Why do people say Luke has no chin?

His chin is bad, his endurance sucks, and his defense is atrocious. His KO losses usually occur by the first clean shot that connects
Well, yeah.... but that is true for most fighters.
That's why people coined the phrase "on the button".

I don't know if he has a "chin" that is worst than most fighters. I think it is the placement of his actual chin that is the problem. No, Bisping isn't known as a hard hitter. He did give himself a good base on that left hand, but that isn't what did it. The angle of that shot and the way that Rockhold's head was hanging there with no absorption mechanism...almost no one survives that. Not much to say about the Romero shot. That's a ridiculous hard-hitting dude, landing on a guy standing straight up, who (supposedly) had a horrible unhealthy weight cut. His chin isn't granite. His biggest problem though is the way he stands and his reaction to being hurt. He is a phenomenal grappler and you'd think he had never been shown what to do in order to recover before.

Just because someone got KO'd a couple of times doesn't mean he has no chin
Lets be serious, that spinning kick from a juiced up to the tits Vitor would knock out a baby rhino
giphy.gif
d t
The Romero KO
That uppercut at the end, who really could take such a bomb?
EasygoingThirstyHammerheadbird-size_restricted.gif

Now the Bisping KO is weird, because Bisping isn't known for his KO power, but that was as a clean left hook as I have ever seen
giphy-downsized-large.gif

I don't think his chin is as bad as people say
If by clean left hook you mean it hit him right on the fulcrum of the chin, sure. If by clean left hook you mean by technically, and powerfully clean, then no it wasn’t. That’s a nasty punch by bisping and even more embarrassing for Luke that of all punches that flailing finger punch knocked him out

It's pretty obvious from just looking at home that he has a weak chin. Small head, small jaw, small chin = weak chin most of the time. Rockhold simply doesn't have the facial bone structure of a fighter.

Last edited:
New addition:
giphy.gif

Seriously, who can eat this

New addition:
giphy.gif

Seriously, who can eat this

Yes, his problem is getting blasted on the sweet spot with massive bombs. The majority of fighters would at the very least be severely rocked from that, aside from the freaks like Roy Nelson.

Back