Why do people hate on Conor?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Him beating Aldo was the second most impressive thing that I saw outside Royce Gracie in UFC 1.

I hold Aldo in a very high regard, and to talk all that and walk the walk, it's unprecedented.

Some may compare him to Sonnen, who is a journeyman, who also happen to be a felon, a snitch, a cheater, and just not worth your time or mine, which I don't think is a fair comparison.

I don't really get the Conor hate, and personally, Conor is the greatest of all time if he beats Khabib. There's no argument there, and unfortunately replaces the GOAT list as Conor, Fedor and GSP.

Why do you hate Conor?

The better question here is why do people like Conor?

Its hilarious, the haters are used to drive the PR machine. They just help pile on the money for the dude by talking about someone they hate so much....

Because he wanted to spend a few quid that hes earned and people feel he owes them for some reason.

Conor is the greatest of all time if he beats Khabib. There's no argument there, and unfortunately replaces the GOAT list as Conor, Fedor and GSP.

Because of stupid shit like this

I honestly think the actual amount of fans that hate Conor is very miniscule in comparison to the fans who are more annoyed with his ridiculous, over the top knob-slobbing fan base.

McGregor is a fun scrapper, and knows how to sell a fight like no one else.

It's all the "McGOAT" nonsense that usually brings in the detractors.

That's a bit of a stretch...

{<doc}

Not at all. I am not a Conor fan but

to beat TWO guys who were undefeated in 10 years or so....in two different weight classes....

unprecedented...

Jealousy. Truly hating another man for his success or misery (if you have no connection to him besides being a fan of MMA) is a bitch move

The hate comes from all the GOAT talk. He has had two really impressive wins...thats it.

People love to hate on interesting fighters, i wouldnt say i hate him, i hate that he doesnt fight often, and if he wins well, he wont fight again for a while.

"Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning" - K. Florian

I absolutely love him as a fighter, but the other shit like throwing a dolly at a bus is lame.

Can't wait to see him fight Khabib, but I'm torn since I like both of them.

only stupid people hate.

a lot of the time, hate comes from jealousy.

When you dont know the guy and he has done nothing to personally hurt you, then it is definitely due to jealousy.

Back