Why do people hate on Conor?

skinny starving conor that fought speed bump marcus brimmage was the best conor...

Him beating Aldo was the second most impressive thing that I saw outside Royce Gracie in UFC 1.

I hold Aldo in a very high regard, and to talk all that and walk the walk, it's unprecedented.

Some may compare him to Sonnen, who is a journeyman, who also happen to be a felon, a snitch, a cheater, and just not worth your time or mine, which I don't think is a fair comparison.

I don't really get the Conor hate, and personally, Conor is the greatest of all time if he beats Khabib. There's no argument there, and unfortunately replaces the GOAT list as Conor, Fedor and GSP.

Why do you hate Conor?

Because of his load gargling knob gobbler fans. Saying he will be the goat at every turn, doesn’t help. Essentially you’re the reason people hate on Conor.

Last edited:
Him beating Aldo was the second most impressive thing that I saw outside Royce Gracie in UFC 1.

I hold Aldo in a very high regard, and to talk all that and walk the walk, it's unprecedented.

Some may compare him to Sonnen, who is a journeyman, who also happen to be a felon, a snitch, a cheater, and just not worth your time or mine, which I don't think is a fair comparison.

I don't really get the Conor hate, and personally, Conor is the greatest of all time if he beats Khabib. There's no argument there, and unfortunately replaces the GOAT list as Conor, Fedor and GSP.

Why do you hate Conor?
It’s more I hate what happened to the ufc during the Conor era. Fighters getting matched up less due to merit and more to do with who casuals recognize. The ufc also accelerated its move towards a wwe model when Conor came around. Couple that with his annoying fan base, his cringe worthy antics and that shitty boxing match and I don’t care for him, though hates a stretch. Also you need a better ufc record then 10-1 ( if he beats khabib to be in the goat talks.)

Not at all. I am not a Conor fan but

to beat TWO guys who were undefeated in 10 years or so....in two different weight classes....

unprecedented...
And in his prime lost to fighter with a 19-10 record who took the fight on short notice....unprecedented

I absolutely love him as a fighter, but the other shit like throwing a dolly at a bus is lame.

Can't wait to see him fight Khabib, but I'm torn since I like both of them.

I don't hate him for that. I think Khabib comes out more of a bully than Conor out of whole thing. Conor was more like a group on group, and Khabib was more like 8 vs 1. I don't really think he meant to hurt anyone throwing a dolly at a bus, really. Wouldn't be the best way to go about it if you were trying to hurt someone,

The better question here is why do people like Conor?

That’s easy, Conor gives people with no accomplishments of their own something to justify their own identities by appropriating his accomplishments.

And in his prime lost to fighter with a 19-10 record who took the fight on short notice....unprecedented

It's true. That's an argument against I suppose. I think it's kinda like Tim Sylvia Mercer fight, bad match ups can lead to upsets.

Because he hasn't fought for two years and hasnt been injured. It's really hard to support any fighter that refuses to fight. I was a fan when he was fighting and kept talking about being an active champion. He changed for the worse.

Jealousy. Truly hating another man for his success or misery (if you have no connection to him besides being a fan of MMA) is a bitch move
People who get a kick from others misery are truly flawed.

Why do you hate Conor?

I don't agree how he is treated and his antics but he isaucceaafull and a sick fighter. Success attracts this shit. Every great fighter has haters

Why does anyone have an opinion of anyone else?

It's true. That's an argument against I suppose. I think it's kinda like Tim Sylvia Mercer fight, bad match ups can lead to upsets.
Styles do make fights and I think he will always have problems with Nate. (Ali/Frazier) I dont really dislike Conor.

Actually, I have mad respect for him for coming back and fight Diaz again with a better plan. Just he doesnt belong in GOAT cnversations

I don't hate him for that. I think Khabib comes out more of a bully than Conor out of whole thing. Conor was more like a group on group, and Khabib was more like 8 vs 1. I don't really think he meant to hurt anyone throwing a dolly at a bus, really. Wouldn't be the best way to go about it if you were trying to hurt someone,
I don't "hate" him for anything. Maybe he didn't plan on having shattered glass cut people's faces and eyes, but it was a dumb decision to even be in that position, and it fucked up the card a bit. But I still love him as a fighter.

People dont hate Conor, they hate his fans. And some of it comes from him being overhyped and screwing with the structure of the divisions. Conor is a fun fighter but the negative aspects he brought with him to the sport , regardless if it's unintentional or not , just makes me wish he never happened

The better question here is why do people like Conor?

I don't know probably because win or lose he puts on exciting fights and either finishes or gets finished? Always willing to take the bigger challenges to challenge himself, it's also impressive watching him turn those bigger challengers into more fighter than any other fighter will ever earn anytime soon. He shows up to fights and doesn't pull out, his trash talk can be childish and forced sometime, but since the UFC fail at promoting he has to use their platform some how right?

Its hilarious, the haters are used to drive the PR machine. They just help pile on the money for the dude by talking about someone they hate so much....

So you don't think his annoying ass fans have anything to do with it? Or the endless threads that get started proclaiming his glory, etc? You do remember the mods had to make a separate board during the lead up to the Mayweather fiasco right? He does enough to make people dislike him with his antics and non-professionalism, his fans just make it over the top.

It could be the fact he's never defended a title (or actually fought for ages), the ridiculous reckless antics, the fact people actually bought into his hype for the Mayweather fight, or maybe that he's nicked his act from Muhammed Ali (who himself got it from a pro wrestler called Gorgeous George).

I don't hate him, it's more like others have said the effect is a less legitimate sport, with everyone trash talking then it's no longer unique or entertaning. I found the interview with Darren Till after his last victory very compelling because he was just his natural sense not some media creation/entity.

Why do you hate Conor?
You just answered your question in the first sentence: ''Him beating Aldo was the second most impressive thing that I saw outside of Royce Gracie in UFC 1.''

Behind every Conor hater resides a hurt Aldo ball bag hugging boy.

There was never a more high staked event in UFC History with all the hype, insults, World Tour, Aldo pulling out, #SpilledPissGate, old guard vs the new, etc. And the way he did it made it hurt more, like a man bitch slapping a baby, but the baby was probably the most loved Sherdog fighter of all time, along with Wand, Shogun, Fedor and some of the old greats. The pain the ball huggers felt was too profound to put to words, to the point they rooted for a wife beating boxer over and above an MMA fighter.

I don't hate Conor, I despise him.

I didn't really care for him before, thought he was a bit of a cunt but whatever.

But when he came over to the Boxing world and totally disrespected my sport, downplaying it's legitimacy then from that moment on I wanted to see him die in the ring. I understand that it was partly to sell the fight, but I don't really care.

Robert Byrd stopped Floyd from doing it so my next hope is Khabib.

So much so that I am going to the fight in Vegas for the sole purpose to hope he gets life changing and life threatening injuries.

Back