Why Do People Count Colby Out Against Usman

People were saying Colby would lose against Usman long before Usman won the title.

People aren’t going to change their opinions just because Usman has the belt and Colby can’t avoid fighting him without passing up on a title shot.

Colby is hungry and knows he's still got a lot to prove, Usman is gonna feel invincible going into this fight, I predict his arrogance will be his downfall.

/front-page
giphy.gif

Colby is hungry and knows he's still got a lot to prove, Usman is gonna feel invincible going into this fight, I predict his arrogance will be his downfall.

You could say the same exact thing about Colby...

i love how people bring up maia's face after the colby fight like colby beat the shit out of him or something. it was from 1 cut, even some weak glancing shot can open you up and have you pouring blood.

Last edited:
Usman followed Colby’s blue prints against RDA and Maia.

I like this fight, Usman might be the better MMA wreslter and is more physically imposing but I bet Colby would be able to deal with it has he pushes the pace also and has cardio to match.

I personally dont like reigning champs and like the divisions get shaken up with new champs, opens matchups that may have not otherwise happen. Now Twood has a plethera of dudes to scrap.

Not counting Colby out or anything but I've always said Usman is a bad matchup for Colby. Colby lost the first round getting out boxed by k1 maia lost 2 rounds to RDA even got taken down few times while Usman never lost a round or a minute in those fights or again woodley. Colby use his wrestling advantage against those fighters but won't have that advantage against Usman.

This. Some people seem to overlook the fact that Colby was getting decisively out struck by Maia and was losing up until Maia gassed horribly. It wasn’t an impressive performance until the final minute of the fight in my opinion.

It's def gonna be an interesting scrap. The only things I think Usman has over Colby are strength and power. Like TS said, their styles are very similar and they will negate each other in many areas. I believe this fight is decided on the feet. As much as I'm tired of Colby and would love for him to get his ass kicked so that I don't have to hear his childish schtik anymore, I just want to see a good fight. May the best man win.

Back