeing how awful or whorish or wimpy people can be, especially under pressure, many people like to watch that dynamic.

They like to think about fingerbanging the broads on the show.

Because they think it's entertaining, why else?

Females hate other females so the show is a females natural habitat and the looser females that watch get to hate the females on the shows for being bigger loosers. Really brings the ladies together and gives them something to talk about it.

Females hate other females so the show is a females natural habitat and the looser females that watch get to hate the females on the shows for being bigger loosers. Really brings the ladies together and gives them something to talk about it.

B-b-but the sisterhood…! <45>

Back