Why Do People Count Colby Out Against Usman

Can see you've developed some selective memory

so-paulo-sp-29102017-ufc-fight-night-fight-between-demian-maia-black-KFHH8W.jpg
nah Mark Munoz didn't look so hot either when K-1 Maia was striking with him.

Dude, I think you need to rewatch that fight and particularly the last round. Maia was a bloody mess and almost finished... He was seconds away from being stopped when the bell rang.

Calm down fellas. I'm just messing with @SpongeJoshSquareCheck because it's fun and he's a good sport. lol

they're actually decent boxers and have attributes that help like height, reach, chin, cardio, etc etc.

colby is a dogshit striker with no power.

i don't know, having the balls to let his hands go counts for a lot in my opinion.

i mean, i'm with you on he's not a very good striker, or has huge power, but he definitely lets his hands go and that alone can just wear someone down.

the quality is shit, but the quantity is impressive.

Because Colby’s Strengths are Usmans strengths and Usman is better everywhere.
No...not really...not really at all. Wrestling maybe, but not in the standup or anywhere else. Usman standup is ugly as fuck, Colby's is not much better but better it is.

Impossible to predict fights unless its Jones or Prime Fedor. I thought Woodley would win against Usman and he got dominated badly

Usman isn't getting the respect he deserves imo. He's literally the second best welterweight this sport has ever seen. People just don't understand that yet. When he defends the strap four or five times people will get it.

Until then, people will continue to think he beat a bad version of Tyrone. The truth is that Usman is really that good.

I'll get flamed for this post but whatever

Usman isn't getting the respect he deserves imo. He's literally the second best welterweight this sport has ever seen. People just don't understand that yet. When he defends the strap four or five times people will get it.

Until then, people will continue to think he beat a bad version of Tyrone. The truth is that Usman is really that good.

I'll get flamed for this post but whatever
Another genius that think Tyron and Usman are WW GOATS. Smh

maybe because of how dominant Usman was against tyron. but I don't feel that way. Colby is a different problem for Usman. colby doesn't stop moving forward which is a big variable in the fight against Usman.

I haVe a FeELinG hE lOsES tHIs ONe gUys

As a Jones supporter, it was very entertaining watch them get down on their knees and pray that Jones will lose.

They didn't present a single coherent argument as why Jones would lose against Smith. Just wishful thinking and esoteric "I'm having a vibe that Jones will lose" posts.

#andstill

<JonesDXSuckIt>

Counting anyone out is silly to begin with. With that said, I'm sure that most people would agree that Usman is a better fighter overall. Besides, if the story about Usman's injury is true, we still haven't seen the best of him.

Another genius that think Tyron and Usman are WW GOATS. Smh
People are obsessed with the whole GOAT thing on sherdog. There is a difference between being great at something and being the best at something. Emmitt Smith is a greater running back than Eric Dickerson, but nobody in their right mind thinks that Smith is better than Dickerson.

My point is that Usman can still be the best ever without even defending the title. Whither that said, I would bet the farm that GSP beats him or tyron 9/10 times. I see Usman as the second best we ever. There is nothing crazy about that.

What are Colby's best fights..? 40+ yr old Maia the bjj master who was lighting Colby up before his tanks ran dry, and RDA who Colby cuddled pressure and still couldn't hold down the smaller RDA for any extended period of time or make him truly pay for being under him. Colby has awkward looking striking with no real pop and pressures you just not to get hit.

I honestly don't see where he beats Usman (the guy he avoided until he got ahead of him) anywhere or Tyron included I think too many of you buy into his Twitter tuf guy chat & WWE wrestling act as real fighting..? I can't wait for his ass to get laid out seeing how Usman been calling him out since he was a scrub chasing that duck fighter.

i don't know, having the balls to let his hands go counts for a lot in my opinion.

i mean, i'm with you on he's not a very good striker, or has huge power, but he definitely lets his hands go and that alone can just wear someone down.

the quality is shit, but the quantity is impressive.
he also got pieced up by maia in the 1st round before maia gassed.

he also got pieced up by maia in the 1st round before maia gassed.

i know, but he didn't get pieced up by RDA, and RDA is a much better striker than Maia is.

that's why i said you can't really compare "skill for skill" in MMA, you have to compare the overall styles to each other, and you'll get a more complete picture.

Back