Why do people think Nick Diaz has chance vs Silva?

nanika

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
How can anyone think Nick Diaz has a chance against even an aging Anderson Silva. They have similar fighting styles in strike with strong submission game and weak take down defense. The strategy to beat them is fairly similar.

However, even an older Silva is much faster than Diaz. There is also the size difference of Anderson being much larger than Diaz. Diaz tends to win against people who cannot counter punch and AS is a great counter puncher.

Are people serious when they say they want to see AS vs Nick Diaz? The only thing remotely logical about this fight is they are both coming off some form of lay off.

Because nobody knows how Silva will come back. He'll be 40 and just off having his shin literally split in half.

Diaz definitely stands a chance, especially with Silva's injury and ring rust. To say he doesn't is silly. Does he beat Silva? probably not.

Everyone has a chance, Diaz might have a slightly better chance than usual since Silva snapped his shin in half, is 40 years old, so no one knows how he'll come back, as the posters above have all said.

That said, it feels Nick Diaz is tailor made for Silva. Slow, plodding striker, who just keeps coming forward with no gameplan and no adjustments throughout the fight.

Are people serious when they say they want to see AS vs Nick Diaz? The only thing remotely logical about this fight is they are both coming off some form of lay off.

Did you ever consider that some may just want the amusement of seeing Nick KTFO'd?

First post nailed it. He's 40. His chin is shot. His leg is snapped. He will never be the same. He should retire because Anderson vs Nick both in primes would be humiliating for Nick.

First post nailed it. He's 40. His chin is shot. His leg is snapped. He will never be the same. He should retire because Anderson vs Nick both in primes would be humiliating for Nick.

I'm pretty sure broken bones can heal.

Diaz always has a chance, the dude just finds a way

Well The good thing for nick is that Anderson won't be too cocky

False hope TS

Nick Diaz has been sitting on the sidelines watching his prime pass him by since he got boxed up by GSP on March 16, 2013.

If he fights Andy in early 2015, it will be almost 2 years since he last fought.

People want us to believe he will outbox Anderson cause you know he isn't going to try to take him down or clinch with him? Andy has one punch knock out power and Nick lacks defense. False hope can be the only explanation.

I'm pretty sure broken bones can heal.

But confidence and mentality can't really. He's not going to be the same killer he was. Especially with his kicking. It will always be in the back of his mind when he throws kicks. And also snapping a bone like that at his age requires rehab and time off which is a killer for a middle age man.

I'm sure not that many people other than Diaz nuthuggers believe he will beat Silva.

But confidence and mentality can't really. He's not going to be the same killer he was. Especially with his kicking. It will always be in the back of his mind when he throws kicks. And also snapping a bone like that at his age requires rehab and time off which is a killer for a middle age man.

I think if anything he just won't throw low kicks. Anderson had never been great at low kicks anyway; he's no Shogun.

He's about done sure, but he should handle Diaz just fine. Diaz doesn't have the power to KO Anderson or the wrestling to take him down.

Because Diaz fans dangle with all their might from his nuts.

For me, the only possibly way I can see Diaz winning this fight is by utilizing those body shots he does so well. He's pretty slow with his hands so I don't see him hitting Anderson's head much. Nick would have back him into the cage and mix it up to the body to wear him down, but with that shitty Diaz-style footwork, I just don't see it happening.

Unless SIlva comes mentally handicapped because of that past injury, it will be like Silva vs Libben.

Because Silva has lost twice to one guy so it means he sucks.

Back