Social Why do people need horror movies ?

Your Account

reacted to your score
@Silver
Reaction score
Are they not informed about sad and awful things happening on a daily basis , isn't that more then enough horror ? How can it be that there is an audience and movie makers interested to make them while there are still so many real life horror stories ?
Express your thoughts.

Adrenaline Junkies Brooooo
tenor.gif

It's just entertainment, people have always been interested in scary stories throughout history.

For others it can be a a thrill, a way to experience fear or dread without the real life consequences.

<PlusJuan><PlusJuan><PlusJuan>

Listen to this very smart and handsome poster who gets all the women’s wet just looking at them, whilst not just being good looking but could beat anyone up if he wanted to.

<mma4>

That's a really strong argument for the point I was making, bud! I approve!

My wife is a big fan of horror movies but I typically hate them

I'm more into more silly type things like evil dead

I like some of the American horror stories especially the apocalypse season
Have you ever seen Drag Me To Hell? I think you would like that, it's made by Sam Raimi after all

I think it's about getting a scare but still being somewhat safe.
The news is just depressing and worrying.
I like supernatural horror but not so much slasher stuff.
Mind you I watched Hereditary and really thought the guy who made it has some issues. It was like wtf level disturbing.

Alot of new horror sucks.
CGI ruins alot of it for me.
I've always been really into practical effects and seeing and figuring out how they achieve them.
It's kinda like solving a puzzle.
Older stuff usually had more of a balance between sillyness and Horror too so they were fun.
I've always been more into horror that has creatures or some kind of supernatural element to it. Stuff that I won't see everyday.
Horror where the killer is just some regular dude is usually kind of boring to me unless it is a Really well written character.

Back