Why do people think Nick Diaz has chance vs Silva?

Who cares? This is a fight that FIGHT fans want to see. I care more about seeing fights like this then "title" fights at this point....

Because people are retarded. Silva eats chumps like Diaz for breakfast.

I'm in the "he doesn't have a chance but fuck it, throw him in the cage with Silva because it'd be entertaining" camp.

At least it's a fight Diaz is considering, not like gsp who would never step up ti middleweight. All you gsp fans who are so happy that he retired are jokes of mma fans. It's the reason why boxing will always be bigger than mma. Boxing at least has a occasional big fight. Every time the ufc tried to put one on one of the fighters pullout. Only super fight to happen really was gsp vs penn 2. And that more credit to penn for risking his legacy and personal well being. Who we kidding, ufc can't even make there champions defend there belts against the top contenders without whining that they face all the killers. It's called being a champion. So this fight would be fun to watch. Diaz by better jab.

I have no interest in this fight at all. Any smart person knows how this fight is going to end. Silva is going to take Diaz soul and hurt him so bad that he will retire Diaz. Silva will come in very motivated and knowing Nick, he will do or say something stupid that will piss off Silva and light a fight inside Silva. I will watch this fight just to see Diaz fans cry. I like Nick Diaz but him vs Anderson is not good for his health

Nick Diaz has a small chance because Silva is old and coming off a career threatening injury.

Goddamn i want to see this fight.

Shit, if they can pair Caceres against Faber, i don't see how this fight doesn't make sense.

Every clear advantage Anderson possesses is tempered by his age and most recent injury. I still think Anderson finishes him, but there are so many things i find intriguing about this fight.

And as much as i've shit on Diaz before, dude deserves to get paid, and this fight will do just that, and win lose or draw, you KNOW it'll be exciting. PLEASE make this fight.

Does Silva punch harder than Daley and Lawler?

The fight would be interesting and exciting.

According to Sherdog, Andy is 6'2 and Nick is 6'1.

Yes, Silva hits way harder than either of those people. Not to mention, he's about 5 levels above them in terms of skill.

Who cares? This is a fight that FIGHT fans want to see. I care more about seeing fights like this then "title" fights at this point....

No, actually it isn't. It's a fight that people who like seeing one man utterly decimate another man. The only way Nick wins is if Anderson has osteoporosis and his bones shatter from beating the shit out of Nick.

no one thinks Nick will win, they just think it will be a fun fight for however long it lasts

Silva is even scarier with nothing to lose. He doesn't have to worry about a one punch KO. I'd still definitely route for Nick Diaz. Diaz deserves more credit. He's a trash talker but I know where he's coming from. Why should he get paid less than the guy he's fighting when he's in the same fight? Yea the winner can earn more. Is Nick even under a current contract?

Diaz definitely stands a chance, especially with Silva's injury and ring rust. To say he doesn't is silly. Does he beat Silva? probably not.

Diaz will have had more ring rust than Silva. People forget that Diaz has been very INACTIVE the last few years. They just expect him to come out in peak form and I'm not sure that would be the case. How much has he actually trained the last year or so? Does anyone know?

I'm with you. Silva could have taken Diaz halfway through his recovery.

i love diaz and realize he is probly gonna get ko'd if this fight happens. but i still need to see this.

Diaz needs to punch a hole in his fucking chest. Seriously, his only chances are landing some of his hard body shots. Unless he magically picks up head movement & footwork while he was gone, he doesn't stand much of a chance. Sucks he's been wasting his prime since the GSP loss.

Nick/Anderson will look very much like Forrest/Anderson.

A painfully slow, flat footed guy who has no ability to deal with movement, trying to punch Anderson. Anderson dancing around his punches and clowning him horribly before finishing him at any time he chooses.

Nick was completely lost and he could not deal with Carlos Condits movement. Thinking he can deal with Anderson's just shows how piss poor the average shertards fight analysis skills are.

Back