Why do people still...........

Moneymma

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
think weidman beating silva was fluke and that condit would beat t-wood if he didnt get injured
just curious to see what makes you think condit(Silva) would beat t-wood(weedman).what have you seen in their fights that made you think that?i belive they got dominated the whole fight and didnt show signs of coming back and taking over.

It's impossible to say definitively.

If you wanted to get really technical you could probably make an argument that Patrick Cote could have beaten Anderson Silva if his knee didn't blow out mid fight.

I don't think both Weidman's victories over Silva were fluke, he used the right efficient techniques and combos to defeat Silva. Read numerous articles about those fights (most notably by Jack Slack and Connor Ruebusch).

As for Condit vs Woodley, I thought initially that Woodley would wilt in the 3rd round where Condit would finish him, but then I abandoned this idea. Besides, Condit was too content to bumrush on Woodley while the latter was countering him (see this video). In 5-round fight Condit would definitely win, his cardio and pace are perfectly suited for it.

I don't think both Weidman's victories over Silva were fluke, he used the right efficient techniques and combos to defeat Silva. Read numerous articles about those fights (most notably by Jack Slack and Connor Ruebusch).

As for Condit vs Woodley, I thought initially that Woodley would wilt in the 3rd round where Condit would finish him, but then I abandoned this idea. Besides, Condit was too content to bumrush on Woodley while the latter was countering him (see this video). In 5-round fight Condit would definitely win, his cardio and pace are perfectly suited for it.

dont think so,he was getting taken down at will and wood landed harder shots,was faster etc.
condit would have better chanse in 5 round fight that is 4 sure

It's hard to say how Woodley vs Condit would have gone.

It's impossible to say definitively.

If you wanted to get really technical you could probably make an argument that Patrick Cote could have beaten Anderson Silva if his knee didn't blow out mid fight.

this
while it is impossible to know,you have to consider the fact that they got dominated and didnt show anything that made could make me think they even stood a chanse
it just as ignorant as cote beating silva argument

based on what we saw in rd1 and 2-woodley via total domination

Yeh, I bet there were a couple people who left the bar after the 4th round of Silva vs Sonnen 1 to beat the traffic.

Yeh, I bet there were a couple people who left the bar after the 4th round of Silva vs Sonnen 1 to beat the traffic.

touche
anything could happen-woodley could ko him or sub him(see how unlikely that sound)
all im saying is based on what we saw is-woodley>condit
it was not a fluke.btw condit would have the same chanse as cote vs silva if he didnt get injured or medeiros vs khabilov

Marquadt got hurt BAD by Woodley in their fight and then knocked Woodley out cold just a round later so...

NO,it was close fight(unlike condit one).he did get hurt,but he also hurt woodley in early rounds

Condit was turning up the heat and Woodley was slowing down that's why. Everyone knows after the second round is where Condit thrives... He drags you to the deep and then drowns you.

Condit was turning up the heat and Woodley was slowing down that's why. Everyone knows after the second round is where Condit thrives... He drags you to the deep and then drowns you.

woodly wasnt slowing down,dont give in to rogan bias and 'guys with big muscles' argument. i know condit gets better as the fight goes on,but didnt look that good vs gsp in later rounds(dude only landed one highkick and didnt even win any rounds).woodley fight would likely end the same way

What if Mir wouldn't have wrecked his motorcycle? How long would he have reigned on the HW division? Same for Brock and his injury. Oh wait...I'm doing it wrong.

woodly wasnt slowing down,dont give in to rogan bias and 'guys with big muscles' argument. i know condit gets better as the fight goes on,but didnt look that good vs gsp in later rounds(dude only landed one highkick and didnt even win any rounds).woodley fight would likely end the same way

I don't listen to commentary. And trust me watch how Woodley started the fight then watch as it went later, he was no doubt slowing down. Also Condit was obviously turning it up before the injury. I'm not saying he was gonna win but I have no doubts he would have taken the 3rd round.

cant really compare the 2.

in both silva/weidman fights weidman slowed down significantly in the 2nd round n silva (slow starter) usually picks up the pace. both fights were starting to look like any other silva fight: silva studies the opponent, gets his timing, n finishes him after landing a brutal/precise strike. if not for bizarre endings, silva most probably finishes weidman in 3rd in both fights.

on the other hand condict literally had nothing for woodley. he was getting beat in every aspect. he was getting out grappled n beat up standing. he was probably lucky to sustained thaty knee injury, cause his knight wouldve been long.

think weidman beating silva was fluke and that condit would beat t-wood if he didnt get injured
just curious to see what makes you think condit(Silva) would beat t-wood(weedman).what have you seen in their fights that made you think that?i belive they got dominated the whole fight and didnt show signs of coming back and taking over.

Maybe because in the first fight in the second round Weidman couldn't take Anderson down,was gassed and stood in front of him while Anderson was clowning and mocking him to the death?Even Okami looked more dangerous,that's why Anderson took his clowing to a new level and paid for it(deservingly).

Second fight Weidman landed a weird punch in clinch and Anderson did more damage from the bottom than Weidman on top and when the second round started Weidman looked gassed and dwon again.

We'll never know what would've happened,but thinking that Weidman showed nothing in both second rounds that you could possibly think he was going to win the fight.

Weidman wasn't killing him like Cain vs JDS or seomething.

He landed like 20 strikes in those fights and they were in Anderson's guard lol

Back