Why do people think Nick Diaz has chance vs Silva?

Ring rust, K.O followed by massive injury. Stockton slap etc.

Glass chin + overrated striking

Diaz would jab him the hell up before landing a straight right and KOing him further proving that God St. Pierre is the best.

Can't wait for this fight to happen. Nick diaz will take a few shots from Silva but he'll give much more back en route to a TKO, and then real retirement from Silva. Nick Diaz would beat Andos ass if it ever happened. Hope it does.

Unless Silva stops being the offensive machine he is and starts running away like Condit did then it'd be the dogfight we've always wanted while it lasted.

How can anyone think Nick Diaz has a chance against even an aging Anderson Silva. They have similar fighting styles in strike with strong submission game and weak take down defense. The strategy to beat them is fairly similar.

However, even an older Silva is much faster than Diaz. There is also the size difference of Anderson being much larger than Diaz. Diaz tends to win against people who cannot counter punch and AS is a great counter puncher.

Are people serious when they say they want to see AS vs Nick Diaz? The only thing remotely logical about this fight is they are both coming off some form of lay off.

Buy Rate on PPV will be high. That is the only and real reason.

This is the best chance Diaz has to win because Anderson will be 40, coming off a shin injury and was knocked out before that. (hes also coming off 2 losses in a row) <- dat confidence

Diaz definitely stands a chance, especially with Silva's injury and ring rust. To say he doesn't is silly. Does he beat Silva? probably not.

Diaz would be coming off a longer layoff than silva

I don't give Diaz a chance at all, but stylistically, I think it would be a fun fight.

Diaz really hasn't got much of a shot. He's not landing on Silva (Anderson's at least a good of a boxer with great head movement), I doubt Nick could take it too the ground as Anderson would SIGNIFICANTLY outweigh him and can wrestle probably just as well, plus Nick doesn't have the power Anderson has, and is open to take shots. (He's the type to take one just to give one). Plus a longer lay off and seemingly less motivation. Nick would probably have an edge purely on the mat, but he's going to be smaller and I'd say if it goes there, Nick would be on his back. The only reason Nick would take the fight is for money.

Even at 40, everything lines up for Anderson to take Diaz to school. And if the fight is made, that is what the UFC would be hoping for to get Anderson back on track and milk him some more before he retires.

Regardless, I want to see the fight

Because some of us actually understand the sport we're watching. Of course you'll see a large number of "fans" pretending that Diaz has no chance. This has been the theme by Silva's fans for basically every single fight he's been in. They actually believed Sonnen stood no chance, and Weidman, and even convinced themselves he would fight Jones, and get this, not only win but make it look easy.

My money would be on Anderson, but Diaz can give him some very serious problems. The best part is that we all get to watch and see.

Anderson coming off 2 losses has nothing to do with it. Prior to him even losing I would be stating the same exact thing.

Last edited:
If he can summon his inner "Jake Shields" impersonation, Spider is in trouble. :icon_lol:

He's gonna get dominated....Anderson will come out with something to prove vs a smaller guy that is tailor made for him

how would the judges score the taunting doe?
can they both get a 10-8 in the same rd?

...and unlike silva's leg, nick's spirit will never break.

The bold is my point. People are talking in here like Silva should be -600.

He absolutely should be more than -600 against Nick. Closer to like -900.

I really have a hard time seeing Nick even win this fight ~10% of the time even with all the unknowns with Silva.

Prior to Silva's injury he would probably of been like -1700 against Nick.

You did see Nick Diaz fight Daley, Lawler and BJ right? Three fighters with outstanding standup that don't try and cuddle their opponents. During the brief periods that GSP stood with Diaz he was getting lit up to the head and body. When Carlos wasn't running...oh hell, skip that....but you get the drift - Anderson won't be looking to wrestle Diaz and Diaz' combination of toughness, technique and relentlessness always prevails in standup battles.

In 2006-2011 you might give the edge to AS. But it's a 40 year old AS in 2015 probably.

You have to give Diaz at least 50/50.

No clue. This is an absolutely ridiculous mismatch. Anderson could sleepwalk through Diaz.

Back