Social Why do people need horror movies ?

f*** yes you don't I'm talking about which is good because that's more than I know what I'm talking about
Haha I always understand you!!

lol you threaded it iirc watching it and giving your pbp thread for the movie.

that was an epic movie on so many levels. So good, such a nic cage film!

I like campy old 80's horror for the tight & fit babes and titties.

Haha I always understand you!!

lol you threaded it iirc watching it and giving your pbp thread for the movie.

that was an epic movie on so many levels. So good, such a nic cage film!

It was a pretty good movie and visually very interesting as well good times

Are they not informed about sad and awful things happening on a daily basis , isn't that more then enough horror ? How can it be that there is an audience and movie makers interested to make them while there are still so many real life horror stories ?
Express your thoughts.
Fantasy beats reality (in this case).

People like a thrill. Why do they ride roller coasters?

I think the heighten adrenaline rush you get from seeing a very well done horror movie. It's like a fix.

It's also just to escape from real life. It takes your mind off your problems at that moment.

Democrat detected

Who me? How'd you know? I haven't even said anything yet? :D

Seriously, though. A love for horror doesn't belong to any particular political ideology. I've known hardcore horror fans from all walks of life, from every political party & from just about every religious background ( although your Evangelicals don't much go in for horror from what I've seen, then again, I don't think they're supposed to watch any movies at all aside from Biblical epics & "inspirational" films ).

Myself, I've been a horror fan from my earliest memories. The very first film that I can recall watching in its entirety was a late-night showing of Mario Bava's BLACK SUNDAY when I was about five-years-old. Even before that, I remember seeing THE MUNSTERS & THE ADDAMS FAMILY on reruns & being enthralled by the spooky atmosphere of their houses. From that point on, I was in love with anything to do with monsters & horror.

And five decades later on down the line & not much has changed. I still love horror films of all kinds.
Why?
Who knows?
I'm sure there's some sort of deep-seated psychological reason buried inside of me somewhere but I've never cared enough to get to the bottom of it. All I know is that I've always enjoyed them & that they're cool as hell. LOL.
Honestly, others have already provided terrific answers to the question before me. So, I'll leave it at that.

It's the visceral thrill of undertaking trauma, in somewhat safe capacity -- similar to eating spicy foods, riding a roller coaster, trolling the readily triggered, shirking rules, putting a finger up your butt in the shower not because it's a gay thing but you just want to see, etc. That's how you get to PSYCHO.

Back