Why do people seem to hate and not forgive some fighters for PEDs but....

TheNinja

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
....give others a pass all the time? For example Anderson is getting destroyed and basically people saying his legend is tarnished. People hate Vitor and bring up PEDs all the time. People will NEVER forgive Cyborg for her steroids.

Yet nobody gives a crap about guys like Barnett, Chael, King Mo, Leben, Nate M., Rothwell.

Is it just b/c some of the people are more well known or higher up the ladder?

how many of those you named were in conversation for goat? I think anderson is getting besmirched mainly because of his reputation and is resume. If Lebron popped for roids and also someone like JR Smith popped, who do you think would get more criticism? The athlete that is better and more well know.

Anderson is in his own fantasy about it all. I think that's what people are mostly mad about.

I think it's a champ vs. challenger issue. Barnette got it pretty hard.

russell-johnson-professor.jpg

Anderson could have easily come out and said he did it because of the injury. Which most people that know about roids, considering the type he got caught for, would know that was bullshit. But most people I see on here know nothing about the sauce, say they would believe him and just give him a pass. Instead, he's blaming it on dick pills.

Another reason could be, because Anderson was on top for so long and people had their suspicions.

Then he fails. THEN, we find out the first time he failed was also the first time he'd ever been tested out of competition.

If you're not a champ, it's looked at more of an act of desperation. IE, you weren't good enough so you felt the need to cheat. Scummy, but you can sympathize with it to some degree.

If you're the champ, or in the discussion for GOAT, then for your legacy to be meaningful it has to be viewed as untainted.

Nobody blames the losers for cheating, after all they're not that great in the first place. If you're truly the best, you shouldn't need to cheat.

I'm starting to let go and realize that most if not all fighters are using. It's the ones that are roided to the gills that have me worried. trt vitor and cyborg.

Because people really care about a retired Chris Leben and King Mo. They don't give these people a pass they just don't give a shit.

....give others a pass all the time? For example Anderson is getting destroyed and basically people saying his legend is tarnished. People hate Vitor and bring up PEDs all the time. People will NEVER forgive Cyborg for her steroids.

Yet nobody gives a crap about guys like Barnett, Chael, King Mo, Leben, Nate M., Rothwell.

Anderson was acting holier than thou before he got busted. all his talk about how if you caught cheating, it means you have been cheating all along, and how if you have to resort to cheating, you shouldnt fight at all.
Vitor is extremely religious. people who act like they are better than you and cheat rub a lot of people wrong.
Cyborg? I dont see a lot of hate for her. it is only brought up by Ronda's flap worms when the fight is being mentioned.
those who cheat and then man up and say they did wrong dont get a lot of hate usually.

Nobody really cares about King Mo.

Meanwhile, the white guys seem to catch less flak. Not acknowledging it doesn't make it less true.

Fuck at least Vitor was honest about his TRT use(kind of). I say kind of because I suspect he was using the TUE as an excuse to use much stronger anabolic hormones but I have absolutely no proof of that other than that he's been popped for roids in the past.

I admittedly love Vitor's fighting style though, same goes for Wanderlei.

Barnett got a lot of shit for his use of PEDs

Chael's legacy is a joke at this point so it means nothing trying to further discredit him.

Leben is Leben, PEDs or not the fans are gonna love him.

No one talks about King Mo anymore.

Same goes for Rothwell.

Noticed that all the people you mention that are hated on, are Brazilian.

Thats your answer

Plus don't forget all the pride guys.

Sooooo why don't you just plainly state that you think Brazillians get it worse for juicing, and not play dumb about your list.

Chael got an enormous amount of shit when he was popped against Anderson. Sean Sherk got crucified on the forums. The reason Cyborg gets it so bad is that she's a woman trying to build her body into that of a mans. Anderson is in contention for GOAT and to get hit with PED's puts a whole career into question.

Chael gets a pass because the first time he was on something that was legal at the time and the second time he admitted it and retired like a professional should when they get caught

Back