Why do people insist Nick Diaz is elite?

Because guys use them so they don't have to posture up and create space, follow along and stop changing the narrative. Your bullshit reasoning is wrong.

Diaz acknowledged GSP's elbow in the post fight. Which you refused too. Nick was aware GSP was building up to it. Which was a catalyst for his other complaints about elbows.

Diaz acknowledged GSP's elbow in the post fight. Which you refused too. Nick was aware GSP was building up to it. Which was a catalyst for his other complaints about elbows.

"No offense but you have no punching power" - Nick Diaz to GSP post fight

"No offense but you have no punching power" - Nick Diaz to GSP post fight

What a gangster. Those words mean so much after fighting like a scared punk, ass perked up for most of the fight.

What a gangster. Those words mean so much after fighting like a scared punk, ass perked up for most of the fight.

Scared punk that stood and ktfo Paul Daley and Robbie Lawler lol GTFO with your bullshit, clown. GSP won the fight, that's all that matters but insinuating that Nick Diaz was scared of a ground fight with GSP who did ZERO damage on the ground essentially is fucking laughable. He would have stayed down there all night and not had a thing done to him, GSP cuddled his ass.

Because a stoned Nick held his own against a roided up Silva?

People need to stop with this fantasy that BJ was old and washed up. He was coming off a draw in a fight where he won two rounds against the consensus number 2 WW in the world at the time in Jon Fitch. Nick has really good wins and has been competitive against the elite, some argue he beat Condit and he was competitive almost every round against Silva who was much larger.

Speaking as a big fan of BJ, I don't think he was a top WW when he fought Fitch or when he fought Nick. Fitch likely deserved the #2 ranking at the time, but in no way was he still the 2nd best WW in the world when BJ fought him, and, honestly, BJ deserved a loss in that fight. The BJ win isn't insignificant, but it's not a particularly relevant WW win at that point in time. I actually think that Nick's quality as a fighter surpasses his resume which isn't particularly good. Had he been active over the last 4 years, I think he would have shown he's right around being a top 5 talent who only loses to the best. Unfortunately, we haven't gotten to see it.

He always comes up short against the top guys and a young robbie lawler and gomi are his best wins, aside from that an old BJ Penn, the rest were mid teir fighters.

Now dont get me wrong he is exciting as hell but he is constantly complaining about guys just wanting to take him down (uh part of the sport and all the elite fighters learn how to deal with it) but when he fought Anderson he barely tried much, there was his chance to get into a war that he always wants and yet he didnt commit to much.

With condit instead of complaining about baby kicks he should have cut the ring off or countered but he is not that skilled at doing so.

Again he is fun to watch and beats guys who come to brawl but when you dont play his game he never tries to do something about it, he sits back and complains.

I love Nick and logged in to inform you nobody thinks he's elite, but looking at some of these responses clearly I'm wrong. o_O

We need to see nick vs robby 2. I got the feeling when we see it, it won't be for a belt

Speaking as a big fan of BJ, I don't think he was a top WW when he fought Fitch or when he fought Nick. Fitch likely deserved the #2 ranking at the time, but in no way was he still the 2nd best WW in the world when BJ fought him, and, honestly, BJ deserved a loss in that fight. The BJ win isn't insignificant, but it's not a particularly relevant WW win at that point in time. I actually think that Nick's quality as a fighter surpasses his resume which isn't particularly good. Had he been active over the last 4 years, I think he would have shown he's right around being a top 5 talent who only loses to the best. Unfortunately, we haven't gotten to see it.

It's significant because BJ won two out of three rounds against Jon Fitch who was unquestionably the number two WW in the world, then months later Nick beat BJ up badly. BJ was bouncing back and forth between weight classes so he likely wasn't ranked right in either class but he won two or three rounds against Fitch. It's unfortunate the way Nick's career has gone, he's top 5 talent but hasn't had the fights to go out and prove it. His last 4 fights were against Penn, Condit, GSP and Anderson Silva, no one has fought that level of GOAT's in mma during that period. He missed out on opportunities to build his resume because of all the suspension stuff which is unfortunate. Other guys during the same time have been getting solid wins, he hasn't.

Nick vs Lawler . Yes Lawler has gotten better...but SO HAS NICK! Nick beat the champ
Since their last fight lawler is becoming a legend, while Nick just looks for his weed dealer.

What has Nick done since he got back to the UFC? beat unmotivated Penn, lost to Condit/GSP and lost to roidy Silva

I know you think that. The problem for you is, I don't.

Because you don't live in reality, you live in fantasyland where you try to degrade a fighter while making up a completely false narrative.

All that needs to be said is that Nicks most memorable win was over 10 years ago and his fans have been holding onto to it for dear life now that Robbie has become champion. In their mind it validates all of his loses and choked opportunities.

Last edited:
Since their last fight lawler is becoming a legend, while Nick just looks for his weed dealer.

What has Nick done since he got back to the UFC? beat unmotivated Penn, lost to Condit/GSP and lost to roidy Silva

It's sad what happened to Nick's career since the Condit fight, mostly by his own doing. He could be going out there and beating guys like Matt Brown but he has lost his prime years. He lost out on a lot of potential wins.

Back