Why do people think Nick Diaz has chance vs Silva?

If he thought Condit was hard to catch... Imagine Anderson.

How can anyone think Nick Diaz has a chance against even an aging Anderson Silva. They have similar fighting styles in strike with strong submission game and weak take down defense. The strategy to beat them is fairly similar.

However, even an older Silva is much faster than Diaz. There is also the size difference of Anderson being much larger than Diaz. Diaz tends to win against people who cannot counter punch and AS is a great counter puncher.

Are people serious when they say they want to see AS vs Nick Diaz? The only thing remotely logical about this fight is they are both coming off some form of lay off.

How can you assume you know the effects that age and a debilitating injury will have on Anderson Silva? Do you not realize your own arrogance?

Diaz will be target practice for AS, only way Diaz wins is if Anderson comes back rusty as hell from the long layoff

Does Silva punch harder than Daley and Lawler?

The fight would be interesting and exciting.

According to Sherdog, Andy is 6'2 and Nick is 6'1.

im a diaz fan, and i really want to see the fight. i still think anderson would win, and probably get the stoppage win on nick. I still want to see the fight though and think it would be exciting as hell, but i'm also not counting nick out.
Anderson is not the same fighter, and now coming off a serious leg injury. nick is still going to be in amazing shape, and is tough as hell. It is very possible Nick could defeat Anderson.

Weidman has made Silva look mortal again + broken leg + close to 40 years old

That equation looks good for most top MWs, let a lone a talented, versatile and durable fighter in Diaz. Diaz has fought and looked big at 180 lb catchweight plus he is close to Anderson's height so the size difference may not be much.

I can admit.....I am somewhat interested in this :redface::redface:

I would be rooting for Diaz if this fight happens. Unfortunately it won't end well for him.

Anderson doesn't turn his back to run away from engaging..

Punching a guy then backing away from his slow-ass counters is still engaging. Calling Carlos Condit a timid fighter will only get you laughed at.

He's old
He's aura of invincibility has gone
He snapped the hell out of his leg
It is unknown if he will be the same fighter when he comes back

There's more TS, but these should do for now.

Although I don't see it going Diaz's way if he somehow pulls out the win I really hope Silva retires. Actually I hope he retires even if he knocks him out in the first frame.

I still want to see Anderson vs GSP.

Diaz is a volume puncher and skilled but he's not beating Anderson. Diaz doesn't check leg kicks one (yeah I went there) has poor striking defense and will be substantially smaller than Anderson. His chin is "shot" is pretty laughable. He's not Big Nog nor is he punch drunk. He's only been KO'd once and while he was hurt in the rematch he recovered. Pretty safe to say that Diaz doesn't hit as hard Weidman. I doubt Nick is going to punch a whole through his fucking chest.

I don't see how Nick is going to win. I like Nick. He makes every fight interesting in and out of the cage but he's not going to fare well against Anderson even at 40.

People make it sound like Anderson is being held together by staples and paper clips.

I don't see Diaz doing great at MW.

they don't

but they still wanna watch and they'll keep asking for it.

just like Hunt-JDS.

they don't

but they still wanna watch and they'll keep asking for it.

just like Hunt-JDS.

what do i have to do to get Hunt vs Overeem II ..?! i've been wanting to see this fight since Overeem joined the UFC pretty much.

as weird as it is, I think that Nicks volume striking and range cause some problems for Anderson.

Back