Why do people think Cain can do that to JDS again?

Cain is the type of fighter that can literally do whatever he wants. That being said junior KOs him again.

Because he did it for 25 minutes straight.

It's not like he landed 1 big punch out of nowhere, or sunk a submission at the last possible second. He completely dominated his opponent in every aspect of MMA for 25 minutes straight. I would imagine he could do it again.

Because he did it the last time they fought. Simple logic, really.

JDS has a great chance though. People act as if their first fight was a fluke, but how is it a fluke if a the most vicious striker at HW knocks out the champ? His bread and butter is striking and that's how he won the fight.

Should be a great fight, though. Cain had the standup to match JDS and JDS has the TDD to keep Cain guessing.

Because he did it for 25 minutes straight.

It's not like he landed 1 big punch out of nowhere, or sunk a submission at the last possible second. He completely dominated his opponent in every aspect of MMA for 25 minutes straight. I would imagine he could do it again.

Exactly. This is both an understandable and reasonable conclusion based off of solid evidence. It amazes me that people try compare a flash KO to a one sided beat down, that just amazes me because they are very different. JDS is the best KOer in my opinion but the reality of the situation is that can happen to ANYBODY, it's not a "JDS" thing only. A one sided beat down is a showcase of skills, not a one punch KO, in fact a one punch KO just raises more questions about what COULD have happened if there was actually a "fight", get what I mean?

Because it's Cain and its entirely possible. And I'm rooting badly for Junior. Was there live when Junior won the belt :D

They're 1-1.

When these two guys meet it's about as close to a toss-up as you can get.

And that is a beautiful thing in the HW division. I'm pretty stoked.

I think if you look at the 2 previous fights, Cain is more likely to replicate his win more than JDS is.
Keeping in mind that the longer the fight lasts the more it favors Cain.

Huh? Cains gotta dominate like a mofo after landing a hail mary. Jds can look for that hail mary all night too but if it lands, cain goes out. Jds gets tired; cain goes out.

Why do fans support their favorite fighter? Why do analysts examine evidence and make a statement based on what they know, rather then what they assume?

The fact is, Junior's cardio is not the best. Cain's cardio is much, much better. Cain is a hell of a lot more likely to take Junior down and wear him out then get knocked out again. But it could happen, and I hope it does.

Plus, I heard Junior spent some time training his boxing with the legendary Soulless Schaub for this one. Cain is in for a world of hurt. I'd take Brendan Schaub's boxing over anyone else in the heavyweight division. He's in a different timezone when it comes to speed

cain forced jds to fight his fight at a high pace mixing his striking with tds. jds needs to catch him early or will lose in similar fashion again. since jds is HEAVY hitter he should try to counter cain's tds with knees and uppercuts instead of getting drained by defending tds. that way he could at least slow cain's pace in forching him to pick his shots and tds making best of the inferior stamina he has compared to cain.

Fans only remember the last fight , remember Cain had no chance going into the rematch. If a guy wins a fight, then it is an immutable law of nature that the fighter would have always win the fight and will always win the fight.

What I don't understand is how people don't all love both these guys.

Two of the best ambassadors for the sport going round.

I mean, Cain didn't dominate a 100 percent JDS, JDS totally gassed in the first. Cain was fighting a tired man who was probably at around half strength. All props to Cain for actually GETTING JDS tired, but, what makes you think he can sap his strength again? I saw that as a total fluke, no well prepared fighter at this level gets tired that bad in the first unless something goes horribly wrong.

JDS is the smart money in this one.

People are just eating up Joe Rogan's commentary, when he so outlandishly declared that Cain in the second fight was the "real" Velasquez. Whatever that means....

Both fights were giant punches, but I don't think Cain is going to get that huge punch again and JDS is going to have 5 rounds to find his.

I feel like Cain could have EASILY finished JDS in the 1st or 2nd round in that fight, seemed like he was just playing it safe. Lots of people seem to forget that.

I'm so happy I'm going to this show. I can't wait for this fight. I think it'll be different then the first two fights. A longer competitive fight. I'm hoping for JDS but if I had to put money down I'd probably lay it on Cain

I mean, Cain didn't dominate a 100 percent JDS, JDS totally gassed in the first. Cain was fighting a tired man who was probably at around half strength. All props to Cain for actually GETTING JDS tired, but, what makes you think he can sap his strength again? I saw that as a total fluke, no well prepared fighter at this level gets tired that bad in the first unless something goes horribly wrong.

JDS is the smart money in this one.

JDS MAY be smart money, that's subjective. But your reasoning in logic is objectively horrendous. Please re-read what you just wrote, and answer your own question.

Cain beats JDS 9 out of 10 times. Cain is better everywhere the fight goes, JDS has a puncher's chance (how he won the first fight).

UFC-155-Junior-dos-Santos-vs-Cain-Velasquez-Full-Fight-Video.jpg

jds2_zps8f9ce725.jpg

Cain-JDS.jpg

Cain beats JDS 9 out of 10 times. Cain is better everywhere the fight goes, JDS has a puncher's chance (how he won the first fight).

UFC-155-Junior-dos-Santos-vs-Cain-Velasquez-Full-Fight-Video.jpg

jds2_zps8f9ce725.jpg

Cain-JDS.jpg

100% Agree. Cain will finish JDS by TKO this time by the end of the third round

Back