Why do people say Luke has no chin?

Lawblaw

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Just because someone got KO'd a couple of times doesn't mean he has no chin
Lets be serious, that spinning kick from a juiced up to the tits Vitor would knock out a baby rhino
giphy.gif
d t
The Romero KO
That uppercut at the end, who really could take such a bomb?
EasygoingThirstyHammerheadbird-size_restricted.gif

Now the Bisping KO is weird, because Bisping isn't known for his KO power, but that was as a clean left hook as I have ever seen
giphy-downsized-large.gif

I don't think his chin is as bad as people say

Update:

giphy.gif

Seriously, not a lot of fighters can take such shots

Last edited:
His chin is bad, his endurance sucks, and his defense is atrocious. His KO losses usually occur by the first clean shot that connects

He took a few decent shots against Weidman and Branch but when you have losses that all come from KO it's safe to say you don't have the best chin.

Because literally his only losses are by knockout

Because he got knocked out by pillow fist volume puncher Bisping, and then also got knocked out by Romero.

luke is skilled but his defense is awful. he has to tighten that up or he will eat big shots over and over. his career is still far from over tho, i think he has a lot in the tank and 205 has some big fights for him. the easier cut may help his chin and endurance

Jesus christ I thought that Romero bomb might have killed him. That was vicious and awesome

I would agree, it's not so much that he doesn't have a chin it's more so about his HORRENDOUS striking defense, and at the higher weight classes, you can't afford to have terrible striking defense.

You act like he's fighting at HW. The guy has been stopped with strikes 4 times (including 1 to Bisping who is not a power puncher) and was even lit up by David Branch ffs. He definitely has a below average chin.

What is more troubling is his ego. The guy has taken tough losses but instead of coming back motivated and improving, he neglects to fix the holes in his defense and spends his time crying and complaining.

What people fail to realize about Rockhold is that his last win of significance was in 2015 over a guy who is 1-3 since then. Take an honest look at Rockhold's UFC record... out of all of his wins, who is still relevant? I'm not disparaging the wins AT THE TIME they occurred but in terms of "he beat this guy who is also still relevant"... you won't find anyone. Rockhold, especially if he is going to 205, might be near the end of his run near the top IMHO

LOL starts thread defending this man's chin and shows prime examples of his weak chin.

Show the clips from his fight with Branch where he was rocked on his feet and nearly finished.

This guy's fighting career is on life support. He may look good, be fit but I haven't seen a contender in that guy in a while.

Just because someone got KO'd a couple of times doesn't mean he has no chin
Lets be serious, that spinning kick from a juiced up to the tits Vitor would knock out a baby rhino
giphy.gif
d t
The Romero KO
That uppercut at the end, who really could take such a bomb?
EasygoingThirstyHammerheadbird-size_restricted.gif

Now the Bisping KO is weird, because Bisping isn't known for his KO power, but that was as a clean left hook as I have ever seen
giphy-downsized-large.gif

I don't think his chin is as bad as people say
All those shots would put someone out i agree. Bisping isnt a monster puncher but that shot had some pop to it in just the right place. Lukes head snapped back pretty good

Probably the Bisping KO, but as you say, it was clean and on the button, plus Bisping was coming forward and leaned into it. I’m interested to see Luke at LHW, if cutting less makes a difference.

That Vitor kick + GnP is so fucking good. Ate 5 bombs in 5 seconds

<{JustBleed}>

Rockhold has a weak chin and zero recovery. The Romero shot that knocked him down was nothing special, He made Bisping look like Tyson.
CloseComplicatedGordonsetter.gif

You say they're massive shots because he was knocked out by them.

Chicken or the egg? Plenty of fighters have taken similar punches without going down.

My humble guess to this potential troll thread would be 3 of his losses are by KO and the remaining loss was by TKO?? None of which were body shot KO/TKO?

Maybe that is why?

Back