Why do people say Jones wins by size advantage, but no one said the same about Gus?

Because Jones is the equivalent of a cheap Tekken or Soul Calibur player, where they keep winning by doing cheap, but admittedly legal moves, and you keep losing to him.

Gus is the equivalent of a player who wins on knowing the combos and frame counts.

One makes you throw the controller across the room in frustration, the other makes you shake your head and say "damn you're good."

Its simple its because Jones is that good and the haters cant stand it and hate to accept it, and ofcourse the biggest reason is because Jones is black ( yea the race card bitches which is called = the truth ) so they will never give him props, it will always be Jones fault and he will always be blamed for something.

This is a perfect example of it, If Jones said the sky is blue the shertards would say no its not.

There we go. What took you so long for you to bring this up? :icon_lol:

You're losing your edge man.

I acknowledge that about both guys, do I get a prize?

Get a prize for what? Not being blinded on purpose and telling lies to yourself like all the other Jones haters and Gus nuthuggers? Thats something you should be doing every day in life for your own benefit.

Truth to what you say , however watching Gus fight , he circles and boxes...

Jones stays away with a palm in your face, until he clinches you and by then you're taken down.

That's why when they both fought, Gus still circled and beat jones, and jones struggled to get takedowns.

One is skill regardless of size, and one is clearly negated by size .

^^^ this.

There we go. What took you so long for you to bring this up? :icon_lol:

You're losing your edge man.

I understand you are my number one fan and troll me all day everyday on sherdog, but for the first time in your life, try to be constructive.

Because Gus isn't afraid to close the distance? Good question.

Jones is huge compared to even big LWHs, as for Gus he just isn't as dominate as jones is so they give him a break on the size thing. When you are champ also there will be more scrutiny.

And like another guy said on here, Gus's reach was listed at around 76inches the entire time before the jones fight happened and then for some odd reason it suddenly changed to like 81, go figure.

Get a prize for what? Not being blinded on purpose and telling lies to yourself? Thats something you should be doing every day in life for your own benefit.

I didn't really expect a prize Shoalin:rolleyes:.

My point was that people do acknowledge Alex' use of reach against Shogun.

Truth to what you say , however watching Gus fight , he circles and boxes...

Jones stays away with a palm in your face, until he clinches you and by then you're taken down.

That's why when they both fought, Gus still circled and beat jones, and jones struggled to get takedowns.

One is skill regardless of size, and one is clearly negated by size .

Gus almost got finished by a gassed injured Jones, Gus has gotten rocked by Thiago Silva, Shogun and taken down by old fat retirement Shogun, All while being bigger than Jones but for some reason you Jones haters always bring up size when it comes to Jones.

Jones has a injured toe, so it was pretty easy for Gus to look good against a injured fighter wasnt it? Jones toe injury affected his TDD and his ability to take down Gus, after all thats how he injured his foot in the first place.

Because even though gus has a 1inch hight advantage Jones had snow almost 5inch reach advantage. Freaky long arms.

Why do people say Jones wins mostly due to size and reach advantage, and by beating on smaller fighters or fighters out of their primes (e.g. Shogun)...

but no one said the same about Gus, when Gus is taller and has nearly the same reach and he also fought Shogun who is smaller and is out of his prime?

Are people truly this blinded by their own biases? :cool:

100% bias...no one would actually admit it though...they will play the semantics game :icon_lol:

Because everyone hypes us Jones as this p4p goat when he is only fights a bunch of mws. He got his ass whooped fighting someone his size. His style was pretty much neutralized bexause of that.

Why do people say Jones wins mostly due to size and reach advantage, and by beating on smaller fighters or fighters out of their primes (e.g. Shogun)...

but no one said the same about Gus, when Gus is taller and has nearly the same reach and he also fought Shogun who is smaller and is out of his prime?

Are people truly this blinded by their own biases? :cool:

Because Jones beat the crap of former legends in their prime (other factors as well as we've seen on this forum)

Haters wish to hate

Because everyone hypes us Jones as this p4p goat when he is only fights a bunch of mws. He got his ass whooped fighting someone his size. His style was pretty much neutralized bexause of that.

His style was mostly neutralized because Gus is a badass. People need to give more credit. Jones has ragdolled guys his own size before.

I didn't really expect a prize Shoalin:rolleyes:.

My point was that people do acknowledge Alex' use of reach against Shogun.

tbh, I've never seen anyone say Gus is picking on smaller guys, or discredit Gus's successes because of his obvious size advantage

Fighting style, and Yes Jones is Bigger, and he still got longer reach.

Gus was pretty hyped also because of his dominant performances...he looked pretty ordinary and beatable against Jones also

tbh, I've never seen anyone say Gus is picking on smaller guys, or discredit Gus's successes because of his obvious size advantage

The Shogun fight was the first time I thought "Wow, he's using that reach incredibly well". I've always thought that about Jones.

Back