Why do people get pissed when guys muscle out of subs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Systemanoob**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Everytime someone goes full force or muscles out of an armbar, things get pissy real fast. They say, "You have no technique, or your supposed to tap out of that." I say, "Fuck that, my arm is in no pain and when I feel a little more pressure and there's no way out I'll tap." Mind you, I'm not stupid and I know my limits. I can feel when it's near snapping a la Mir vs. Sylvia.

To me the BJJ gym is getting like a TMA school. They all have shitty ass technique and complain when you go balls to the wall. That's how it's going to be in a real MMA fight, why go 70 percent like in some TKD class? When white belts come in they tell them 'tap or snap' or call you a brute when you try to do a Rampage slam in a triangle. If white belts with no sub defense can get out of your subs, then you seriously need to reconsider how you train.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I dont get mad , I just tend to Sink in RNC's on the big guys. Way harder to muscle out of that.

your the type of guy that is just going to have to get your elbow popped before you realize that if they get you in an armbar you're not really powering out of it, they're just being nice.

I don't mind because the person trying to muscle subs and out of subs is the one losing out.

Stupid fuck I haven't experienced this since my white belts days when I first started. They probably know they have the armbar sunk, but you refuse to tap so they refuse to break it, since it's only training after all. You are lucky that you have considerate training partners that don't break your arm because of your ignorance.

your the type of guy that is just going to have to get your elbow popped before you realize that if they get you in an armbar you're not really powering out of it, they're just being nice.

Your the type of guy that is going to realize you've been training half-ass and when it comes to a real fight, you'll feel like those TMA guys in the Gracie videos.

Stupid fuck I haven't experienced this since my white belts days when I first started. They probably know they have the armbar sunk, but you refuse to tap so they refuse to break it, since it's only training after all. You are lucky that you have considerate training partners that don't break your arm because of your ignorance.

Did you even read my post? When an armbar is sunk I feel it and tap. It's the shitty ass armbars with no technique I never tap to. Their legs are positioned right, it's too loose, I roll out of it. See Lutter vs. Franklin.

What school do you train at where you can power out of a fully sunk armbar? The amount of strength that requires is so great that you would probably have to be 300+ lbs of solid muscle to do it. That just isn't very common.

What school do you train at where you can power out of a fully sunk armbar? The amount of strength that requires is so great that you would probably have to be 300+ lbs of solid muscle to do it. That just isn't very common.

Who says it's sunk and why are we sticking to just armbars? BTW, it's not always muscling out, rather just not tapping. Sometimes you get lucky and just roll out like Franklin did against Lutter or my favorite when someone tries a Rampage-esque slam like in his fight against Arona.

Seriously I've seen guys try armbars on the street against nobody's and fail. In fact there was a thread on it in the wasteland about a week ago. My point is, I think it's due to people thinking "oh if you don't tap it will break" nonsense. Training full contact/speed is a must, but I just feel it's getting to be like some Karate half-speed nonsense.

Who says it's sunk and why are we sticking to just armbars? BTW, it's not always muscling out, rather just not tapping. Sometimes you get lucky and just roll out like Franklin did against Lutter or my favorite when someone tries a Rampage-esque slam like in his fight against Arona.

Seriously I've seen guys try armbars on the street against nobody's and fail. In fact there was a thread on it in the wasteland about a week ago. My point is, I think it's due to people thinking "oh if you don't tap it will break" nonsense. Training full contact/speed is a must, but I just feel it's getting to be like some Karate half-speed nonsense.

Absolutely.:D

Keep in mind tho that training with other not so extreme partners..this is not nice.

Did you even read my post? When an armbar is sunk I feel it and tap. It's the shitty ass armbars with no technique I never tap to. Their legs are positioned right, it's too loose, I roll out of it. See Lutter vs. Franklin.

Please stop posting. Unless you're an advanced grappler (which I doubt)working with other advanced grapplers and are comfortable working your last minute escapes and are ready to tap in a second, stop spazzing out of armbars in training when your training partners aren't trying to break your arm. You say you muscle out of subs, if the guy was really going as hard as you are he could just muscle it and keep the armbar or whatever locked in.

Your the type of guy that is going to realize you've been training half-ass and when it comes to a real fight, you'll feel like those TMA guys in the Gracie videos.

you a such a moron it's almost unbearable. I'm the guy that armbars you three times before you even know whats going on, and just switches it up and chokes you out when I realize you're one of those morons that refuses to tap.

you are never going to improve if you keep training like that. it has nothing to do with being half assed, but if you're caught you tap. I have broken my fair share of arms in competition, but in training you don't do that. going 100% in training, and not breaking peoples limbs can be done together if you're not a complete fucking idiot like you.

Please stop posting. Unless you're an advanced grappler (which I doubt)working with other advanced grapplers and are comfortable working your last minute escapes and are ready to tap in a second, stop spazzing out of armbars in training when your training partners aren't trying to break your arm. You say you muscle out of subs, if the guy was really going as hard as you are he could just muscle it and keep the armbar or whatever locked in.

he's a juiced up idiot with a white belt.

i have a hundred bucks on that.

Please stop posting. Unless you're an advanced grappler (which I doubt)working with other advanced grapplers and are comfortable working your last minute escapes and are ready to tap in a second, stop spazzing out of armbars in training when your training partners isn't trying to break your arm. You say you muscle out of subs, if the guy was really going as hard as you are he could just muscle it and keep the armbar or whatever locked in.

Are you serious? Basic sub/armbar defense is one of the first things white belts were taught. You don't need to be "advanced" to maneuver out like this.

franklin_escape.gif

put it this way.. if i caught you in an armbar i wouldnt go to initially break it. if it was deep i would wait until you tap and expect the tap, not go for the break. that being said, whenever someone muscles out of submissions it not only is dangerous to the unexpecting opponent, its also a slap in the face to your opponents generosity. period.

Are you serious? Basic sub/armbar defense is one of the first things white belts were taught. You don't need to be "advanced" to maneuver out like this.

franklin_escape.gif

Buddy didn't apply the armbar properly. He aint turnin to his left like that if I'm twistin his wrist to the right.

franklin_escape.gif

first of all that's not powering out, that's escaping. Second even Franklyn would have tapped from that in training. as I stated competition is a different story, he was definitely a bit late on the escape with that though, and I'm surprised he didn't suffer damage to his elbow from Lutter. luckily for him Lutter had a very poor grip.

keep using strength to get out of submissions.......well.........keep doing it until your arm breaks.....then you'll understand why people tap.....being out of commission for a broken arm is not worth it

first of all that's not powering out, that's escaping. Second even Franklyn would have tapped from that in training. as I stated competition is a different story, he was definitely a bit late on the escape with that though, and I'm surprised he didn't suffer damage to his elbow from Lutter. luckily for him Lutter had a very poor grip.

That WON'T happen in top judo.LOL That was done bang!

And the armbar was weak.

Everytime someone goes full force or muscles out of an armbar, things get pissy real fast. They say, "You have no technique, or your supposed to tap out of that." I say, "Fuck that, my arm is in no pain and when I feel a little more pressure and there's no way out I'll tap." Mind you, I'm not stupid and I know my limits. I can feel when it's near snapping a la Mir vs. Sylvia.

To me the BJJ gym is getting like a TMA school. They all have shitty ass technique and complain when you go balls to the wall. That's how it's going to be in a real MMA fight, why go 70 percent like in some TKD class? When white belts come in they tell them 'tap or snap' or call you a brute when you try to do a Rampage slam in a triangle. If white belts with no sub defense can get out of your subs, then you seriously need to reconsider how you train.

Has anyone else experienced this?

uh, b/c bjj is not mma. if you are in a gi class, you are training bjj - not mma style adapted bjj or submission wrestling.

if you want slams, go to your mma practice and do it there. in a gi class or bjj tournament, you can't slam - it is illegal and any sane instructor would likely boot you out of class for slamming someone.

and those guys are being friendly and courteous by not applying excessive pressure to cause injury. you being a prick and acting like you are trying to win a mma match isn't an excuse to bitch and whine when guys get upset when rolling with you

honestly, you sound like an idiot, and i hope you stop going to bjj before you hurt someone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back